• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
XxGoWingsxX

So blackhawks advance

Rate this topic

Ok so most of you prob know the Hawks are in the WCF now. If the wings can squeak just one more win in, we'll face them...great WCF matchup if you ask me. Just curious, what in your opinions are Chicago's Weaknesses/Strengths?

POSITIVES

- I feel that the hawks lack depth like the ducks and will be exposed for it after the first couple games.

- I also feel that with their core team being so young, playff pressure may get the best of them.

- So, the Bulin Wall is a good goalie but very beatable for the wings. We dominated the season series vs the hawks cept for the last 2 games in which i think the wings were just going through the motions to get the season overwith and just played to not lose instead of going all out for the win.

- Less travel

NEGATIVES

- Good team with alot of finesse players and players who can move the puck well

- Bulin could very well become hot as hell and cause probs

- Hawks can play a very rough, gritty game

- The hawks have a young core which can be good and bad...experience helps tremendously and they lack it so thats a plus but their younger core can mean they can be more energetic longer.

I'd like to hear all your opinions

agree with most of your points but the hawks have far more offensive depth than the ducks do - they roll 4 lines and also spread the ice time out well amongst all 6 defencemen with all of them logging over 15 minutes per game. and sharp, kane and toews have actually logged fewer minutes than pahlsson, havlat, bolland, byfuglien and versteeg!!

they are an incredibly deep and balanced team with just about the only negative point being their lack of experience. they also play a pretty wide open game which should suit the wings but if the wings do get through then it will be a very tough series IMO, especially if their PK does not get a lot better.

Edited by UKWING

If we actually beat the Ducks ... Facing Chicago won't be a problem. It be an amazing series and could easilly go both ways. To be honnest I'm really not surprised Hawks beat the 'nucks in the playoffs because 'Nucks don't have to many scoring threaths and they rely too much on there defense (which is not that great *overrated*) and on Luongo. I was surprised as hell tho when they beat the Flames.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Ok so most of you prob know the Hawks are in the WCF now. If the wings can squeak just one more win in, we'll face them...great WCF matchup if you ask me. Just curious, what in your opinions are Chicago's Weaknesses/Strengths?

POSITIVES

- I feel that the hawks lack depth like the ducks and will be exposed for it after the first couple games.

I couldn't disagree more.

Toews, Kane, Havlat, Sharp, Versteeg all 20+ goal scorers. Toss in 19 from Dave Bolland, 15 each for Byfuglien and Ladd, 11 goals from Eager (holy s***!) and 10 from Troy Brouwer.

That's 10 forwards with double digit goals. The Wings only had 9 forwards in double digit goal scoring.

Add in Duncan Keith, Brian Campbell and Seabrook on the back end and they have far more offensive talent and depth than Anaheim.

They are young, enthusiastic, very physical, they play a fast, up tempo game and they can pounce on turnovers and flat out fly. They present some of the same problems as Anaheim does only Chicago is a far better team. They have more depth, more balance, more scoring and more speed.

What I like about a matchup (if we get there of course) is Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Lidstrom taking away the Kane line.

Then it becomes a battle of depth scoring. Who is it going to be?

Bolland, Sharp, Byfuglien, etc....

or

Sammy, Cleary, Flip, Hudler, etc......

You turn the puck over in the neutral zone or up high in the offensive zone, they have the speed and finishing ability to kill you.

They have tons of talent and great power play quarterbacking.

What they don't have is deep playoff run experience. Will they work as hard as Detroit?

I see it as a matchup of talent vs talent. Wings determination and work ethic vs Hawks youthful exuberance and tenacity. The only thing is if those young guys get shut down, it will likely sap the youthfulness out of them. Contrary to that, the Wings just keep working hard all the time. They don't get flustered.

If the Wings in I like its the Hawks for one reason, one hour time difference. No more of this 10 or 10:30 crap. 9 would be the latest plus the 40 minute flight or whatever would be nice for the Wings.

Positives:

Joel Quennville

Khabibulin isn't doing that great

Young/inexperienced team

Joel Quennville

Having to come from behind a lot

Joel Quennville

Home ice

Joel Quennville

Cons:

Uhhh... no Kopecky? *shrug*

Positives

The man below has no balls.

<picture snipped>

Negatives

I'm sure I'll think of some at some point.

NN=not in the Q-Stache fan club :D

The biggest thing for me is that you absolutely CANNOT sit on a lead against them, they don't quit. 6 of their 8 wins are come-from-behind, and two of those were two-goal deficits. They've also come back from THREE down to tie twice, although they eventually lost both games, but not before making their opponents crap their pants. The Wings' "throw it in deep, then back up and wait for the next rush" style of lead protection won't work against these guys.

IF we get past Anaheim, we should be the better team though.

the wings style of play is the kryptonite for that youthful energetic and tenacious style of the hawks. our puck control will take them out of their game. outhitting them cleanly will frustrate them. and silencing the united center will be oh so delicious.

I'll tell you one thing I'm not looking forward to:

Patrick ******* Kane... that boy is LEGIT! :no:

agh dont worry we got hossa, Z, datsyuk (who needs to step it up soon) and franzen. all of them to just one person, it'll be a close series but detroit wants it bad this year and chicago is a very young team with little expierence. wings in 6

(Note, I am not presuming the Wings will face the Hawks, I'm looking here from both the Ducks or Wings perspectives)

Negatives: The Hawks are young and dumb. They haven't seen a real playoff team yet, and they will should they face the Wings or the Ducks. I think they can handle the Ducks, I do not think they can handle the Wings.

They have no defensive system that I can see (I live in Chicago, and see a fair number of Hawks games). Puck holding forwars will run right through them most of the time.

They seem to favor end-to-end, chance-for-chance exchanges. They live and die on pure chaos. This was shown to a great extent in last night's game. Giving up 5 goals against a team like the Wings or the Ducks will mean that they loose. The way to keep their chaotic ways in check is to play puck possession to them and control the tempo. Make them dump and chase and they'll get nowhere.

They have no system, if the other team plays theirs they will be beat.

Positives: They are young and dumb. They're too stupid to know that they should have no chance against the Wings or Ducks and that will give them zero fear. They're giant killers and don't know when to quit. That's dangerous.

Their chaotic ways can get a team off their game. If the Hawks are allowed to control the tempo, we'll have a hard time against them. They're very quick and react fast on the initial rush. That will give the D a bunch of trouble. Goalies will have to work hard several times.

They have no system, predicting them will be difficult.

Final analysis: I repeated most things above for a reason. The Hawks are a double-edged sword. The positives and negatives work for and against them. If a team controls the tempo and sticks to a successful system, they'll beat the Hawks.

IF, the Wings make it, big IF still:

Dats Z Homer/Cleary (maybe it is a slow change of Cleary but I see a lot of him there) will slow down Chi's first line. Much like the Ducks first line. They won't shut them down, they can hope to contain them.

The Franzen Flip Hossa line will be key to this series, I am not sure Chi has a line that can either beat them when FFH are playing D (other than the first line) and I don't know that they have a line that can deal with the size and speed of FFH.

Helm and Abdelkader will have to bring the same kind of energy that the energy guys from Chi will bring.

D is no match at all, the Wings D is far better, team D, top 6 d-men, defense in detroit is far better than Chi.

I see this as more difficult than the Ducks series, so 6 games (I called 5 in the Ducks series). The Chaotic style of the Hawks may cause troubles, and I think the Wings will get called for a lot of Penalties early in the series. They will play the way they have played Ana and will get called for it!

Edit:

You can call it bad Ju Ju but I always think my team is going to win the series (not that you are not rooting for the Wings, please don't take it that way), so to me it is just a mental exercise about the next round.

Edited by Opie

Should the Red Wings eliminate Anaheim, I am suprised how many people are predicting a short series against Chicago. The Blackhawks are far deeper at forward than the Ducks; anyone that suggest otherwise needs to pay closer attention. The Blackhawks roll four lines very similar to the Red Wings. In fact, I would say the Hawks depth at forward is the closest we will see to matching the Red Wings. Chicago is talented, quick, and physical. They beat Vancouver in low scoring, defensive games and up-tempo, high scoring games.

That being said, the Red Wings have a favorable edge on defense and in goal. Khabibulin doesn't scare me and the Red Wings have proven they can score goals on quality goaltenders. It would probably be in Chicago's best interest to turn the series into a shoot-out because the Red Wings are not the Canucks.

I would predict the Red Wings to win the series, but I don't get the feeling it will be short.

They just lit up Vancouver and Luongo like a Christmas tree the entire series.

This will be a tough test for us, and as others have pointed out, they're a lot deeper than Anaheim is. They got 3 lines that can score just like the Wings do.

Um,... hate to rain on everyone's parade, but Wings didn't advance to the WCF yet. This thread is premature and bad juju.

This isn't directed only at you man but READ MY DAMN OP AGAIN...i said IF WE MAKE IT PAST THE DUCKS....so people...stop commenting like I already said we won.

They just lit up Vancouver and Luongo like a Christmas tree the entire series.

This will be a tough test for us, and as others have pointed out, they're a lot deeper than Anaheim is. They got 3 lines that can score just like the Wings do.

They also gave up almost 4 goals a game to an offensively challanged team.

Vaoncouver's forwards compare well with Anaheim's.

I'm not saying IF Detroit were to meet Chicago that it would be a cake-walk, but the Hawks are a very inexperienced team and made a lot of defensive errors against Vancouver.