• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

2008 College Football Thread

Rate this topic

And Michigan fans can't say a thing either since Jamaal Crawford and the basketball team jumped on Duke's logo 5 or 6 years ago.

Or how about when Jalen Rose rubbed his ass on the block S at the Breslin?

As much as Michigan fans want to claim otherwise, their school is no better (or worse) than anyone else when it comes to being assholes.

simple question: Is this Michigan season a success if you beat Ohio State on saturday?

Abso-freakin-lutely. Why was Carr gently nudged aside? Didn't beat OSU enough. So if RR changes that, I don't care what happened against Northwestern or Illinois or Purdue.

Or how about when Jalen Rose rubbed his ass on the block S at the Breslin?

As the Fab Five seasons have been wiped from the record books, I deny this ever happened.

Alright, I'm still up watching last year's game. Which may actually be the worst game in rivalry history outside of the Snow Bowl.

Having watched plenty of Michigan football this season (I've been soaking it up like spring sunshine), I can't invision many scenarios where the Buckeyes lose.

However, there are several factors that will help The School Up North. Tressel will call it almost certainly extremely conservative. So much so that the 40 point victory that I'm pining for, and should be a realistic fantasy, is actually entirely unrealistic. JT will do his best to turn what should be a 30 point game into a 10 point game.

There aren't really any expectations for Michigan. Therefore, if they complete some passes, get some bounces, and manage not trip over themselves on the way to the goal line, they may actually get some confidence. This also brings into frame the corollary of this Buckeye season, in which for everything good they do, they screw up twice as much.

Rich Rod is new to the rivalry and brings a new look to it. In a couple years, his offensive system may have us shaking in our cleats....I don't think that will be the case this year. However, I never underestimate Heacock's inability to adjust to the simplest of offensive gameplans.

Sure, you guys have been awful this year, but I'm not taking it for granted. We should beat you and I'll be taking great joy in your misery. It makes Thanksgiving so much more fun for me when I walk in and my dad and brother call me an *******.

I agree with this. I will be cheering my ass off. If there isn't a 0.1% of winning I wouldn't watch, but there is always that chance, and college football is wild (see OSU/U-M 1969). By the way what I said about Woody I take back. I was thinking about it, and thought to myself he was the Bob Knight of football, and I love Bob Knight. He crossed the line a million times, but I would have played for him.

As the Fab Five seasons have been wiped from the record books, I deny this ever happened.

HAHA!

simple question: Is this Michigan season a success if you beat Ohio State on saturday?

I would say it builds great momentum for the off season, because everyone on offense is back, and new QB's are coming along with more "jack rabbits" like Odoms. It would also send a chill down OSU fans spines if Rodriguez beats OSU with a horrible team. With that said it is by no means a successful season, because U-M should NEVER have this record. I knew the high chance of a season like 5-7, or 6-6, but 3-8 is just a joke.

A direct quote from Dantonio via a Big Ten teleconference: "Go Bucks".

I just read that too. I can't blame him for being loyal.

I thought it was funny when that media guy asked Urban Meyer about Utah. Meyer wanted to hide under a rock! That guy is such a hypocrite. It's funny how things change when you're on the other side of the fence!

Any links for this?

It's not confirmed anywhere. You can goto Mgoblog.com where it says it (which is a legit site). Last week he was suppose to play, but benched himself (to his defense he has been banged up, and had a family member pass away).

I see your point on RR's comments, but I do get his point (which has a lot of truth). If you go on these college message boards people take it across the line no matter what team it is. After loses they make personal attacks on players/coaches, which is ridiculous, and calling for a coaches head whenever something breaks down.

A direct quote from Dantonio via a Big Ten teleconference: "Go Bucks".

I love Dantonio :thumbup:

Wow word on the street is McGuffie is transferring. Judas Priest.....

I've heard that for a while now. It wouldn't surprise me. As of right now, he's not cut out to be a Big 10 back. He's small and runs upright. Smaller guys like Ringer and Hart can do well in the Big 10 since they run lower to the ground and they're much more solid. And even then, they've both battled injuries. McGuffie has learned the hard way that its a lot easier to hurdle high school linebackers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3710474

Also, wtf is Dick Rod talking about? Saying football doesn't matter because the economy sucks. Well that may be true, except that you get paid millions of dollars to worry about football over everything else.

His seat has got to be mighty hot. I wonder what kind of phone calls Bill Martin has been getting.

I've heard that for a while now. It wouldn't surprise me. As of right now, he's not cut out to be a Big 10 back. He's small and runs upright. Smaller guys like Ringer and Hart can do well in the Big 10 since they run lower to the ground and they're much more solid. And even then, they've both battled injuries. McGuffie has learned the hard way that its a lot easier to hurdle high school linebackers.

Well said. That's what I think too. When I watched his film before he came here it was amazing, but I always wondered what would happen when he meets up with a Big Ten LB. Earlier this year I thought it was just a strength issue that would come with time, but when I see other true freshmen (some smaller then him) break tackles, or run people over I started to have my doubts if he could ever be a every play back. He has been exciting this year when he gets into space, but he has to do due his part too if he wants to get there.

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

The Not-Great Eight

ESPN research monster Brett Edgerton passes along the following reason for Ohio State fans to root for Vanderbilt this week and/or Kentucky next week when they play Tennessee (25): With one more loss, the Volunteers will join Michigan at the eight-loss plateau for the first time ever.

And that would leave Ohio State as the only current FBS school to have never lost eight games in a season. The Volunteers will have to win back-to-back games for the first time since last November -- when they beat Vandy and Kentucky -- to avoid that fate.

I love Dantonio :thumbup:

Yeah, Dantonio's a true Sparty now. He'd have to be, in order to actively sacrifice the Rose Bowl just to see Michigan lose. Only the Spartans. Makes it all the more hilarious if he jumps ship to Tennessee. I don't think he will, but I'd love to see it just for s***s and giggles.

If Dantonio bolted to Tenn (which I don't think will happen) I would fear my life because MSU would be calling Cincinnati for another head coach, a very good head coach.

Quite the opposite. The Cincy coach is taking the Tennessee job. Kelly is a such a job *****...he's one bolt away from being Bobby Petrino.

Yeah, Dantonio's a true Sparty now. He'd have to be, in order to actively sacrifice the Rose Bowl just to see Michigan lose. Only the Spartans. Makes it all the more hilarious if he jumps ship to Tennessee. I don't think he will, but I'd love to see it just for s***s and giggles.

Because what Dantonio says at his presser affects the outcome of the game. If anything, it's just another genius manipulation of the media by Dantonio. He says "Go Bucks." The few non-general studies major Wolverines on the team that can actually understand more than pointing and grunting hear this and get fired up to show little brother what they can do, that they're not going to let the coach of a cow college disrespect them like that. Michigan pulls off an upset. The Snake-Oil Salesman's job stays a little safer, and MSU goes to the Rose Bowl.

As far as Dantonio leaving...

"It's not over. I'm going to be a coach here for a long time. It's not over, it's just starting."

-After the 2007 Michigan game. Another great media performance by Dantonio.

When he was hired, the told the press that win or lose, this was his last job. I can't find the exact quote. The only other school I could see Dantonio jumping ship for would be Ohio State. But the only way Cheatypants McSweatervest is going anywhere is if the NCAA does anything.

Dantonio is staying in East Lansing. And he is going to make Michigan long for the days when Bobby and JLS were coaching MSU.

As far as Dantonio leaving...

"It's not over. I'm going to be a coach here for a long time. It's not over, it's just starting."

-After the 2007 Michigan game. Another great media performance by Dantonio.

When he was hired, the told the press that win or lose, this was his last job. I can't find the exact quote. The only other school I could see Dantonio jumping ship for would be Ohio State. But the only way Cheatypants McSweatervest is going anywhere is if the NCAA does anything.

Dantonio is staying in East Lansing. And he is going to make Michigan long for the days when Bobby and JLS were coaching MSU.

Yeah, and Rodriguez said he is staying at WVU for life after turning down Bama. :rolleyes:

I agree though he isn't going anywhere, but don't count me in for longing for the days of JLS. I like it when they are both competitive, and Dantonio's conservative play calling doesn't scare me either....

Yeah, and Rodriguez said he is staying at WVU for life after turning down Bama. :rolleyes:

Well, you've bought yourself a Snake Oil Salesman in a wizard hat. Nothing I've seen from Dantonio has given me any indication that he would up and leave, then try to sue his former school to get out of his contract, then have his lawyer compare the situation to being a slave, then when his season is imploding, tell the fanbase to get a life and worry about the economy.

I agree though he isn't going anywhere, but don't count me in for longing for the days of JLS. I like it when they are both competitive, and Dantonio's conservative play calling doesn't scare me either....

I can think of another coach who gets criticized for being too conservative, who is a mentor to Dantonio, and who is 6-1 against Michigan with a national championship

I can also think of a former Michigan coach who was criticized for being too conservative who has a 122-40 lifetime record and no way in hell would have this team end up at 3-8.

Well, you've bought yourself a Snake Oil Salesman in a wizard hat. Nothing I've seen from Dantonio has given me any indication that he would up and leave, then try to sue his former school to get out of his contract, then have his lawyer compare the situation to being a slave, then when his season is imploding, tell the fanbase to get a life and worry about the economy.

Seriously....that quote was taken so ridiculously out of context the writers ought to be embarrassed.