• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwingslady87

Ladies alternative to playoff beard

Rate this topic

Lol. So many guys here with PMS. You ladies may not be able to grow beards, but some of the bitchy guys at LGW should make you feel positively masculine by comparison. Be thankful, I say!

And you know what? You men can WASH your beards and make them all fresh, shiny and clean smelling. Not only were my bracelets faded and ratty after all that time last season but they smelled musty and foul after getting wet everyday in the shower then drying then wet again etc. After awhile I was dousing them in perfume.

Not a complaint ~ just an observation

The main thing is that we do our part and have fun. I love the bracelet tradition and was excited to put the first red one on last night!!

GO BEARDS, GO BRACELETS, GO WINGS!!

Edited by FedorovGurl

I don't really want to get into a debate here, since I think ANY support for the Wings is great.

But did one of the women here equate calling a woman hairy to a man having a small penis?

I think it would be more suited if a guy said you had large genitalia for a woman. If a guy shaves his arms or legs, a lot of woman would go, "oh, you're kind of faggy". So if a guy goes, "wow, you're hairy for a woman," it kind of goes both ways. My personal opinions aside, I don't think it's necessary for anyone to insult anyone else.

Let's all just support the Wings and leave the no-no parts of our bodies out of it :)

I got mine done, but I don't have a pic yet. It's a simple red braid with 4 white crystals for each goal and a charm that says focus. I found even better charms than last year!! :yowza: They say "focus, strength, discipline, passion, imagine, and integrity." Oh and girls I bet I have hairier arms than you, I'm half Italiana, so don't feel bad. ;)

I won't rehash the same argument from the past, and I won't use loaded words like "cute," but seriously can you do your bracelets without challenging the integrity of the playoff beard?

I was so hoping this thread would die, but can you just start a new one, Playoff Bracelets, and just not mention beards. You can put your photos and everything there, and probably deal with a whole lot less hate over it in the process.

Thanks.

Ok class, let's pay attention here. If you don't like what the ladies are doing as an alternative to the Playoff Beard then there's a simple solution. Don't post in the thread. It's as simple as that. First off, it makes you look like a troll. Second, it's against the Forum Rules...

· DO post constructively. If you can't add anything meaningful to a discussion, don't bother.

· DON'T incite flame wars by purposely baiting ("trolling") other members into an online flame war. Members caught doing so will be disciplined appropriately.

For the LGW ladies doing this ALTERNATIVE to the PLAYOFF BEARD, more power to ya. I think it's a great idea. (Yeah, that's right, I compared the two. I hope the beard's fragile "integrity" isn't damaged).

wow, some guys are actually complaining that women are joining in on the fun?? are you serious?? challenging the "integrity of the beard"..really?

wow...just wow

Edited by wmubronco420

I will be taking pictures tonight, after I return from the game. I have my bracelet and I put a brand-spakin'-new bright red (though it looks more pink) streak in my hair. It looks pretty funny now, but hopefully after we start racking up more wins, I'll look semi-normal. :P

· DON'T derail threads. When posting in a topic please keep the conversation focused on what it was intended for. Posts that derail threads will be edited and/or deleted. Members that continually derail threads will have his/her posting privileges suspended.

Just a reminder. Please keep this discussion on topic. I consider this issue to go hand in hand with the Refresher Course on Posting Etiquette that Matt posted earlier today.

Any further posts in this thread that are deemed off topic will be removed, and suspension of posting privileges could be handed down. Remember that Matt's post earlier and the Forum Rules state that discretion is left up to the Moderating staff, so ask yourself if it's on topic BEFORE you post.

I just braided some red emroidery floss.. I like the idea of the beads for goals though! You guys are all fancy with yours. I'll try to post a picture later. I had a friend take one but I'm making a crazy face so I want to take another one myself later :blink:

bracelet2.jpg

The colour is kind of wonky on this one, but you can see (I hope) that there is a CO at the end of the second one. That's Ozzie's reward for getting the shutout. Can you believe that no one has asked me what these are for yet?

bracelet2.jpg

The colour is kind of wonky on this one, but you can see (I hope) that there is a CO at the end of the second one. That's Ozzie's reward for getting the shutout. Can you believe that no one has asked me what these are for yet?

no one asked me at all last year. I dont do the beads, but when my arm was 1/3 bracelets....you think someone would ask!

Guest Shoreline
bracelet2.jpg

You get dibs on my title for a week if you take/post a picture with that necklace saying "Remember Sammy Jankis". ;)

I had all kinds of people asking me about them last year. It was quite cool. It gave me an excuse to go on about the Wings.

Maybe people know not to get me started now...

Last year there was a game where Pasha scored 2 goals, and no one else scored. My bracelet said PDPD. One of my friends looked at it and asked, "Who's Popo?"

EDIT: Shoreline: What the Sam Hill are you talking about?

Edited by 55fan

Just to be clear, I am not against wearing playoff bracelets. I admit it took some persuasion last year, and 'I didn't get it' until I saw some photos with all the beads and what not.

I am curious, if any of you are afraid of running out of any of the letters, and how you decide to use first initial, last initial, or first and last? Are you coming up with any sort of official (or not) guidebook? Anyone think about putting it up on the Wiki?

Alright Ladies and Fellas, with playoffs beginning next week, it's time to get this going again.

Last year we came up with the idea of bracelets or strings around our wrists. Seeing as how the playoff beard lasts the whole time, wins and losses, we're gonna do the same. You're all welcome to participate.

Rules:

Tie a red string around your wrist for a win.

Tie a white string around your wrist for a loss.

Post pictures as we go!

Embroidery thread will probably be one of the easiest ways to go. It can be found at Joann Fabrics, Meijer, or any other arts and crafts store.

Lets see another run like last years!

DSCN4013.jpg

ha I don't really know why I'm telling you this but when I first read this topic's name I thought of this.. where does a women grow most hair.... need to get my mind out of the gutter :scared:

Just to be clear, I am not against wearing playoff bracelets. I admit it took some persuasion last year, and 'I didn't get it' until I saw some photos with all the beads and what not.

I am curious, if any of you are afraid of running out of any of the letters, and how you decide to use first initial, last initial, or first and last? Are you coming up with any sort of official (or not) guidebook? Anyone think about putting it up on the Wiki?

As far as I know, I'm the only one who does the beads.

I had originally thought about numbers, but when I went to Walmart, they didn't have any, so I bought letters. As far as running out- well, last year Johan Franzen had me running out to Walmart in the middle of the night 3 times! I ended up with 5 bags of beads. Fortunately, they were only about $3 each. I have saved them for re-use. I do the hearts for the clinching game in each playoff series because the hearts came with the letters and I thought it was a shame to waste them, especially since they were red hearts on white beads. The colour scheme demanded their use.

I went with first and last initials since there are a lot of guys who share letters. How does one know, for example, if an H is Hossa, Holmstrom, Hudler, Helm, Hank, or even Howard, if- heaven forbid- we should we see him in action. My sister said I should put a little gold bead or something between the initials, but I have enough trouble putting the bigger beads on. (I'm sure I will once again be finding random letters under furniture well into July.)

My greatest wish right now is for a housemate with opposable thumbs.

Perhaps, someday when this is established, someone will publish an official "how to" post, or something, but as it is, I kind of like the freedom to play with it. As long as it is "red for win; white for loss", we're all on the same page. Wiki=good call. Maybe someone should do that.