• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Drake_Marcus

Niedermayer cheap shot and brawl

Rate this topic

Nicklas Lidstrom

We got that goal late in the game. We needed a goal earlier, especially when they have a two-goal lead to put pressure on them. I think they were desperate tonight than we were. They came out stronger. We still had too many turnovers that created more time in our zone than we wanted to.

On end-of-game altercations

I don’t really know what happened, but it’s been a battle for both sides and those things happen.

On not being able to close out the series on the road

It’s disappointing that we had a chance to close the series out, but they’re a good team. They’re not going to give up and we saw that tonight. So we have to regroup and come back and be ready to come in Thursday night.

hahahahaha, he knows the ducks are a good team, i love that type of respect. he calls it how it is!

No, but they sure as hell have got to be first in that category. In the regular season, they were the "highest-rated" team in penalties. Our Wings are playing them right now. They are taking cheapshots and consistently getting away with them. NO team in the league gets away with not being called as much as the Ducks do. And the irony of hearing one of the announcers last night saying that the Ducks are staying away from the penalties was not even laughable., it was sickening. It was stupid and naive. I HATE THEM and I hope they lose so badly they don't forget it till they put skates back on next fall.

Hope that answers your question. Have a nice day.

You know, that's not really the opinion I get of things except on this board. So I'll take that with a grain of salt.

Anaheim is definitely the more undisciplined team here. But I get to watch this series without seriously caring who wins. And bullocks to you if you don't see your own precious team cheapshoting Anaheim back. It's a chippy series, which makes it awesome to watch, but both teams are dancing on the floor here, not just one.

Or can I refer you to the TSN panel they did on Kronwall always leaving his feet on his hits this season? That's "cheap," "dirty," and "illegal," and you know what, most of the league thinks Detroit gets away with it FAR more than any other team because you're friggin' Detroit.

Anaheim has a bad rep, and they earn it, but they don't get away with nearly as much as other teams in this league because of it.

Edited by kidish

Go ahead and watch the video. Slide the bar over to 1:36/1:52.

Whoever thinks that doesn't look like intent to injure and all around pathetic, gutless behaviour is an idiot.

Edit: fixed video link.

intent to injure my foot look at it again, Scotty hits Datstuk on the shoulder. Also look like Hossa with after Getz when he got hooked and Getz just went back after him, if u can handle a little fight then don't go after someone. Datsyuk was holding on to Scotty jersey and Scotty went to hit his hand off and hit him in the shoulder so quit all your crying and get ready for game 7.

Anaheim is definitely the more undisciplined team here. But I get to watch this series without seriously caring who wins. And bullocks to you if you don't see your own precious team cheapshoting Anaheim back. It's a chippy series, which makes it awesome to watch, but both teams are dancing on the floor here, not just one.

Or can I refer you to the TSN panel they did on Kronwall always leaving his feet on his hits this season? That's "cheap," "dirty," and "illegal," and you know what, most of the league thinks Detroit gets away with it FAR more than any other team because you're friggin' Detroit.

Anaheim has a bad rep, and they earn it, but they don't get away with nearly as much as other teams in this league because of it.

:clap::clap::clap: :clap:

Nicklas Lidstrom

We got that goal late in the game. We needed a goal earlier, especially when they have a two-goal lead to put pressure on them. I think they were desperate tonight than we were. They came out stronger. We still had too many turnovers that created more time in our zone than we wanted to.

On end-of-game altercations

I don’t really know what happened, but it’s been a battle for both sides and those things happen.

On not being able to close out the series on the road

It’s disappointing that we had a chance to close the series out, but they’re a good team. They’re not going to give up and we saw that tonight. So we have to regroup and come back and be ready to come in Thursday night.

hahahahaha, he knows the ducks are a good team, i love that type of respect. he calls it how it is!

What the hell did you think a class act like Listrom would say in front of thousands of viewers? that they really only have one line so they resort to...uh...other means to make points? That the Ducks take liberties all the time and get away with it? That (for instance) Niedermeyer should have been called on his pummeling of Holmstrom in front of the net? That maybe if he had been nailed, all the rampant, uncontrolled goonery after the whistle might not have happened because the refs were actually in control of the game?

...That he hopes his team comes together tomorrow night and beats the absolute bejesus out of those goons who've gotten away with this crap all season?

Of course, far be it from me to put words in Lidstrom's mouth. I'm sure he thinks they're all wonderful human beings and should be at least teaching Sunday School somewhere.

You know, that's not really the opinion I get of things except on this board. So I'll take that with a grain of salt.

Exactly, most of the league (including myself) feel it is the wings that get away with soooo much. Setting picks, diving, etc... all considered dirty IMO.

:clap::clap::clap: :clap:

No offense bud, but you clapping generally means bad things for my argument. Haha.

I'm not really for or against any team here. Just seeing two teams going at it, and it's been fun, both both teams' fanbases get way out of hand on wanting so-and-so hanged. It's hockey.

Exactly, most of the league (including myself) feel it is the wings that get away with soooo much. Setting picks, diving, etc... all considered dirty IMO.

MODS:???? What are the chances of these two talking amongs themselves elsewhere? Anywhere elsewhere? Thank you!!

What the hell did you think a class act like Listrom would say in front of thousands of viewers? that they really only have one line so they resort to...uh...other means to make points? That the Ducks take liberties all the time and get away with it? That (for instance) Niedermeyer should have been called on his pummeling of Holmstrom in front of the net? That maybe if he had been nailed, all the rampant, uncontrolled goonery after the whistle might not have happened because the refs were actually in control of the game?

...That he hopes his team comes together tomorrow night and beats the absolute bejesus out of those goons who've gotten away with this crap all season?

Of course, far be it from me to put words in Lidstrom's mouth. I'm sure he thinks they're all wonderful human beings and should be at least teaching Sunday School somewhere.

if you read the quoted comments from your captain and your coach, they both know that the ducks are a good team, both teams have gotten away with s***, but only because its crazy for the ducks to be 3-3 with detroit, all you bandwagon fans have to talk s***. i dont hate the detroit redwings, in fact they have a bad ass team, but wow do the fans complain more then they do.

According to Steve Yzerman, he didn't stand there and do nothing, he picked the fight. He was throwing punches. He was losing, but he was in it.

Fighting isn't useless, it's fun.

What's your beef with guns? Seems to me they would have been handy when the Germans marched through your neck of the woods....then the Soviets. I wonder who'll walk over you next? Maybe getting pushed around all the time creates a culture of acceptance. Maybe this is why battered women often seek out new boyfriends or husbands who will kick them around, just like all the other men in their life have? I don't blame you. I'm sorry that all you've ever known is the feeling of being beaten and losing...but man, lemme tell you - Fighting back and losing feels good. Fighting back and winning feels very, VERY good. Give success a try sometime.

I hope to some higher power that this is not a sincere post....its exactly the kind of opinion that makes the usa often be regarded as a nation of psychotic, evangelistic, insular, ignorant red-necks, as opposed to a land of freedom, opportunity and tolerance as it should be. My god, this is just incredible!!

And on a general point, yeah we could do with more toughness, but given the game situation the same guys would be on the ice and even having boogard in the line up would have made damn all difference. IF Lids had stepped in, so would have Pronger, which we don't want to see. I'm all for the the team building, one for all etc nature of fighting in hockey, but their skills guys are a s*** load bigger than ours are ever going to be with 13 years of last place draft picks. ITs not like the colorado thing where it was a relatively even match up. Sure Yzerman fought on a couple of occasions, but a 21 (or whatever) year old is going to jump in quicker than a 39 year old in the playoffs...

Also worth remembering that the reason we hate the ducks is not because they are big and tough, but because they are dirty cowards. Sure you see Perry, Getzlaf, Pronger etc pull all kinds of s***, but only against smaller guys...stick a fighter on the ice (of any size) and not peep out them. Perry tried on Ericsson, got spanked and since then, everyone has left the kid alone. These dirty sods just won't fight, and have made a point of going after our skill guys after the buzzer throughout this series. If the league are too cowardly to enforce their own rules, with any consistancy, it leaves us in a difficult position, because downey would only get to fight against Parros or someone similar, which is a waste of time frankly. I'll be happiest if helm, abdelkader, stuart, etc keep up the recent history of flying into fair checks and grinding the scumbags down (though i wouldn't complain if a lids slapshot breaks a anaheim ankle...)..

Oh and to the ducks fan comparing holmstrom's possibly accidental elbow in play while fightign for position with last night's blindside after the whistle needs to drop the crap...after the whistle the game ends..same rule in every sport...not tricky to understand....

Well, Homer still has to use rules from the nineties. & his crease is about 2 feet larger than the goalies.

This s*** aggrivates the hell outta me. It's like the Ducks huddled up together and decided whom each of them were going to beat down once the game ended. Classless assholes. People make Scott out to be some sort of angel when he's a cheap shot piece of crap.

It's THIS stuff that makes tomorrow's game so much bigger and I can't wait for the Wings to own them tomorrow night and I'll be there to watch it happen.

MODS:???? What are the chances of these two talking amongs themselves elsewhere? Anywhere elsewhere? Thank you!!

what??? you cant handle the truth that the ducks are a good team, that detroit doesnt know how to handle us... please, stop crying

Laughable at best. Maybe you should be a professional clown, comparing what is undeniably the dirtiest bunch of scumbags in the league (according to just about every fan in the NHL, and apparently the players themselves selecting your precious Pronger as "Dirtiest" player in the NHL) to the Red Wings, the least penalized, least fighting team in the league led by the repeat Lady Byng winner. Do you actually think before you post?

I just love the fact that somehow the Red Wings are now the "dirty cheaters" and Anaheim is just a hardworking skill team who isn't being given the proper respect and is being falsely accused of goon tactics. Classic.

Here it comes, guys! The "NHL loves the Wings" conspiracies! Oh goodness, let me get my popcorn and sit back and watch this.

The Wings dive because the teams making infractions against us DO NOT GET CALLED. If the refs would be consistent and call the game the way it's supposed to be called, no diving. You know why? Because if one of our players gets hooked and he takes a dive to draw attention to it, who do you think is going to get the penalty? The diver or the person who hooked? That's right, the person who hooked! I suggest you pay closer attention to the games. Our guys stay on their skates until the calls begin to go unnoticed.

Now, I'm not defending the fact that we dive.. it shouldn't be done by anybody in this league. But come the f*** on, man. You can't honestly tell me that there's no precursor to them flopping all over the ice.

This league does not want the Wings to advance any more than you do. I've said this before and I'll say it again.. the NHL is a business. And part of that business is promoting ALL teams and drawing in new fans. When you have one team that dominates the league for 11+ years, there's not enough room for competition for them to promote other teams. Everybody, other than us, wants this dynasty to die out. Everybody.

The Ducks play a physical game, the Wings play a finesse game. You say we're just as much of a dirty team, but I challenge you to find even one instance where any Wings player has tried fighting one of your guys when a) he just came off an injury, b) is ridiculously smaller than the our player, and c) DOESN'T EVEN FIGHT TO BEGIN WITH.

I'm not even going to get into this any further because this idea that the Wings get away with s*** is just pathetic. The refs are inconsistent to EVERY team in the ENTIRE league.

The Ducks have guys on their roster who've made their entire career out of cheap-shotting and otherwise being disgraces to the game of hockey.. so if I were you, I'd step back and consider my train of thought before posting again.

Laughable at best. Maybe you should be a professional clown, comparing what is undeniably the dirtiest bunch of scumbags in the league (according to just about every fan in the NHL, and apparently the players themselves selecting your precious Pronger as "Dirtiest" player in the NHL) to the Red Wings, the least penalized, least fighting team in the league led by the repeat Lady Byng winner. Do you actually think before you post?

I just love the fact that somehow the Red Wings are now the "dirty cheaters" and Anaheim is just a hardworking skill team who isn't being given the proper respect and is being falsely accused of goon tactics. Classic.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

The Ducks have "A" good line & you're all a bunch of goons.

i agree that we have 1 stong line to your 4, i dont agree on the bunch of goons, and if we just have 1 line, then why is it that your team of stars cant take us down??

x2.....

I try not to be one sided and it's hard b/c EVERY fan is one sided towards their team. But lets face it BOTH teams have been taking cheap/ dirty shots on each other.

You won't see any Wings player target a finesse player from your team, fresh off an injury, and drag him around the ice punching him in the head without even giving him a chance to get his balance to square off properly. I'm sorry, but Corey Perry is an embarrassment to your team. Getz and Niedermayer doing what they did... no problem. They sent a message and the Wings need to respond, that's the playoffs. But Corey Perry, targeting the weakest player on the ice... who just happened to come back from injury that game, in an attempt to look tough in front of his home crown is pathetic.

I'd like to know what your response would be if the shoe were on the other foot and Cleary did that to Selanne during his first game back from injury. Corey Perry is a piece of garbage.

Edited by Broken 16

Well I know one of the two is probably doing coke off a hooker's ****...

Wow, I almost spewed Mountain Dew out of my nose and all over my monitors because of that comment.

LMFAO

Back on topic. Screw Needledick. He should be suspended but won't be. I'll take a bunch of angry, motivated Red Wings and the karma that comes from it though.

Hate to break it to you pal, but THAT goal that hold in such reverence is a direct result of that ass whipping.

So directly tied to the result that the Wings gave up 4 more goals to the Avs and had to muster up a furious 3rd period comeback to score 2 goals to tie and then a tictactoe play from Igor to Shanny to Mac in OT to win it. Without that comeback the fights wouldn't have been anything more than a minor blip in Wing fans' consciousness.

what??? you cant handle the truth that the ducks are a good team, that detroit doesnt know how to handle us... please, stop crying

Doesn't know how to handle the Ducks?

You do realize that we've won as many games as you have, right?

KARMA is going bite the ducks in the ass Thursday night.

GO WINGS!