• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwingslady87

Ladies alternative to playoff beard

Rate this topic

Let's see a Broken 16 response to Broken:

Works perfect.

Observe my responses in this thread. It's called staying on topic and ignoring trolls. Nice try on the sarcasm. Too bad you fail.

Going back into 'Shoreline ignore mode'...

I'd like to see a little more sacrifice from the women. And don't even start with the "We have to live with our men having stinky beards" angle... not buying it for a second. :P

Edited by Broken 16

Guest Shoreline
Observe my responses in this thread. It's called staying on topic and ignoring trolls. Nice try on the sarcasm. Too bad you fail.

Thanks for staying on topic. Oh wait.. what is it I'm replying to again?

Going back into 'Shoreline ignore mode'...

Good idea, for your part.

I'd like to see a little more sacrifice from the women. And don't even start with the "We have to live with our men having stinky beards angle"... not buying it for a second. :P

Beards are great places to store car keys and cell phones that somehow get lost all the time. :lol:

Tell ya what, I'll do it even if no one else does and make sure to keep the pictures updated. Heck, I don't have a career or a boss to keep happy anyway. :P

I'm gonna cheat a little. I already have some growth starting today. Not sure how fast mine will grow, I've never let it get past the goatee or the occasional fu-manchu stage (that was only for playoffs in the beer leagues). I'll post pix when I get a chance in the beard thread.

Thanks for staying on topic. Oh wait.. what is it I'm replying to again?

The key to replying to trolls is to make your reply WHILE still adding to the topic. It eliminates a lot of garbage posts. Notice how I replied to you and still made a remark regarding the current topic? Tricky eh? Watch...

I like the idea of women not shaving their legs. Only thing is, that would be MORE of a sacrifice than the men are making.*

*- see how that works? The force is strong in you, young padawan. All you need is a little wisdom.

Guest Shoreline
The key to replying to trolls is to make your reply WHILE still adding to the topic. It eliminates a lot of garbage posts. Notice how I replied to you and still made a remark regarding the current topic? Tricky eh? Watch...

I like the idea of women not shaving their legs. Only thing is, that would be MORE of a sacrifice than the men are making.*

*- see how that works? The force is strong in you, young padawan. All you need is a little wisdom.

That's funny, you ignored the on-topic part. Good show. More "wisdom" please.

Edited by Shoreline

Of course we already have the guys in here arguing about this being an equivalent. I think I remember this happening last year and changing the title to "Ladies ALTERNATIVE to the playoff beard" to make them a little happier.

Guest Shoreline
Of course we already have the guys in here arguing about this being an equivalent. I think I remember this happening last year and changing the title to "Ladies ALTERNATIVE to the playoff beard" to make them a little happier.

I'm not much into the "sacrifice" nonsense either. Just be positive and cheer whichever way works.

I'm gonna cheat a little. I already have some growth starting today. Not sure how fast mine will grow, I've never let it get past the goatee or the occasional fu-manchu stage (that was only for playoffs in the beer leagues). I'll post pix when I get a chance in the beard thread.

I'm cheating too. :ph34r:

I already have red bangs. Those will count for the first two wins. After that, one streak per win.

I'm looking forward to the beard. :P

Is this what it's gonna take for women to be considered equal to the men?!? Fine you guys asked for it, I'm shaving my legs tonight, and not shaving them again until playoffs are over, then I'm posting pictures of my hairy legs in your thread.

Is this what it's gonna take for women to be considered equal to the men?!? Fine you guys asked for it, I'm shaving my legs tonight, and not shaving them again until playoffs are over, then I'm posting pictures of my hairy legs in your thread.

:clap:

seriously, most women cant grow a beard. if guys want to complain about "having" to grow one go here. who really cares if its equivalent or not, its what we are doing.

I'm in again this year. and even with the risk of being called hairy, these were mine last year!

n508083127_582872_4650.jpg

So I once again tried to get the word out to places that supported the idea last year so if I hear anything I will let you guys know.

Last year Jim Harper and Magic 105.1 read my article and talked about it on the air so I obviously sent it to them again so if anyone hears about it let me know or if I do I will let you guys know.

Hopefully we can get more people involved this time!

OH and dont forget to join: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.p...6276&ref=ts

I fully intend to not only do the strings on the wrist, but put a red streak in my hair for each win. ^_^

My parents, of course, are not happy - but I assured them I'd get my hair colored when it was over. :lol:

I fully intend to not only do the strings on the wrist, but put a red streak in my hair for each win. ^_^

My parents, of course, are not happy - but I assured them I'd get my hair colored when it was over. :lol:

and a white for a loss??

Heres hoping you look like a candy cane till the end of the playoffs :thumbup: :thumbup:

and a white for a loss??

Heres hoping you look like a candy cane till the end of the playoffs :thumbup: :thumbup:

I could. I could do blonde for a loss. :P

Hopefully I look like a deformed candy cane- with a ton of red and one or two white stripes.

I could. I could do blonde for a loss. :P

Hopefully I look like a deformed candy cane- with a ton of red and one or two white stripes.

Thats some hardcore dedication!

What ever you do though, good luck to you, as I know how much of a pain it is to dye hair

So as long as making bracelets is becoming an annual tradition, and as there are guys who don't get it, can I make my motivational speech an annual event too? At least for this year?

<crickets since I haven't hit "add reply" yet>

I'll take that as a "yes".

(Start humming motivational anthem of your choice- God Save the Queen/My Country Tis of Thee works well.)

Ladies, we are about to embark on the most exciting time of the year. The time when the men we admire all year long put forth the effort to bring home the most sought-after prize in the sporting world. The playoffs are long and hard, but all good things must be earned to be fully enjoyed. The rougher the road, the more satisfaction at the end of the journey. That's why more people brag about climbing Mt. Everest than visiting Livonia, despite the fact that more lovely people live in Livonia than on top of Everest.

And so, as our heros begin their battle, we are with them in spirit. "Why bracelets?" some ask. "What does that have to do with hockey?"

"Well," I ask, "Why a beard?"

As most of us know, the playoff beard dates back to the early 1980's. As the last century was starting its final quarter, those fabled players of yesteryear felt they needed a symbol of unity, of devotion, of a single-minded determination towards a common goal. They were also so nervous about competing that they were running out of those ittybitty pieces of tissue.

And so they grew beards. And other teams grew beards. And the fans who were able grew beards. By the dawn of this century, beards had become a hallowed playoff tradition.

Now a beard, in and of itself, as cool as it is, has no bearing on a hockey game. You can't beard-check someone. You can't stop pucks with it. About the best thing you could possibly do with it is grow it out to cover your mouth so the refs can't read your lips when you disagree with their call.

But the beard has become part of the playoff uniform for players and fans alike. For the fans, it shows commitment to the team. It shows support. It shows unity and loyalty. And, if the ultimate goal is not met, it shows that you have supported the players and that you will do so again, no matter what, because this is your team.

But what to do for those of us who can not grow beards? We asked ourselves this last year, and a few brilliant minds came up with the idea for bracelets.

As beards take time to grow, our collection of bracelets grows over time: each red a glorious victory, each white a testament to our loyalty and belief that they will win the next one. Both require sacrifice: the beards are itchy; the bracelets are hard to put on, and harder to keep on. As beards need careful tending, our bracelets need care that they don't become faded, or in my case, break and scatter beads under the third through fifth pews on the right in church. Ah yes, that is sacrifice, my friends- making a half-dozen tots in their Sunday best crawl about looking for the "F" in Franzen.

But I digress.

So now, ladies (and participating gents) we come to the moment of decision. If you can not grow a beard, do you want to join our hirsute brethern in their noble quest to show dedication, loyalty, and perserverence? Do you want to show the world that you are a fan of the Greatest Sports Dynasty of the Current Age? In the unlikely event that you should meet an actual player, do you want him to know that he and his team mean the world to you, and that they have your undying support?

If the answer to these questions is "YES!", then now is the time. Get your thread ready. The playoffs are upon us, and we are pumped!

Go Wings!

Edited by 55fan