• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingsin09

Bill Clement at it again

Rate this topic

So after watching the trade deadline coverage all day, which was not exactly riveting, Bill f***-Nut Clemet says Detroit is "nowhere near the Western Conference favorite." He goes on to say That the goal tending situation with Osgood is the reason Detroit will not repeat. Also saying that Osgood "has been less than awful."

Now I am not saying that he is totally wrong about Osgood, but i am really tired of this bag of assholes always talking s*** about Detroit. On the brighter side, when asked what he predicted last year about the Wings (which of course was that Detroit wasn't going to go anywhere) all he could do was stutter a little, and say "Last year was totally different", and "the two couldn't be compared"

Maybe it's a good thing he is giving the Wings no chance to win, because we all know Clement blows donkey balls when it comes to predicting a cup winner. But the bottom line is that he is a Wings basher and frankly I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

Just my $.02

Guest Shoreline

Years ago he sounded like an Avs homer, despite doing national telecasts for ESPN. f*** the ******.

Clement, Clement, hands of cement

We'll just use that as fuel to the fire come playoff time. He's prob on SJ's nuts

Nawww, sounds like he is putting his knee pads back on for the Flames

Guest Shoreline
f*** him.. "the goal counts!! the goal counts!! the goal counts!!"

Are you talking about Gary Thorne in the Roy missed statue of liberty play?

Who cares? I wouldn't get all up in arms about it, it's no different than what many of the posters on here have been saying most of the year ... we can't win with Ozzie, trade Ozzie, out in the first round, etc etc. He also acknowledged that the rest of our roster is the best in the conference, but looking at how they've played so far Kipper and Nabby give Calgary and SJ the advantage in goaltending, and Clement thinks that makes a big difference. The weird-looking dude sitting next to him felt differently. They can't all pick us to win.

Guest Shoreline
Yeah, but him and Clement were partners IIRC. Despite whatever he says about the Wings, that goal still counts :P

Indeed. Clement was probably fapping to the Avs taking Game 6 and the series.

Clement, Clement, hands of cement

We'll just use that as fuel to the fire come playoff time. He's prob on SJ's nuts

That is exactly what I think of whenever I hear his name. I had a love/hate relationship with those Hockey Falls commercials.

Who cares? I wouldn't get all up in arms about it, it's no different than what many of the posters on here have been saying most of the year ... we can't win with Ozzie, trade Ozzie, out in the first round, etc etc. He also acknowledged that the rest of our roster is the best in the conference, but looking at how they've played so far Kipper and Nabby give Calgary and SJ the advantage in goaltending, and Clement thinks that makes a big difference. The weird-looking dude sitting next to him felt differently. They can't all pick us to win.

True, but its the way he just scoffed at the idea that Detroit might just be a favorite again. He basically thought the other guys were out of their minds for picking Detroit

So after watching the trade deadline coverage all day, which was not exactly riveting, Bill f***-Nut Clemet says Detroit is "nowhere near the Western Conference favorite." He goes on to say That the goal tending situation with Osgood is the reason Detroit will not repeat. Also saying that Osgood "has been less than awful."

Now I am not saying that he is totally wrong about Osgood, but i am really tired of this bag of assholes always talking s*** about Detroit. On the brighter side, when asked what he predicted last year about the Wings (which of course was that Detroit wasn't going to go anywhere) all he could do was stutter a little, and say "Last year was totally different", and "the two couldn't be compared"

Maybe it's a good thing he is giving the Wings no chance to win, because we all know Clement blows donkey balls when it comes to predicting a cup winner. But the bottom line is that he is a Wings basher and frankly I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

Just my $.02

And yet people still look back at the Thorne/Clement/Davidson ESPN days a with reverence. Versus may be bad but according to my calculations VS>ESPN.

Well, he's right...

Wings goaltending situation has not been as impressive as last year, and the Sharks are the common Favourite to win the West. All we have to do, is prove them wrong. I like going in unnoticed, kinda holds off the pressure, which is already huge with the whole "defending cup champs" thing.

These announcer assholes all have to keep up the blab so they throw out all manner of verbal s*** just to reduce dead air AND get people to watch the games

If you talk to the people that count in the hockey Biz they know the Wings are a prohibitive favourite to repeat

Just ask the Vegas bookies!!

Do we really even want first overall?? Let all these talking heads keep yapping about Joe Thornton and San Jose and watch them crash and burn

Calgary is gearing up big time for this years playoff with trades Hope they and Vancouver hook up first round

AND mark my words Ozzie will be there when we need him in spite of this years regular season performance

Most nights the whole team looked like they were on cruise control even when they won

When our guys collectively say "it's go time Seinfeld" they can throttle anybody IMHO

I actually like Bill. Playing all those NHL video games where he commentated over the years as well as watching him on ESPN with Thorne really made him grow on me. Gotta say its pretty sad to see him brush us off like this so easily.

Well, he's right...

Wings goaltending situation has not been as impressive as last year, and the Sharks are the common Favourite to win the West. All we have to do, is prove them wrong. I like going in unnoticed, kinda holds off the pressure, which is already huge with the whole "defending cup champs" thing.

The Sharks have been the favorite to win for like the past 3-4 years and they have done nothing but take a dump in the playoffs.

Good. I hope every announcer and "hockey expert" out there says the Wings don't have a chance and give a million reasons as to why they think that.

I hope every Wing player reads it and motivates them.

Clement has never shown much like towards the Wings, i agree, but if this were someone who praised the Wings every chance we'd all think he was a great guy whether he was correct or not.

It's just an opinion. Just like most of ours that we disagree with him.

Edited by tux