917 replies to this topic

#621 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (MTU_Huskies963 @ March 12, 2009 - 08:56PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I highly doubt Babcock told his team to stop shooting and lay off the flames. That would be just as bad as Coach Bombay telling the ducks to dive.

He probably told them to sit back and don't try to force anything and don't leave yourself open to getting beat. Dump and chase and be responsible defensively. And that seems to have came back to bite them in the bum. Looking at all those goals in the third there wasn't a single time where all five Wings weren't in the defensive zone. Bad game plan.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#622 Ms_Hockey

Ms_Hockey

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

QUOTE (EuroTwin @ March 12, 2009 - 09:58PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
God I hate the shootout.

Me too. I always get so nervous watching.. I want to hide my face and listen for cheers or silence.
QUOTE (Datsyerberger @ January 19, 2009 - 01:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A new Lemieux-McCarty fight, as seen by internet forum posters.

Lemieux cheapshots a player with his walker, drawing the ire of D-Mac, who hobbles over. They draw their canes, salute, and cross them, then proceed to repeatedly whack eachother over the heads while hanging onto the bench with their other hands for balance. D-Mac then hits Lemieux's hip, which gives out, Lemieux feebly falls to the ground, crumpling as D-Mac continues to land barely noticeable Yoda-esque cane strikes. Lemieux's age begins catching up to him, crying "what a world, what a world..!" as he melts into a puddle of goo.

#623 EuroTwin

EuroTwin

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,707 posts

Pav, Hank and Huddles?
Hudler!!

"If you didn't know him, and saw him without hockey gear, you'd never suspect Datsyuk to be a world-class athlete. He walks a bit hunched over. His gait is somewhat crab-like, almost like he's still skating, even on dry land.

But put him on skates and he's Houdini on ice. He is not the fastest skater by a long shot, but there can't be too many who are stronger or more flexible. Checking him has to feel like checking Gumby. You might get a piece of him, but he bounces away, moving faster thanks to the leverage he gained from your check."

From The Detroit News

#624 redwing_sparty

redwing_sparty

MICHIGAN STATE 08-09 BIG TEN BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS!!!

• PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:00 PM

dats has so much pent up dangle in him he;s gonna deke kipper out of his jock strap

#625 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

QUOTE (Electrophile @ March 12, 2009 - 08:59PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright, Pavs......Hank......and whomever. Score. Do yo' thang.

Hopefully Hudler so when he scores I can blare put yo hood up
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#626 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Go Dats Go Dats Go!

SCORE!

#627 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,043 posts

WOOO

#NOMOREKINDL

#628 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

He made that look so freakin easy!!!

#629 EuroTwin

EuroTwin

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,707 posts

Come on Pavel!!

EASY GOAL FOR PAV!!
Hudler!!

"If you didn't know him, and saw him without hockey gear, you'd never suspect Datsyuk to be a world-class athlete. He walks a bit hunched over. His gait is somewhat crab-like, almost like he's still skating, even on dry land.

But put him on skates and he's Houdini on ice. He is not the fastest skater by a long shot, but there can't be too many who are stronger or more flexible. Checking him has to feel like checking Gumby. You might get a piece of him, but he bounces away, moving faster thanks to the leverage he gained from your check."

From The Detroit News

#630 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

holy God Pasha....
Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#631 agent37x

agent37x

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 72 posts

DATS!!!

#632 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Dats!

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#633 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

Easy score by Cam.. ouch.

#634 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Damn.

#635 EuroTwin

EuroTwin

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,707 posts

Damn...
Hudler!!

From The Detroit News

#636 Namingway

Namingway

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

COME ON BOYS!!!

#637 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,043 posts

Not a fan of the shootout when we're in them.

#NOMOREKINDL

#638 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

DAMN CONKLIN

#639 Ms_Hockey

Ms_Hockey

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

QUOTE (Konnan511 @ March 12, 2009 - 10:00PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hopefully Hudler so when he scores I can blare put yo hood up

I always thought they should play the chorus to "I'm so hood". tongue.gif
QUOTE (Datsyerberger @ January 19, 2009 - 01:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A new Lemieux-McCarty fight, as seen by internet forum posters.

Lemieux cheapshots a player with his walker, drawing the ire of D-Mac, who hobbles over. They draw their canes, salute, and cross them, then proceed to repeatedly whack eachother over the heads while hanging onto the bench with their other hands for balance. D-Mac then hits Lemieux's hip, which gives out, Lemieux feebly falls to the ground, crumpling as D-Mac continues to land barely noticeable Yoda-esque cane strikes. Lemieux's age begins catching up to him, crying "what a world, what a world..!" as he melts into a puddle of goo.

#640 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Damn again.