• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

stevkrause

Red Wings Trade Deadline Predicitions

Rate this topic

no way if I were Holland i would try Flip/1st for Chris Stewart from Colorado. There is no way in hell they would do that though, he is going to be sick. Imagine Chris Neil with real talent.........

You have to remember during the season Kenny rarely will trade roster players, it will either involve picks or prospects. But this team would love Stewart, N.A. and black for more Detroiters to relate to. Fights, scores, has it all.

sorry for bumping myself, but I just wanted to say I don't dislike Flip, I actually think he is good and will be very successful given a larger role eventually, but for someone like Stewart I'm willing to give up anyone except the top players; I would rather give them Franzen TBH.

I really don't think our roster is going to change all that much. I think we're pretty much going to see the same team we see now. Why would we?

Because the entire roster bar Hudler, Lilja and Hossa have been playing like they need a kick up the backside.

Id love to see Chris Neil in a wings jersey mind. Along with Nolan and Horton...ahh Im dreaming :rolleyes:

Edited by uk_redwing

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

If you ask Mr. Sandman, he thinks Holland would most likely trade Hudler at the trade deadline, despite keeping him for the cup run, and then losing him for a 1st a 2nd and a third, which is more than his trade market value lulz.l

Just for fun....

DET: Filppula, Kronwall, Osgood IN EXCHANGE FOR ATL: Boulton, Havelid, Lehtonen

...and yes i do think this is relatively fair with maybe a pick thrown in here or there.

Makes a lot of sense financially for both teams as well. Not that it would ever happen :P

Because the entire roster bar Hudler, Lilja and Hossa have been playing like they need a kick up the backside.

Id love to see Chris Neil in a wings jersey mind. Along with Nolan and Horton...ahh Im dreaming :rolleyes:

I don't think they've been playing that way at all. Yeesh, you're awfully harsh. We're still a top contender. I see no reason to start trading people away willy-nilly. (I really just wanted to say willy-nilly).

all these wholesale trade ideas are insane, this isn't NHL 09 - if you change more than 1 or 2 EVERYDAY roster players, you mess up chemistry, locker-room morale and some players never click... there is NO way that more than one everyday roster player would be moved, anything else would be prospects or picks - keep in mind, this team WON THE STANLEY CUP LAST YEAR... we're also only a pt out of first this year! If it isn't broke, don't fix it... tweak it, MAYBE... a wholesale change is NOT a tweak...

Next, unless a team offers a King's ransom, there is NO way Kronwall is delt. Period.

Also, all the people purposing the Boumeester/Horton deal? What are you on?!?!? That deal makes NO sense... we would lose Boumeester in the offseason as an UFA (no way in HELL we could afford to re-sign him) and how the hell are we going to support a 4 mil cap hit for Horton through 2013?!?!?

Ok, so you take the money freed up with Fil and Kronners... guess what, now you have a hole in your 2nd D-pairing and you're gonna tell me that you're gonna spend 4 mil a year on a 3rd liner in Horton?!?! There's no room in the top 2 for him...

Sorry, but this idea is horrible, you give up a dynamic 2 way forward who will end up a 1st or 2nd line center there and give them a 1st pairing d-man and you end up with ONLY a VERY expensive 3rd line winger in return for next year after Boumesster bolts for $$... oh yea, and you jack the chemistry for this year...

HORRIBLE.

Edited by stevkrause

It's bad timing for Bouwmeester to be a free agent -- if only it was next year!

Holland does not have to move a single roster player, unless he is going for someone with the salary of Khabibulin.

He can afford to pick up almost $4m in salary at the trade deadline if he wants to.

Anyone notice him not bringing up a goalie from GR even when Osgood was injured? Playing Meech as forward instead of bringing someone up? He has been hording cap space and his penny pinching has paid off.

Don't trade a roster player -- I like having the depth for the playoffs.

Guest Hatethedrake!
Predictions:

- 7,467 individual posts including the phrase, or some variation, "Make it happen Kenny."

- 3 complete and total nuclear meltdowns by people angry Kenny did not make it happen.

- 5 Filppula arguments.

- 8 Osgood arguments.

- 254 LGWers who want Kenny to trade for a goalie.

- 254 LGWers who think that's silly.

- Zero goalie trades.

- 27 serious "Lilja and a pick for Crosby" suggestions.

- 2,700 "Sucky player X for a bag of pucks" suggestions (evenly divided between Sammy, Lilja, and, annoyingly, Flip.)

- 1 suspension and/or bannination.

- 1 very minor actual trade.

Only 8 Osgood arguments? Per week you mean? If the Wings are healthy then I do not see Holland doing anything. MAYBE he makes a Jamie Macoun type move and gives us some more depth on defense. We have the players to win another Cup. The players we have just need to play better. If the Wings are this good half assing it all season just think how awesome they can be when they FINALLY and HOPEFULLY start playing like they should be. I think Osgood is going to bounce back in a huge way. He is too mentally tough not to. I do not think he is washed up. He just needs to find his game again and once he does he will be fine. I am more worried about the Wings defensive game to be honest. They really need to cut down the goals against. Easier said than done but this team has proven it can do it when it counts. I will enjoy Deadline Day as usual but will be watching other teams make desperation and panic moves. The Wings will not be one of them. Their is simply no need to. We will go with what we have and win another Cup.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

Predictions:

1. Filppulla + Lebda + 3rd Round Pick For Kaberle

2. Kopecky + 2nd Round Pick For Chris Neil

BOLD Predictions:

1. Filppulla + Kopecky + Lebda for Bouwmeester

2. Emerton + Kopecky for BJ Crombeen

3. Emerton + 3rd Rounder for Owen Nolan

4. Kopecky + Lebda for Callahan

5. Kopecky + 3rd Rounder for Tkatchuk

Edited by Yak19

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
Predictions:

Words cannot describe how happy I'd be if that happened. Which it won't but kudos for reaming big

BOLD Predictions:

won't happen ever. Its bascially the same as Filp and Bouwmestier straight up

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
Predictions:

Words cannot describe how happy I'd be if that happened. Which it won't but kudos for reaming big

BOLD Predictions:

won't happen ever. Its bascially the same as Filp and Bouwmestier straight up

Predictions:

- 7,467 individual posts including the phrase, or some variation, "Make it happen Kenny."

- 3 complete and total nuclear meltdowns by people angry Kenny did not make it happen.

- 5 Filppula arguments.

- 8 Osgood arguments.

- 254 LGWers who want Kenny to trade for a goalie.

- 254 LGWers who think that's silly.

- Zero goalie trades.

- 27 serious "Lilja and a pick for Crosby" suggestions.

- 2,700 "Sucky player X for a bag of pucks" suggestions (evenly divided between Sammy, Lilja, and, annoyingly, Flip.)

- 1 suspension and/or bannination.

- 1 very minor actual trade.

you forgot the Fedorov trades and the umpteen dozen responses stating this is not "NHL 09" (or insert your favorite NHL video game.)

responding to someone who said Franzen was looking for $4M? Bye Bye! He can be dealt at the deadline for sure! What would Frazen and Filppula bring us? Besides opening up Cap space next year for Hossa and Hudler, what kind of rental player could we get for Franzen and Filppula, seriously?

This is the rumored word for the wings on HOCKEYBUZZ,,, I know take it for what it's worth - make Room for Hossa & Franzen ???

"The Red Wings have come out and essentially said that they may indeed be forced to be sellers and the word is that they are discussing possibly moving Mikael Samuelsson to either Boston or Ottawa...The Hawks would love him, but that will not happen. The Red Wings are looking to take no money back of course in the deal. Just picks and prospects."

Guest mindfly

The only possibility to see Kaberle in a winged wheel is if he really really wanted to go here, but Leafs are still his no.1 team so i can't see it happening

This is the rumored word for the wings on HOCKEYBUZZ,,, I know take it for what it's worth - make Room for Hossa & Franzen ???

"The Red Wings have come out and essentially said that they may indeed be forced to be sellers and the word is that they are discussing possibly moving Mikael Samuelsson to either Boston or Ottawa...The Hawks would love him, but that will not happen. The Red Wings are looking to take no money back of course in the deal. Just picks and prospects."

I can see trading him for a pick or two if they don't plan on re-signing him this off season but it still won't clear up any needed cap space for him next year as he isn't under contract.

why is everyone ignoring the obvious? the Wings will take a defensive defender. Kenny knows the D depth may be an issue, especially if Stuart is not 100%.

Because obvious isn't fun. It's much more entertaining to say Filppula for CuJo?

all these wholesale trade ideas are insane, this isn't NHL 09 - if you change more than 1 or 2 EVERYDAY roster players, you mess up chemistry, locker-room morale and some players never click... there is NO way that more than one everyday roster player would be moved, anything else would be prospects or picks - keep in mind, this team WON THE STANLEY CUP LAST YEAR... we're also only a pt out of first this year! If it isn't broke, don't fix it... tweak it, MAYBE... a wholesale change is NOT a tweak...

Next, unless a team offers a King's ransom, there is NO way Kronwall is delt. Period.

Also, all the people purposing the Boumeester/Horton deal? What are you on?!?!? That deal makes NO sense... we would lose Boumeester in the offseason as an UFA (no way in HELL we could afford to re-sign him) and how the hell are we going to support a 4 mil cap hit for Horton through 2013?!?!?

Ok, so you take the money freed up with Fil and Kronners... guess what, now you have a hole in your 2nd D-pairing and you're gonna tell me that you're gonna spend 4 mil a year on a 3rd liner in Horton?!?! There's no room in the top 2 for him...

Sorry, but this idea is horrible, you give up a dynamic 2 way forward who will end up a 1st or 2nd line center there and give them a 1st pairing d-man and you end up with ONLY a VERY expensive 3rd line winger in return for next year after Boumesster bolts for $... oh yea, and you jack the chemistry for this year...

HORRIBLE.

If you are referring to the Filppula/Kronwall for Horton/Bouwmeester deal, you are way off. Horton is a MUCH better forward than Filppula and is the same age. Flip is better defensively, but Horton is capable defensively. Bouwmeester is better than Kronwall at both ends.

If that trade were made, and the Wings go with a Lidstrom/Rafalski/Stuart/Ericsson/Lilja/Meech/Lebda defense unit for next season, then the Wings have cleared up $1.1m in cap space and improved their forward corps. Now, how does swapping out Kronwall for Ericsson change the defense, and is the $1.1m enough extra space to retain all of Hossa/Hudler/Franzen? Even if it's not, it means allowing Franzen to walk as a UFA and replace him with Leino is much easier, and then the team is much younger as well while still having a power forward in Horton.

My prediction is actually based on sth ekland said that actually made sense (for once) he said Sammy for prospects and or picks, and i think this could actually happen, itll free up cap space to keep helm/leino/ericsson up for the playoffs without losing too much, and having more room for the offseason and not lose him for nothing, which is what will happen this offseason anyway.

Edited by Shaman464