• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

2008 College Football Thread

Rate this topic

I agree, but I can see BlackChambers side of it because if MSU doesn't hold up to their end of the bargain it is pointless.

So anyway where is HTRW? It's time to start talking some garbage!!!

Two posts above. I assumed that the "leaders and best" had suitable reading skills necessary for a forum such as this one. ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if Rich Rod pulls some crazy s*** out of his bag this weekend, almost how Lloyd did against Florida last year.

OSU won last year by lining up in the same formations they had all year and running brand-new plays out of them, making all that game film worthless. That's probably what it's going to take this year for Michigan. We're either going to lose 42-14, 20-14, or win 14-10, but we're not rolling up a whole lot of points no matter what, unless we break some big plays and get some defensive scores too.

Ya know, I like you guys. You're all good college football fans and all around good guys despite your affection for the Weasels.

But if you can't step up the passion a little, I'm gonna have to be a real *******. I'm just not feeling that old school hatred the makes my heart swell up with joy.

Also, new batch of Dead Schembechlers/Bastard Sons of Woody songs. I think you'll even like the third song.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=26176291

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings

Ya know, I like you guys. You're all good college football fans and all around good guys despite your affection for the Weasels.

But if you can't step up the passion a little, I'm gonna have to be a real *******. I'm just not feeling that old school hatred the makes my heart swell up with joy.

Also, new batch of Dead Schembechlers/Bastard Sons of Woody songs. I think you'll even like the third song.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=26176291

I see your point, but I gotta admit it's hard when the records are this lopsided. I don't think it's ever been this way...I've been trying to upload a few pics, but this site is being a pain in the ass right now. They will be up though. The Dead Schembechlers are a bunch assholes, but the 3rd song is 100% correct.

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

I wouldn't be surprised if Rich Rod pulls some crazy s*** out of his bag this weekend, almost how Lloyd did against Florida last year.

Anyways, this just has 1990's Mich/OSU written all over it.

hahahaha...yeah. That's exactly it. DickRod has just been sandbagging the Big10 and saving his good s*** for this game. That's exactly it.

How's that blue and yellow kool aide?

MikeHart.jpg

Don't think I can beat that one....

hahahaha...yeah. That's exactly it. DickRod has just been sandbagging the Big10 and saving his good s*** for this game. That's exactly it.

Lets not take it that far, because we all know that is not the case. Dantonio used some tricky stuff against U-M. Tressel brought a whole new look against U-M in 2006. Every coach goes to a secret part of the playbook when they are playing rivals.

I agree with Blak's post. MSU has to take care of PSU before anything else can be accomplished further. Yes, I would love to see Michigan State in the Rose Bowl as Big Ten champs but nothing can happen if the Spartans dont win against the Nittany Lions.

Plus if I cheered for the Wolverines and they won but Spartans lost...i would feel sick to my stomach.

banner.gif

I'm glad that happened, because it turns OSU fans into giant steaming hypocrites any time they criticize logo-jumping or any such thing.

I respect Woody for the most part but God he could a classless piece of s*** at times. You never, ever caught Bo's teams disrespecting the opposition or running up the score. Or punching out opposing players who'd just picked off a pass, come to think of it.

By the way, thanks for reverting to the standard OSU spelling system so we know which team that is on the field.

I'm glad that happened, because it turns OSU fans into giant steaming hypocrites any time they criticize logo-jumping or any such thing.

I respect Woody for the most part but God he could a classless piece of s*** at times. You never, ever caught Bo's teams disrespecting the opposition or running up the score. Or punching out opposing players who'd just picked off a pass, come to think of it.

By the way, thanks for reverting to the standard OSU spelling system so we know which team that is on the field.

First of all, thank you.

And Michigan fans can't say a thing either since Jamaal Crawford and the basketball team jumped on Duke's logo 5 or 6 years ago.

Woody was an absolute nutcase. He was actually mentally unbalanced. Football was his obsession and it got the best of him on several occasions. However, off the field, Woody was one of the most generous people in the world. There's no telling when the "Pay It Forward" movement actually started, but he was doing it before it was cool to do it.

As far as Bo goes, he was a bit of a nutcase too, but he had a shred of restraint in his system. I was 4 when Bo retired, so I can't name any specific examples and will take your word for it on Bo's actions. He certainly doesn't have any historical outbursts in the same vein as Woody. One thing I do know, he was Bo-for-20 on National Championships.

I wasn't the one who made the graphic, so I can't take credit for the spelling, however we at OSU feel there probably aren't any real UM alums who are football fans, since they're too busy sampling wine and cheese and discussing broadway plays. I guess if being an arrogant ******* is your goal in life, you guys can have it. We'll settle for our Top 20 public education school in the nation and not be douchebags.

Woody, and Bo fell from the same tree. They were both probably mental to some sort, and probably got away with a bunch of stuff behind closed in practice that would get them fired today. The difference was Woody took it too far in public. If you exclude Woody in his role in the Civil War I think he's a disgrace to college football.

I don't remember Crawford stomping on Duke's floor. I remember watching the game, but not that part. I'm probably wrong. Saying U-M alums don't care about football is stupid. That's just like saying Ohio State, Notre Dame, or Alabama fans don't care about football. Al these people live for football.

I don't remember Crawford stomping on Duke's floor. I remember watching the game, but not that part. I'm probably wrong. Saying U-M alums don't care about football is stupid. That's just like saying Ohio State, Notre Dame, or Alabama fans don't care about football. Al these people live for football.

I thought broad, sweeping generalizations were fair game?

You guys take me too seriously.

garfieldmichiganlosers.jpg

I thought broad, sweeping generalizations were fair game?

You guys take me too seriously.

garfieldmichiganlosers.jpg

Of course we take you too seriously. It's rivalry week. You are suppose to take everything out of context, and give/accept the low blows :D

Is there anything better? No, if you ask me!

Alright, I'm still up watching last year's game. Which may actually be the worst game in rivalry history outside of the Snow Bowl.

Having watched plenty of Michigan football this season (I've been soaking it up like spring sunshine), I can't invision many scenarios where the Buckeyes lose.

However, there are several factors that will help The School Up North. Tressel will call it almost certainly extremely conservative. So much so that the 40 point victory that I'm pining for, and should be a realistic fantasy, is actually entirely unrealistic. JT will do his best to turn what should be a 30 point game into a 10 point game.

There aren't really any expectations for Michigan. Therefore, if they complete some passes, get some bounces, and manage not trip over themselves on the way to the goal line, they may actually get some confidence. This also brings into frame the corollary of this Buckeye season, in which for everything good they do, they screw up twice as much.

Rich Rod is new to the rivalry and brings a new look to it. In a couple years, his offensive system may have us shaking in our cleats....I don't think that will be the case this year. However, I never underestimate Heacock's inability to adjust to the simplest of offensive gameplans.

Sure, you guys have been awful this year, but I'm not taking it for granted. We should beat you and I'll be taking great joy in your misery. It makes Thanksgiving so much more fun for me when I walk in and my dad and brother call me an *******.

Sure, you guys have been awful this year, but I'm not taking it for granted. We should beat you and I'll be taking great joy in your misery.

Like hell you will. There's really not much tUOS can do to add to the misery of the season. We're pretty much already numb; most of us are expecting a blowout, so when it comes it's just par for the course. You, like most tUOS fans, probably see this as mostly a foregone conclusion, and the win won't bring you the same happiness, merely the satisfaction of being right. (And don't kid yourselves. Arrogance? Trust me, you guys have it in spades.)

A loss, on the other hand, would cause nuclear meltdown. In the event Michigan wins I'm gonna go over to BP and just refresh the game thread over and over again. I saw what happened over there when we beat you in basketball. Multiply that by two billion in the event of a football loss.