• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/7 GDT: Blue Jackets 8 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

I'm drowning mine in caffeine. I have to get up at 4 am to drive my sister to Raleigh so she can fly to Atlanta for spring break.....but I'm still here.

*sigh*

It's like a car wreck. You know you shouldn't slow down, but somehow you can't look away.

You be careful driving girl. Get back here safe.

*continues to cling to BlueMonk* Sorry. I can't let go yet.

I think it's funny that all the Ozzy bashers (and are fair weather fans) come down hard on Osgood. Yet, last week when Conklin was absolutely pathetic, didn't catch this much heat... Then Conklin comes in tonight and gives up the softest goal of the game, but that's Defense's fault...

Conklin isn't the answer. Our only chance come PO if Osgood. Love it or hate it, Conklin sucks, Osgood sucks, but atleast Ozzie is a proven goalie and proved that he can come up big.

Osgood > Conklin

I don't know maybe it's because Osgood has been consistently bad this year. Just a thought.

It's like a car wreck. You know you shouldn't slow down, but somehow you can't look away.

You be careful driving girl. Get back here safe.

*continues to cling to BlueMonk* Sorry. I can't let go yet.

Thanks, Kristi (that's your name, right?). I've driven to the airport before so I know where I'm going, just haven't driven there at 4 in the morning. Thankfully my night driving is perfect.

The team performed like a busted condom at a keg party tonight... Did not protect, everything went in, and were humiliated.

This is the funniest effing thing I have ever read. Made this loss 15% more bearable!

Come on man. How many horrible games has Conklin had this year? 2-3? How many bad games has Osgood has this year? 20-25? Conklins stats are top-10 in the league. Osgood's stats are the worst in the league. Now please, explain how Osgood > Conklin. That's right. I thought so. No need to respond.

Osgood absolutely did not lose this game tonight. He's played plenty bad this year. This game is not on him. The defense and play of this team was atrocious just like last week. Like the commentators said numerous times, you could really fault Osgood on that 6th goal. The rest, what can you say? The defense was non-existent. Anyone exherting more energy hating on Osgood than on the defense is out of their minds. If anything this should tell you just how awful our D is no matter who is in net. The defense lately is far worse than Osgood's been at his worst all year. How about you start talking about that.

Guest MrSandMan
This has been answered numerous times in this thread, the reason people don't jump on Conklin is:

Great, and my answer to them is:

1. He's a backup. Doesn't have the same high expectations.

That's another reason why Osgood will start in the Playoffs and Conklin won't

2. His numbers are MUCH better this year.

That's in the past. I could also remind you that Osgood dominated last year and led us to the cup. Conklin sucked last Saturday and Ozzie had to finish the game. Osgood responded with a shutout in his very next game. Conklin did not.

3. He's generally played pretty well, Osgood has almost ALWAYS played poorly.

Always? Mmmm.... odd. I thought he played great when Hasek was not. Did you watch Hockey last year? Just curious.

This made me feel better....I'm somewhat buzzed so no guarantees this will do anything for you.

DUDE...I can barely type....I laughed so hard I'm crying and I think I peed a little...WOW...that made the night a TON better...THANK YOU.

Thanks, Kristi (that's your name, right?). I've driven to the airport before so I know where I'm going, just haven't driven there at 4 in the morning. Thankfully my night driving is perfect.

And you even spelled it right! :D

My night driving isn't the greatest. When I had eye surgery a few years ago, dr said I might see halo's around bright lights. And of course, I do.

*gently lets go of BlueMonk* I think I'm ok now. Thanks buddy.

What'd he say?? I tried to change the channel, but I can't figure our where I threw the remote...

He showed the Detroit and Carolina games...goals from Nash and I think Staal, saying team Canada shouldn't be worried about a thing

I hope Babcock stops juggling the lines so damn much.. give the players a chance to create some chemistry with eachother, and don't split up the two players who have proved time and time again that they have among the best chemistry in the league.

Stop playing Sammy on the PP, he's terrible on the point. Give Ericsson a chance why don't you?

That said, no one got up to their normal level tonight. Even Z and Pav looked bad, apart from the one nice goal. Actually they have both looked a bit off last couple of games. I would have wanted them to start to really get going with the playoffs on the way, but I'm not seeing it yet.

Mason is a beast.. I would say part of his success is due to CBJ's great defense, but he came up with some amazing saves all throughout the game. I've said it before, a playoff series against him would not be much fun.

Btw, I really, really miss Hossa, Homer, Lilja, Leino and Helm.

What were your expectations?

He had 13 goals, 55 points (tied his previous career high) and was a +27. Yes, it's more than just getting points, but he did what he is good at. Skating, passing, and playing the point on the Power Play, which he excelled at. I would only start worrying about Rafalski if he stopped producing points, because that's his main job.

How true, you know what you re getting with rafalski. He's never been a shutdown D-man and you hope his offensive production outweighs his defensive short-comings. Kronwall and Stuarrt, however have no excuses for the s*** they have been pawning as defense.

That's in the past. I could also remind you that Osgood dominated last year and led us to the cup. Conklin sucked last Saturday and Ozzie had to finish the game. Osgood responded with a shutout in his very next game. Conklin did not.

Always? Mmmm.... odd. I thought he played great when Hasek was not. Did you watch Hockey last year? Just curious.

You are an absolute, and incrediblly ignorant person when it comes to hockey, and the Red Wings in particular.

Do you realize your "let's just hope Osgood will morph into a good goalie in the playoffs" mentality is the equivalent to something a third grader would use.

I am sorry but after tonight, and reading your obnoxious and offending (yes, that's how stupid they are) arguments I had to say something.

Lastly you should be careful who you ask "did you watch hockey last year" when you have either a) watched the Red Wings (not hockey in general, JUST the Red Wings) for 2-3 years or b) Don't watch much hockey (RW included) what so ever.

Edited by sureWhyNot

DUDE...I can barely type....I laughed so hard I'm crying and I think I peed a little...WOW...that made the night a TON better...THANK YOU.

I know! That was hysterical. I love how after some got hit by the rollercoaster, they got up like nothing happened.

Guest MrSandMan

Maybe some of the FWF (fair weather fans) ozzy bashers should stop posting and take a step back to re-evaluate the game.

Osgood didn't lose us this game. The TEAM lost us this game. Luongo wouldn't have saved the first 3 goals. To think Ozzy should stop them shows lack of hockey knowledge. After the TEAM didn't show up, why should Ozzie give a s*** about the game too? He said screw, who gives a f***! The Red Wings didn't score 3 goals to make up for the TEAMS f***ups! Plain and simple.

So you refute my point by saying Conklin's stats are in the past and then use last year to say that Osgood is the way to go?? My point is Osgood clearly does NOT have it this year and we'd be better off going with Conklin besides the obvious risks (lack of playoff experience).