• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwingslady87

Ladies alternative to playoff beard

Rate this topic

Damn 55! I just got all choked up. *sniff*

Ooh, choking and sniffling?

Ask your doctor about clemastine and the heimlich manouever.

Then wear many red bracelets in the next few months. By June, you'll be feeling better.

So as long as making bracelets is becoming an annual tradition, and as there are guys who don't get it, can I make my motivational speech an annual event too? At least for this year?

---->

If the answer to these questions is "YES!", then now is the time. Get your thread ready. The playoffs are upon us, and we are pumped!

Go Wings!

I'm so proud to know you. :yahoo:

Now a beard, in and of itself, as cool as it is, has no bearing on a hockey game. You can't beard-check someone. You can't stop pucks with it. About the best thing you could possibly do with it is grow it out to cover your mouth so the refs can't read your lips when you disagree with their call.

Go Wings!

You can score a goal with it, ask Mr. Draper

I won't rehash the same argument from the past, and I won't use loaded words like "cute," but seriously can you do your bracelets without challenging the integrity of the playoff beard?

I was so hoping this thread would die, but can you just start a new one, Playoff Bracelets, and just not mention beards. You can put your photos and everything there, and probably deal with a whole lot less hate over it in the process.

Thanks.

I won't rehash the same argument from the past, and I won't use loaded words like "cute," but seriously can you do your bracelets without challenging the integrity of the playoff beard?

I was so hoping this thread would die, but can you just start a new one, Playoff Bracelets, and just not mention beards. You can put your photos and everything there, and probably deal with a whole lot less hate over it in the process.

Thanks.

Challenging the integrity of the beard?

Not in the least! This is not in any way a challenge to the beard, nor is it a contest against the beard. If anything, having something for the ladies shows our support for the beard. We get what the beard is. We appreciate the beard. We realize that our bearded brothers are doing this to show their support for the team. We're fans of the beard.

This is nothing more than a Plan B. We want to do something for the same reasons that guys want to grow the playoff beards. We can't grow them, so we have to go to Plan B.

The only people who are having a pissing contest over it are the ones who come in here looking down on the bracelets because women can't grow beards and who feel that women should be left out of exhibitions of playoff fanship because of it.

Some men, and these men are few and far between despite being vocal, feel that their beard-growing is a sign of superiority. I don't get that. Men can wear beards and look good. Women can't. This doesn't mean that men are bigger fans due to their beards, nor does it mean that women are bigger fans if we wear bracelets.

All it comes down to in the end is that we are all fans even though not everyone can grow a beard. It does not disparage the beard or compete with the beard in any way. If anything, it supports the beard, partners with the beard, and expands participation in the concept behind the beard: the concept of a visual sign serving as a rallying point to bring together the fans.

If the beard is a good thing because it does that, then the bracelets are good things too. I see no need for it to be a divisive issue.

:ranting: :ranting: Ok, boys. Its time to give it a freaking rest. :ranting: :ranting:

I'm kinda getting tired of seeing jerks that call themselves men jumping into this thread every day and being rude to the opposite sex. What is it that you really want the Red Wing fan ladies do?

Cut of fingers and toes for every win? Thats about as noticable as growing a playoff beard, isn't it?!? Sear themselves with a branding iron for every win? That'll hurt as bad as a beard itches, amirite!?! Maybe they shouldn't do anything because they're inferior to men?!?!?

What a bunch of pigs.

Grow up. I've been doing a playoff beard... and shaving at the end of each round. ZOMG I AM NOT FOLLOWING TRADITION OHNOEZ!!!!

... But we still won a cup in 2002 and 2008.

The ladies can't/don't want to let hair grow out. I, for one, can respect that to the utmost. I don't get where you jerks keep coming from.

Ladies, the bracelets look great - Keep up the good work and keep the spirit of the wings alive. Most importantly, don't give a second thought to these creeps who keep on knockin' ya. :thumbup:

If you want to hate, go ahead. This thread isn't going anywhere until the playoffs are over with for the Wings. We're not trying to challenge the playoff beard. If I were a guy, I'd be growing a beard out with the rest of the men on these boards. The fact of the matter is I was born with 2 x chromosomes, so I can't. Heck the last time I shaved my legs was Sunday, its now Friday, and there is barely any stubble on them. All we are trying to do is show our support and pride for our favorite hockey team during the playoffs. Nobody is gonna take that away from us.

Thanks.

You guys are absolutely freaking ridiculous. Nobody is challenging the integrity of anything. All we're doing is giving us, the girls, something to do as well.. because we want to participate.

Don't like it? Too bad. Want to hate it? Go ahead. I'm sick and tired of coming in this thread and reading asinine replies about how the women are all doing something evil because HOW DARE WE pretend we could ever do anything as great as a playoff beard.

******* hell. Grow up and get over it. The beard is pure superstition, as is the bracelet. The only difference is that bracelets don't have a tradition in hockey.

Edited by Ms_Hockey

Good job on the bracelets! I love that you are getting involved! As a 28 year old man who cannot grow a beard I am considering jumping into this fun. Is it alright for a man to join?

Has anyone seen the Canadian commercial where they scan around the dressing room zoomed in on the legs of the players. They are all very hairy. Then they pan up to the face and we see that it is a woman's team. The lady says "What it's the playoff's". This time of the year rocks!

Thanks.

:blink:

what the hell is your problem... i mean seriously... why is this a big deal to you. Grow a freakin beard, carry a cutesy little pocket mirror in your back pocket, pull it out every so often to stare at your beard and remind yourself that you are truely a real man.

I am totally not understanding all this "anger" toward the alternative to the playoff beard. and yes i dared to say beard and alternative. Tell you what, these bracelets are A LOT cooler than the fake "alternative" the Joe was giving out last night.

get over yourself and deal with it....

Guest Shoreline

Thanks.

Integrity? What integrity?! It's just growing a ******* beard based on a near 3-decade-old superstition. There's nothing manly or ethical about superstition, just as much, there's no way a friggen bracelet can ruin some non-existent superstitious integrity. Moaning like a child about it doesn't give it any more integrity either. Just grow a playoff beard, wear a bracelet, and celebrate the playoffs the way you see fit. It's all the same.

Thanks to all of the guys that support us. You're the same ones that don't judge us as puck bunnies either. That's why we get to enjoy hockey as much as you guys.

As for you other "men," I find you laughable. Everyone has balls on the internet. I dare you to say that s*** to my face.

Thanks to all of the guys that support us. You're the same ones that don't judge us as puck bunnies either. That's why we get to enjoy hockey as much as you guys.

As for you other "men," I find you laughable. Everyone has balls on the internet. I dare you to say that s*** to my face.

:lol: I love it.

Edit: I can see the headline: Man in critical condition after having braclet shoved down throat

Keep doing you thing ladies

Edited by Statts

Good job on the bracelets! I love that you are getting involved! As a 28 year old man who cannot grow a beard I am considering jumping into this fun. Is it alright for a man to join?

Has anyone seen the Canadian commercial where they scan around the dressing room zoomed in on the legs of the players. They are all very hairy. Then they pan up to the face and we see that it is a woman's team. The lady says "What it's the playoff's". This time of the year rocks!

Of course you can join in on it. It's also an alternative for those men who can't grow a beard.

the bracelets look great! I hope the few pig of men don't represent all of us!

I am a man, supporting bracelets. :clap:

:blink:

what the hell is your problem... i mean seriously... why is this a big deal to you. Grow a freakin beard, carry a cutesy little pocket mirror in your back pocket, pull it out every so often to stare at your beard and remind yourself that you are truely a real man.

I am totally not understanding all this "anger" toward the alternative to the playoff beard. and yes i dared to say beard and alternative. Tell you what, these bracelets are A LOT cooler than the fake "alternative" the Joe was giving out last night.

get over yourself and deal with it....

Integrity? What integrity?! It's just growing a ******* beard based on a near 3-decade-old superstition. There's nothing manly or ethical about superstition, just as much, there's no way a friggen bracelet can ruin some non-existent superstitious integrity. Moaning like a child about it doesn't give it any more integrity either. Just grow a playoff beard, wear a bracelet, and celebrate the playoffs the way you see fit. It's all the same.

:lol: I love it.

Edit: I can see the headline: Man in critical condition after having braclet shoved down throat

Keep doing you thing ladies

Thanks for all the support guys!!!

Yeah, Rabs, they're all king kong while typing, aren't they? I bet none of them has the balls to show up at Cheli's tomorrow to challenge you directly. Moosefarts. Ladies, carry on and be proud.

edit: Wings played good last night so the whiners have to focus somewhere.

Yeah, Rabs, they're all king kong while typing, aren't they? I bet none of them has the balls to show up at Cheli's tomorrow to challenge you directly. Moosefarts. Ladies, carry on and be proud.

edit: Wings played good last night so the whiners have to focus somewhere.

I'll be there!!! If you're man enough, show up.