• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wingaling

"OVIE" or "DATS":Best overall player...you pick

Rate this topic

Right now? For me, it's unequivocally Datsyuk.

Best overall player. Right now.

The bolded parts are important. I do not regard him to be the most valuable asset right now, nor the player with the most potential.(though I still put him in top 5/10 for that). Simply the most complete and overall best player.

Now, if we're talking longterm value, etc, give me Ovy.

Edited by Datsyerberger

Guest micah
hey micah, yeah this guy hits like a girl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmQ2SZYjs5Y

&

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao152EVQEiI

wow kids got skillz too! Dude, Ovechkin is a great offensive talent, but your arguments about Datsyuk are pointless since everythig you are said has been refuted. Still haven't commented on the sissy shield comparison.

again: micah = senseless

Pavel does, foir the most part, hit like a girl. The guy has been in the league for what, 6 years? Nice work finding some footage from his handful of decent hits. Refuted, totally.

What about his sissy shield, exactly? Ovy's came off last time he was in a scrap, he didn't hide behind it. Gloves off, shield either removed before the scrap or worn lose enough that an opponent can easily remove it.

I don't think I'm senseless. I'm totally senceful. I bet I make more money than you, and I bet I'm hotter than you, and I bet I don't live in Detroit as much as you. I'm better than you. :)

Dats is a better overall player.

Ovie hits hard but aside from that doesnt play good defense.

Dats has better puck handling and passing too.

Ovie is the best goal scorer in the world, skates very fast, hits hard, and inspires.

Dats inspires too but in a different way.

IMAGINE them and Malkin lining up together next Feb in the Olympics. Yikes!

Ovechkin

Datsyuk

Malkin

Zetts

Thorton

Getzlaf

Mike Green(washington D)

I would take anyone of this guys over Crosby, he is a hack and a cry baby

Good to know you don't run any teams. I can see the point of most the players of your list, but Mike Green? Really? No seriously. Mike Green over Sidney Crosby? Honestly? I hope I'm not getting trolled here, but I'm laughing to hard to do anything more productive then sit here in my seat pondering the hockey intelligence that someone would honestly have an opinion that they would rather have "Mike Green". over Sidney Crosby. Thanks for the laugh.

Pavel does, foir the most part, hit like a girl. The guy has been in the league for what, 6 years? Nice work finding some footage from his handful of decent hits. Refuted, totally.

What about his sissy shield, exactly? Ovy's came off last time he was in a scrap, he didn't hide behind it. Gloves off, shield either removed before the scrap or worn lose enough that an opponent can easily remove it.

I don't think I'm senseless. I'm totally senceful. I bet I make more money than you, and I bet I'm hotter than you, and I bet I don't live in Detroit as much as you. I'm better than you. :)

If you have to announce it, that means you're not. Sorry dear.

Yeah, this season it's close, I said that. But Crosby isn't healthy and has terrible linemates....and he still has more points than Datsyuk.

Crosby isn't healthy, whaaaa! Every player is banged up so no dice on that one. And we're talking all around so more points doesn't cut it when Dats is soooooo much better defensively.

Crosby isn't healthy, whaaaa! Every player is banged up so no dice on that one. And we're talking all around so more points doesn't cut it when Dats is soooooo much better defensively.

Which other elite scorer will challenge for the Selke other than Datsyuk?

Crosby is much better offensively than Datsyuk, he just isn't putting up as many points this year because he's not 100% healthy and he's got absolute crap for linemates.

Datsyuk is better than Crosby without the puck, but I don't feel that the gap is enough that it makes up for the offensive side of things. Plus, Crosby has a better physical package.

I just don't see anything in Crosby's game that he doesn't do well. He's the best. Period.

Are you sying Crosby has a bigger wankis? :lol:

Ovechkin

Datsyuk

Malkin

Zetts

Thorton

Getzlaf

Mike Green(washington D)

I would take anyone of this guys over Crosby, he is a hack and a cry baby

Better players than Crosby, in no order:

Lidstrom

Zetterberg

Datsyuk

Ovechkin

Malkin

Thornton

Chara

Brodeur

We're talking about right now. Otherwise you may aswell have mentioned Gretzky.

You're saying Lidstrom isn't the best player in the world right now? He sure as hell is the best player on the Red Wings, which in and of itself would end this thread if he's not the top player in the world.

You're saying Lidstrom isn't the best player in the world right now? He sure as hell is the best player on the Red Wings, which in and of itself would end this thread if he's not the top player in the world.

I strongly disagree. He hasn't been near the best player for Detroit this season. Your the only person I've come across with this opinion currently. I'm sure there's a reason for that.

Iginla is better then Crosby too.

Iginla is overrated. People act like he's some kind of hercules when it comes to the physical side of the game, and rank him among the elite offensive players. He is good but not great physically, he has been outperformed offensively by a considerable number of players this season, and then he is a mediocre defensive player. As far as great offensive players who are also physically intimidating, Iginla has to contend with Getzlaf, Richards, Nash, Heatley, Lecavalier, Doan, and Perry of guys close to him in scoring, not to mention Ovechkin and Thornton of guys I've already mentioned who play a similar style.

Crosby may not be better than Iginla as a hitter...but he's a better player.

I strongly disagree. He hasn't been near the best player for Detroit this season. Your the only person I've come across with this opinion currently. I'm sure there's a reason for that.

Ok, if you were to go back and tell me during each game who was the Wings' most irreplaceable player for that game, who do you think you would get? Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Hossa, Zetterberg, Hudler, Franzen? Who?

I say Lidstrom, and I know I am not the only person on this board who feels that he is the most irreplaceable Red Wing.

Ok, if you were to go back and tell me during each game who was the Wings' most irreplaceable player for that game, who do you think you would get? Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Hossa, Zetterberg, Hudler, Franzen? Who?

I say Lidstrom, and I know I am not the only person on this board who feels that he is the most irreplaceable Red Wing.

Ahhh, I've seen this one before. Another euz classic. When wrong, change the argument to try and be more right.

No-one mentioned irreplaceable. Completely different to 'Best overall player' which is what we're discussing. Look, Lids is my favourite player but he hasn't been close to Datsyuk this season. I agreed last year he was the best but I don't see how it's even debateable right now.

My order (leaving goaltenders out, it's hard to sort them among skaters)

Lidstrom/Datsyuk

Datsyuk/Lidstrom

Ovenchicken

Zetterberg

Malkin

Chara

Big Joe

Crosby

After that point, it gets tougher for me. I feel that defensemen tend to get neglected too much in top 10 selections, though, and its likely my #9 and #10 would both be d-men.

Datsyuk and Lidstrom are debatable on my list, but Lidstrom is still unquestionably top of the pack in d-men, from the play I've seen (pretty well supported statistically, too).

Edit: This is how I would sort them by VALUE rather than CURRENT SKILL. (Some of these players wouldn't actually make my top 10 in value, but Im just comparing those 8 on put on my skill list, now).

Ovy

Malkin

Crosby

Datsyuk (Pasha gets the bonus over Z here because of Z's injury-proneness)

Zetterberg (On the other hand, Z's leadership about evens it out)

Chara

Big Joe

Lidstrom (good as he is, he's by far older than the rest here)

Edited by Datsyerberger

he has been outperformed offensively by a considerable number of players this season.

Well, statistically, considerable = eight at this juncture. And by a not significant margin to boot.

People act like he's some kind of hercules when it comes to the physical side of the game, and rank him among the elite offensive players.

I think finishing as the league's leading scorer once and goal scorer twice, and last year's third place scoring finish might have something to do with it.