• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ruys92

Still Bitter about Game 5 loss

Rate this topic

was there and paid more than i should have to potentially see them win the stanley cup and hoist it live in front of my face. OT only built my anticipation up more and they lost. I love that they won it all but have to admit that i am still bitter about that loss.

worst.topic.ever.massive.fail.

seriously, we won it d00der in 6, be glad that we have the cup and you got to goto a playoff game there are a lot of us here who would give our left nut to go to a playoff game win or loss and be very grateful for it, espeically a SCF game.

was there and paid more than i should have to potentially see them win the stanley cup and hoist it live in front of my face. OT only built my anticipation up more and they lost. I love that they won it all but have to admit that i am still bitter about that loss.

Yep, I was there and in your exact same situation. I completely agree.

Although you have to admit, that atmosphere for the last 10 minutes was incredible. The way Detroit dominated and the 34.6 seconds really added to the disapointment.

I'm glad the team responded well to such a heartbreaker and won game 6 though. A stanley cup in the end :siren::siren:

Edited by 19Hockeytown5

I'm generally one who gets over things easily and would say or think such things as get over it, move on, or things could be worse (which they could be :P) in most cases if people complain about miniscule things, but I can understand being upset, especially if you were there live.

I don't let much surprise me anymore at least when watching hockey, we've seen the Wings screw the pooch in letting teams back in the last minute or two of a game (see Anaheim series last year, I know I know, phantom Datsyuk penalty call), we've seen them come back in the final minute (see 2002 Carolina series game 3 with the Brett Hull goal). Plus it pretty much happens to every team good or bad a few times during the regular season. I was definitely starting to get to the edge of my couch as the last minute wore down of that game 5, but I wasn't getting too excited yet like they won because a 1-goal lead is never safe and it takes less than a second to score a goal. When it happened I just sighed and sat back but didn't act too stunned like the world crashed down on me, because we've seen it happen plenty in hockey.

But with that being said, I was in the comfort of my home watching TV spending $0.00. Forking out a few hundred dollars on a ticket and parking and food, coming close to seeing a Stanley Cup celebration by about a half minute, regardless of if it was your team that won or not, and losing that game, I'd be a little down in the dumps after as well.

Most important thing though is that we won the :champs:. One day/game late is better than nothing at all. ;)

I didn't really mind that we lost the game, just the way we lost it. We always do that. <_< We can't score on the EN, can't clear the zone and they end up tying the game and winning in OT. And we haven't always bounced back in the series *coughAnaheimcough*. I'm just glad we won it when I was in Cheli's rather than sitting at home.

Edited by wingnut40

Guest Shoreline

I'm slightly bitter too. Still, though, 1997 and 2002 at home aren't bad. 1998 and 2008 just happen to be won away from the Joe. Just think, there might be some really happy Wings fans in DC or Pittsburgh who got to see their team win the cup on the other's ice, and those people getting to celebrate in front of the disappointed home crowd. :D

Edited by Shoreline

I was there too, and it was a let down, but I can still say that was the best game I've ever seen in my life and it was the last home game of a championship season. I guess my glass is half full :) .

I'm going to Show My bitter and Cyniacle Side here, i guess, But i'm happy that they lost Game 5

And Yes, i'm a huge Wings Fan.

Detroit fans didn't deserve to see the Wings win the Cup this year. I've gone to about 7 games in my life before this year, and I went to 7 games This year alone. Out of those 7 games, not one was a sell out. Growing Up, I always wished that I had a job that allowed me to go to as many wings games as possible. and now that I finally have a full time job (I don't make very much though) I used most of my expendable income on Wings Games. I went to Dalllas in the spring as was even lucky enough to catch game 6 vs. the stars.

I go to the games, I buy the jerseys, i always try to trade my tickets up at the last minute, I buy Beer and food at the game, I'm there for warm ups, and I'm there for the 3 star Selection. and I am loud every moment in between. In frank, I'm am what every fan should be.

I'm not saying I'm special, there are others like me. MANY others like me. Most of whom have Families and mortgages, that they have to worry about, and thus, cannot attend Playoff games or as many games as I could. when Playoff time came around, I tried desperately to get someone, anyone to come to a game in the first 2 rounds, against Nashviulle or colorado, no one was interested. I got to see game 6 in Dallas, and was determined to see a game in the finals. I was willing to pay 2-300 Dollars for a ticket to get in. I couldnt' find any in that price range.

So, while I was going to game after game during the seasson, dropping 50$ a game to get in, plus at least anouther 50$ in beer and food, and bought 2 jerseys at the games, the arena was no where Close to being full, and no where close to being loud. And now, all of a sudden, the wings are in the Finals, and all of our "die hard fans" Show up and have 500$ to spend on a ticket.

I know it's an immature way to think, I know I should jsut be happy my team won, I know it seems like a selfish way to look at things, but I'm not bitter just for myself, I'm not like that. I don't think the world is against me, but I am pretty bitter for Myself as well as thousand and thousands of others Like myself who were there all year when others wern't and just got priced out of the game that mattered.

I didn't want to see them win the cup at home. I didn't want to see the fans that iddn't show up all season, who were able to go to that games becasue they have 500$ sitting around for a ticket, and now, all of a sudden the wings are "good enough" for them to spend a night on them. This team this year has been one of the most dominant Hockey teams I've ever seen in my life. Those who went to the games and saw the final shots consistently at 40-15 know what I'm talking about.

We are Not hockeytown, and I am personally glad that those rich Lower bowl Bandwagon jumping snobs didn't get to see what I didn't get to see. GO WINGS, GO REAL FANS!

The season before last, I went to 1 preseason game, about 10 regular season games, and 3 playoff games.

I couldn't go to any this year because I bought a house & now I'm broke. But I caught every game on TV.

The main reason I'm upset we lost game five is because it was probably the best game of hockey I've ever seen & it won't be on the DVD. :(

I'm going to Show My bitter and Cyniacle Side here, i guess, But i'm happy that they lost Game 5

Detroit fans didn't deserve to see the Wings win the Cup this year. I've gone to about 7 games in my life before this year, and I went to 7 games This year alone. Out of those 7 games, not one was a sell out. Growing Up, I always wished that I had a job that allowed me to go to as many wings games as possible. and now that I finally have a full time job (I don't make very much though) I used most of my expendable income on Wings Games. I went to Dalllas in the spring as was even lucky enough to catch game 6 vs. the stars.

I go to the games, I buy the jerseys, i always try to trade my tickets up at the last minute, I buy Beer and food at the game, I'm there for warm ups, and I'm there for the 3 star Selection. and I am loud every moment in between. In frank, I'm am what every fan should be.

I'm not saying I'm special, there are others like me. MANY others like me. Most of whom have Families and mortgages, that they have to worry about, and thus, cannot attend Playoff games or as many games as I could. when Playoff time came around, I tried desperately to get someone, anyone to come to a game in the first 2 rounds, against Nashviulle or colorado, no one was interested. I got to see game 6 in Dallas, and was determined to see a game in the finals. I was willing to pay 2-300 Dollars for a ticket to get in. I couldnt' find any in that price range.

So, while I was going to game after game during the seasson, dropping 50$ a game to get in, plus at least anouther 50$ in beer and food, and bought 2 jerseys at the games, the arena was no where Close to being full, and no where close to being loud. And now, all of a sudden, the wings are in the Finals, and all of our "die hard fans" Show up and have 500$ to spend on a ticket.

I know it's an immature way to think, I know I should jsut be happy my team won, I know it seems like a selfish way to look at things, but I'm not bitter just for myself, I'm not like that. I don't think the world is against me, but I am pretty bitter for Myself as well as thousand and thousands of others Like myself who were there all year when others wern't and just got priced out of the game that mattered.

I didn't want to see them win the cup at home. I didn't want to see the fans that iddn't show up all season, who were able to go to that games becasue they have 500$ sitting around for a ticket, and now, all of a sudden the wings are "good enough" for them to spend a night on them. This team this year has been one of the most dominant Hockey teams I've ever seen in my life. Those who went to the games and saw the final shots consistently at 40-15 know what I'm talking about.

We are Not hockeytown, and I am personally glad that those rich Lower bowl Bandwagon jumping snobs didn't get to see what I didn't get to see. GO WINGS, GO REAL FANS!

OMFG. Are you serious?

worst.topic.ever.massive.fail.

This kind of opening statement is an excellent way of killing the interest for whatever you're going to say next.

To the original poster; you have every right to be bitter buddy, that's how we human work. I too have a bitter taste left...It was so much hype and expectations in the air that night, the pain out of losing, and they way we lost, was terrible! I don't think I ever recovered mentally, even when they did win. And apparently not still!

I can see where you are coming from, but in saying that i thini the team wanted to win it at the joe and i cheer for the team, not for/against the fans. I was just upset cuz to me personally that game 5 loss felt worse then losing game 6 to anaheim the year before, and that game knocked us out.

I'm not bitter about the loss, but I can understand why fans that were in attendance at JLA that night could be. Ultimately it worked out for the Red Wings, so it's tough to complain about where the championship was won.

The game five loss was tough to swallow at the time, but looking back now it was one of the best hockey games ever. I'll never forget Rafalski's celebration after his goal put the Red Wings up 3-2. Amazing game, wrong result.

Guest Crymson

Well, that sucks for you.

I can't believe we just didn't get handed the cup and save all of you the money. To think we actually had to play games to see who won. And the travel, think of the gas people would have saved if bettass just said, We played it out on NHL 08 and Wings Win. I paid my cable bill and they still raised it in front of my face. Point is, we have the cup, and it's almost time to defend it. Lets get the season started.

The suits not in the lower bowl arguement has been talked about ad naseum in here, so yeah that is definitely annoying, but why hold the rest of the fans hostage then saying that Detroit fans didn't deserve to win or see the Cup on home ice just because of the suits or people that can't afford to go because of the economy? For many of the non-suit people, it's a crappy economy overall. Entertainment dollars are fewer for most people and that means having to make sacrafices and some people just cannot afford to go to even just 10+ games a season, which would definitely cost more than $500. It doesn't mean that Red Wings fans who might have went to games more in the past all of a sudden don't care about the team anymore. I understand the logic from your post, but honestly I just think you are being a bit too bitter towards people that didn't go, regardless of if it was the suits or because people just cannot consistently afford to go anymore.

There's more than one kind of fan. Just because someone shells out the money for a SCF ticket, and not for the regular season, it doesn't make them a bad fan. I've seen a total of one game at JLA, because I live in Ohio (where I at least see a few Wings games a year in Columbus). I still see almost every other game on tv, and I'm biting my nails just as much as a guy who's in the arena, or I'm just as excited when they win.

Accept that there are going to be more fans coming out of the woodwork when the Wings are going deep in the playoffs. Detroit has plenty of teams to pick from, and being a die-hard fan of multiple teams don't leave time for much else... regardless of who they support, though, a shot at the Stanley Cup is something special. How you can blame them for having enough money to see at least one of those games is beyond me. The Cleveland Indians went pretty deep awhile ago, and I kept myself informed about it, watched the games, talked about it, etc., even though I don't like baseball (I'm not legally allowed to drink yet).

Oh, and if you had $300 to try to buy a ticket, and you spent $100 per game, 7 games in the year, then you could have been economical and gotten two SCF tickets, or skipped two of the regular season games and had enough to get a SCF ticket. Maybe the "die-hard fans" just thought it through a little bit more.

I hear ya buddy, still on lots of fans minds. I was there for game 5 too.

It's funny I'm reading ur topic today because I had a dream about game last night as well.

Honestly, I'm still shocked given the circumstances and I still blame the refs. It makes me feel better :)

And I blame Bettman. That's a given, lol.