• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF GAME 3 GDT: Red Wings 4, Blue Jackets 1

Rate this topic

Had to listen to the game at work and im loving the result once again. Osgood is beasting right now i don't know what else to say about the guy.......... just brilliant. The Cleary-Zata-Mule unit was awesome tonight. PK was amazing again, we kept our intensity from games 1 & 2 and we really capitalized on our chances tonight......... what a complete, solid, confident and dominating effort.

That Stuart hit on bumberger was colossal..... need gif.

Hossa is saving a hatty for game 4 and the sweep.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Columbus is so butthurt over being 0-3 in the series the best they can focus on is the Wings fan that threw the octopus on the ice tonite. Apparently whoever that was caught a lot of s*** for doing that. Bunch of *******. Better luck next year.

More or less a repeat of the last game. On their heels a bit in the third, but no biggie. Stuart is basically my hero after flattening Umberger. I hereby absolve all past regular season offense from ye, Brad. From the Stuart hit to the Hank goal was basically the most awesome minute of hockey we've seen all year; I'm absolutely loving it.

Btw, you all have to admit that the the puck bounced in favour of detroit most of the game and osgood was real lucky in a few situations not the least the puck that hit the iron :P

He got that post and then the puck sliding underneath him and staying out happen in quick succession, so that's basically combines for one good bounce. The goal against was a bad bounce, Nash's shot deflecting off Kronwall right to Umberger all alone in front. So, they cancel out in my mind. :P The succession on non-clears leading up to the goal was pretty bad, but that will happen now and again.

Plus, there are no superlatives I could use to do justice to Ozzie's kick save on Huselius. The glove save on Torres later was also thoroughly outrageous. What magnificent goaltending. I love you, Ozzie.

Well, another solid game for us. Ozzie has been so solid between the pipes. Makes you sort of wonder what the series would be like if we had started Conklin instead.

That hit by Stuart was a beauty. I'm glad to see most people are back to liking him again, I think most of the criticism he's received this year has been unfair. I also have to give some credit to Lebda because he has quietly played very well in this series.

Nice goal by Cleary, great to see our 2nd/3rd liners putting up the points.

I'm going to a concert Thursday night so I will miss the game, but I hope I won't have to watch a Game 5 on Saturday.

Columbus is so butthurt over being 0-3 in the series the best they can focus on is the Wings fan that threw the octopus on the ice tonite. Apparently whoever that was caught a lot of s*** for doing that. Bunch of *******. Better luck next year.

You have to understand that you are dealing with the same people who check the license plates of cars during a Michigan / Ohio State game, the proceed to be complete animals to anyone driving a car from Michigan.

"Fans" in Columbus are a special strain of retarded. They take things entirely too far regarding sporting events. Some of them tend to take things a bit too seriously and then want to turn every indiscretion into a physical battle.

Hopefully the Wings can finish the job on Thursday and get the hell out of town. People rag on Detroit for being a decaying city, but at least the fans are generally respectful of visiting teams' fans. Columbus is filled with mouth-breathing goons who start fights and couch fires.

Btw, you all have to admit that the the puck bounced in favour of detroit most of the game and osgood was real lucky in a few situations not the least the puck that hit the iron :P

Is this the type of things you're going to say if the Wings are fortunate enough to win the Cup?

I swear to God, nothing is ever enough for you.

Couldn't agree more, I honestly believe that our third pairing of Big E and Lebs would be the 1st pairing for Columbus. When Lils returns we will have mad depth. I think you gotta leave E in and sit Lebs. The Twin Towers Swedish Style will make their debut hopefully soon!

I would tend to agree even though Lebda has been beyond solid. Last night he was stellar all evening and he even had a gorgeous hit.

watched the game in HD... damn straight here is to never dishing out the money to go to a playoff game again.... for $5 a month extra i get a seat at center ice mid upper bowl for every game!

Guest mindfly

It could easily have been 4-3 final score if it didnt hit the post and went in instead and the puck that was on the goal line was one inch further back... just saying wings was very lucky in the 3rd period.

Edited by mindfly

It could easily have been 4-3 final score if it didnt hit the post and went in instead and the puck that was on the goal line was one inch further back... just saying wings was very lucky in the 3rd period.

Well they have some lucky bounces to get back from games like the one against the Islanders where they hit like 48 posts and 15 crossbars.

It usually evens out. And good teams/goalies get lucky.

You sound like a Blue Jackets fan.

:thumbdown:

:taunt: your funny....always negative But funny

It's a good thing nobody really ever takes you seriously

its could have been easily 100 to 89 if all the shots the players took went on net and if there were no goalies to stop them... you talk in a matter of "ifs" and in fact the ifs never happened so we won 4-1... enjoy it! living by the "what ifs" is a sad sad way to live.

i mean "what if" you were an actual fan of the Red Wings.... you MIGHT be happy to be up 3-0 with 12gf and 2ga... no?

Edited by OsGOD

its could have been easily 100 to 89 if all the shots the players took went on net and if there were no goalies to stop them... you talk in a matter of "ifs" and in fact the ifs never happened so we won 4-1... enjoy it! living by the "what ifs" is a sad sad way to live.

i mean "what if" you were an actual fan of the Red Wings.... you MIGHT be happy to be up 3-0 with 12gf and 2ga... no?

Happy, what is this happy you speak of?

GO OZZIE!

GO SAMMY

GO LEBDA

GO HUDLER

GO FLIP

GO STUART

GO CLEARY

LETS GO WINGS!

If I recall correctly not only was the shot hitting the post and the goal line scare basically on back to back shots on the same PP (essentially making it one scoring chance, since the opportunity would have been lost for one goal if the other had been scored), but Umberger scored later on that very power play, making the entire point moot. They got the goal, it didn't change a thing.

Guest Shoreline

The only reason the Jax got their one goal was because the refs refused to call penalties on them, and they should have at least two or three on that very shift leading up to it, and voila, eventually a team breaks down. It's no surprise that mindfly thinks the Jackets should have won this. He knows nothing about hockey. The Wings played incredible defense and had incredible goaltending this game. The 3rd period was a bit of a downer, but as mentioned that one goal shouldn't have even come to fruition if the refs didn't have their heads up their ass. This team has far surpassed my expectations of how they'd perform in the first round.

Edited by Shoreline

You are such a great fan.