• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WingNutt

Don Cherry Malkin Comments

Rate this topic

I was just watching the latest version of coach's corner and couldn't help but notice Don commenting on Malkin being selfish for netting a empty netter to get the hat trick. How convenient that Malkin is not only a european player but a Russian as well. We all know how Don feels about Euros especially "soft Russians"

Usually I'd just shrug his comments off like usual but this one I found quite entertaining considering I remember in last years playoffs, Malkin making passing the puck over to a teammate to get a empty net goal rather than shooting it in himself. So basically that tells me Malkin either just recently became a selfish player, I mean of course the leader in points and assist in the league right now is selfish. The player leading in points and assist and is ranked 31 in goals in the league perfectly makes sense to me.

Just wondering if any of you remember the play last year where he passed when he could have shot it right in?

can't wait to hear what Don has to say about the Avery incident this weekend .

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

maybe he forgot this one too from a few weeks ago

When have you ever seen a player with a chance for a hat trick and an empty net at the other end of the ice not shoot for it?

?? ask Don. If I was the teammate and he did happen to pass instead of shoot, I'd pass it right back so he could get the trick, the coach probably specifically had him out their at that moment so he would have a good chance of getting the hatty.

oh well its Don Cherry of course it makes no sense.

hey now, i know don cherry has a propensity to making ridiculous comments about euros and favouring the good ol' canadian kid, but he does know what he's talking about. more often than not he makes a prediction or comment that turns out to be true later on.

all that to say that he does make sense more than he doesn't.

This is bush. Of course every player is going to take a shot for the hat trick. And like someone above me said, if passed to, I would pass it right back. Silly.

Malkin is just a Don Cherry whipping boy. He gave it to him pretty good during the playoffs.

Guest Shoreline

He's bound to make dumb comments. If you're a Grapes fan you take the good with the bad.

99% of the time, teammates will always help the guy who is close to getting a hat trick shoot the empty netter. The Wings' do this all the time, for example a few weeks ago when Hossa had those 2-goal games, everyone was trying to pass to him at the end. Stupid comment by Cherry.

hey now, i know don cherry has a propensity to making ridiculous comments about euros and favouring the good ol' canadian kid, but he does know what he's talking about. more often than not he makes a prediction or comment that turns out to be true later on.

all that to say that he does make sense more than he doesn't.

like when he said gilbert brule will be a better nhl player than sidney crosby?

I honestly don't remember the last time I heard cherry say anything useful. What a dumb ass... as much as I might dislike Pens, Malkin has been their best player a little over a year now, regardless of how much everyone might love cindy... Although Malkin did choke against the wings in the final :rolleyes:

Someone should lock grapes in a room and make him watch the weight hit on sutter over and over

I have a friend that works at CBC and has worked on HNIC a few times last year and the funniest thing he's ever told me is that sometimes when Don gets "excited", in order to calm him down they play him Bobby Orr highlight packs.

True story.

But how do you guys really feel about Cherry?

Like he's that crazy old uncle who has preposterous stories that are laced with truth and bulls***. You love the stories but wouldn't dream of following his stock market tips, cuz you see him for what he is...crazy.

Malkin is underrated, I honestly think the most underrated in the league... Even considering everybody who knows hockey knows he's good, but people just don't acknowledge how great he is. People put Ovechkin and Crosby ahead of him, while at this point, there's no reason to not say he's right up there with them, but then people rate Iginla, Heatley, Thornton, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg ahead of him... and there's no way that is the case. Malkin is such a blissful player, he's really slick, and he has moves like Mario Lemieux and skates like a mid 90's Sergei Fedorov, he's amazing.

Malkin is underrated, I honestly think the most underrated in the league... Even considering everybody who knows hockey knows he's good, but people just don't acknowledge how great he is. People put Ovechkin and Crosby ahead of him, while at this point, there's no reason to not say he's right up there with them, but then people rate Iginla, Heatley, Thornton, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg ahead of him... and there's no way that is the case. Malkin is such a blissful player, he's really slick, and he has moves like Mario Lemieux and skates like a mid 90's Sergei Fedorov, he's amazing.

then he'll make moves like last night and blatently cause his team 2 goals, which is what seperates him from the truly great players in the NHL

Anyone who gets "tired" in the playoffs and pulls a disappearing act doesn't get elevated to Lemieux or Fedorov status in my book. When he shows he can perform when it counts and when his team needs him most I'll start to consider him "great".