• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BlakChamber

Ovechkin's hit on Gonchar

Rate this topic

Ovie did not do this on purpose. Ovie went to hit Gonchar with his shoulder but Gonchar moved to his left and that is how the knee on knee contact occurred. Watch the video closely. Ovie never moves his skates or his legs, he is on the same path from before the hit to after the hit. Also, Ovie is clearly leading with his shoulder trying to hit Gonchar with his shoulder, but Gonchar moves to his left at the last second. This does not excuse the fact that it was kneeing and should have been a 5 minute major, but it was not done with intent and was nothing but accidental.

Guest NumbaSixty-Six

"Passion on Knee"

fixt.

Edited by NumbaSixty-Six

Oh, come on... it was worth a 2 minute minor (or maybe even a 5 minute major), but this hit wasn't suspendably dirty. Gonchar made a bad decision by moving the way he did and it ended up knee on knee. Even the Canadian broadcasters on TSN agree that it wasn't an intent to injure or anything. Let'em play...

Guest NumbaSixty-Six
Ovie did not do this on purpose. Ovie went to hit Gonchar with his shoulder but Gonchar moved to his left and that is how the knee on knee contact occurred. Watch the video closely. Ovie never moves his skates or his legs, he is on the same path from before the hit to after the hit. Also, Ovie is clearly leading with his shoulder trying to hit Gonchar with his shoulder, but Gonchar moves to his left at the last second. This does not excuse the fact that it was kneeing and should have been a 5 minute major, but it was not done with intent and was nothing but accidental.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLSHIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTT. Wishful thinking. Ovechkin went for the big body hit, Gonchar was moving out of the way... so Ovechkin widened his stance to try and take a piece of him and not look like a total retarded moron.

AO didn't widen his stance one bit. Unfortunate play. Probably should have called that one for 5, but there was absolutely no intent to take out the leg. Unless you've perfected that art like guys like Marchment and Samuelsson you're just as likely to blow your own leg out. No way he intended that. No way he gets suspended for that. Or at least there is no way he should be.

AO didn't widen his stance one bit. Unfortunate play. Probably should have called that one for 5, but there was absolutely no intent to take out the leg. Unless you've perfected that art like guys like Marchment and Sameulsson you're just as likely to blow your own leg out. No way he intended that. No way he gets suspended for that. Or at least there is no way he should be.

To me, the coincidence of this play is suspect, leg out or not. I personally cannot stand Ovechkin; he's a dirty rat and knuckle dragger. Imagine the outrage around here if he had pulled this play on Lidstrom (when at the age of 39, could be a career ender). I'm sure that Gonchar won't be "friends off the ice" anymore with this monkey. The fact that he didn't do more to avoid injuring a so called friend makes him all the more deploreable to me. Pittsburgh has the momentum, so Ovechkin decides to take it out on someone's knee. Keep it classy chiclet brained Alexandria.

Guest NumbaSixty-Six
AO didn't widen his stance one bit. Unfortunate play. Probably should have called that one for 5, but there was absolutely no intent to take out the leg. Unless you've perfected that art like guys like Marchment and Samuelsson you're just as likely to blow your own leg out. No way he intended that. No way he gets suspended for that. Or at least there is no way he should be.

stfu, if this happen to lidstrom you'd be balling your eyes out.

Too bad for Gonchar. I actually kind of like him. Must be the number :)

Bad collision, but no intent to injure. Hope he's OK and playing soon, but I'm not holding my breath. Those knee injuries hurt and can take some time to heal. Best wishes to him.

Too bad for Gonchar. I actually kind of like him. Must be the number :)

Bad collision, but no intent to injure. Hope he's OK and playing soon, but I'm not holding my breath. Those knee injuries hurt and can take some time to heal. Best wishes to him.

You said pretty much everything I wanted to say... weird. :blink:

Yes, we would be. We'd be sad as can be about the loss of our best d-man.

The loss of Gonchar is a great loss for Pit. He's a great player.

We'd feel the loss of Lids more because he's ours (it is a Wings board- you have to expect more Wings fans here). This doesn't mean that we're glad for injuries to other players (unless it's Pronger). It just means it doesn't effect us hockey-wise when it is someone from another team. As a fellow human being, it is too bad and I hope he isn't in too much pain and recovers well.

If we seem indifferent to him as a hockey player, it's because he isn't on our team. If we seem indifferent to his lot as an injured human, please consider that we are usually thinking about people in hockey terms here.

Few players in the history of the league have been harder to catch with a hit, clean or otherwise, than Lidstrom. This wouldn't happen to Lidstrom so it really makes little sense hypothesizing.