• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/12 GDT: Dallas Stars 5, Red Wings 4 (OT)

Rate this topic

I'm tainted? Sorry sometimes it is hard to understand who you are referring to as the joke.

Get off my ass already.

Dude, chill out. I'm not on your ass nor would I want to be. I said you're so tainted because there's so much goalie bashing around here that people immediately think a vague statement is an automatic insult. Grab a beer and settle down for a bit.

Should that OT goal have counted? It's my understanding that if the puck is kicked out of the goaltender's possession, the play should be blown dead.

That's how Dallas rolls. They're into that whole illegal OT goal thing.

Dude, chill out. I'm not on your ass nor would I want to be. I said you're so tainted because there's so much goalie bashing around here that people immediately think a vague statement is an automatic insult. Grab a beer and settle down for a bit.

I'm not old enough for a beer.

That makes it worse.

Wings got what they deserved tonight.

Stuart-Kronwall pairing and the 4th line were tough to watch. Ouch.

That fourth line is absolutely useless. All they do is run around not hitting people.

It sucks that Ozzie took the loss tonight, but at least it looks like he's getting his game back.

Should that OT goal have counted? It's my understanding that if the puck is kicked out of the goaltender's possession, the play should be blown dead.

I was kind of waiting for them to review that. Considering how half the time the puck isn't even in the goaltenders possession when a ref blows the whistle, that definitely should've been the case here. Ozzie had the puck long enough to get the call in this NHL. Not to mention he was basically bumrushed and it was carried into the net off of someones skate.

First period it looked like the Wings were sizing the Stars up. They fell behind a step in the second. Lethargic play by the wings in the third. Not surprised they lost this one. Let this one go and take it out on the Ducks.

That was the worst defensive game I've ever seen the Wings play. 50 shots on goal, with a bunch of idiots standing around watching the puck. All the players were spectators tonight. So much for the defense getting better.

No, we just got outplayed. We didn't have the defensive breakdowns we had earlier this year, and our offense didn't feel like showing up (Dats excluded). Did you watch the first three months?

Hmm.

D. Cleary 17:21 0 0 0 3 0 P. Datsyuk 19:20 1 2 +3 2 0 K. Draper 10:01 0 0 -2 0 2 V. Filppula 15:37 0 0 -1 0 0 J. Franzen 19:22 0 1 +1 1 0 T. Holmstrom 14:33 1 1 +3 2 0 M. Hossa 16:31 1 0 -2 5 2 J. Hudler 12:42 0 0 0 1 2 T. Kopecky 06:11 0 0 -1 1 0 N. Kronwall 23:07 0 0 -2 3 0 B. Lebda 12:27 0 1 -1 0 2 N. Lidstrom 27:13 0 1 +2 3 0 A. Lilja 15:47 0 0 -2 0 0 K. Maltby 06:15 0 0 -2 0 0 B. Rafalski 18:30 1 0 +2 1 0 M. Samuelsson 15:17 0 0 0 3 0 B. Stuart 23:26 0 1 -1 2 0 H. Zetterberg 20:39 0 0 -1 3 0

Guest mindfly

Hankrules40, you're a female arent you?

Amazing how Kronwall can go from a 0+3 +4 night to pure s***... how is that even possible?

Osgood looked amazing this game but he does this over-commiting s*** ALL THE TIME. This time it hurt us, and it hurt us big.

Yeah. I'm sure we'll look back at the end of the season and say, "Damn, missing that one point hurt us, and it hurt us big."

:rolleyes:

It's one game guys -- easily one of the worst defensive efforts of the season and we came away with a point.

Well guys let's relax first. We know the Wings played like a s*** since the 2nd period that let the Stars to come back to tie the game. And the Stars deserved a win absolutely.

Except for Dats, Ozzie, Hank, Lids, and Raffy, other our players played horrible. Horrible games for Stuart and Kronwall. Somebody in this forum just said it is not only Stuart who makes the mistakes. But the OT goal, 2nd goal were all about Stuart. He just did not clear the puck well and played like a s*** during the whole game. No different than Kronwall. He has to play better than this.

The problem is that our defenses played poorly. We let the Stars produce too many shots on Ozzie. But Ozzie made some sensational plays that keep us from the deadly 2nd and 3rd period. It is good to see Ozzie made some miraculous saves and get back into his game more than the beginning of the season.

We just lost to the Stars for everything. We did not have any motivation since the 2nd period, poor defenses, no effort.

It is not really a great start on this road trip but we will be fine I think. I know all people here with me are frustrating but everything cannot go on your way everyday.

well that game was ******* embarrassing. i'm not going to get too mad, because the wings have been playing well lately, but that was one of the worst efforts i've ever ******* seen. stars deserved this one all the way. wings shouldn't have gotten a point. embarrassing. :ranting:

hey, at least this time they only acted like they won the Cup. Actually, they acted like it in 1999, too, on an illegal goal, so it just takes practice perhaps.