• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MississippiWing

Words that need to be banned from Hockey Vocabulary

Rate this topic

Kareem. I always thought it was pronounced the way it's spelled, but apparently it's "Care-emmed" and it gets annoying.

THere are a few. It seems that every playoff run someone comes up with a new word they use all the time. There was one earlier this year that stood out, but I think it was last year that "kareemed" was said every. single. time. the. puck. hit. a. wall.

Kareem. I always thought it was pronounced the way it's spelled, but apparently it's "Care-emmed" and it gets annoying.

THere are a few. It seems that every playoff run someone comes up with a new word they use all the time. There was one earlier this year that stood out, but I think it was last year that "kareemed" was said every. single. time. the. puck. hit. a. wall.

I don't get to see that many games so I haven't heard that.

Are they really pronouncing carom as though it was the name of a basketball player from my childhood?

Guest Shoreline
"Great save Luongo"

"Slap-pass"

Hughson drives me insane when he does Canucks broadcasts.

The dude who does the Canucks PPV for years sounds worse and with a much harsher accent -- is that the way British Columbians sound?

Edited by Shoreline

One thing that would make me happy is if all Red Wings fans knew how to say "Lidstrom". I cannot stand when people pronounce his name "Lindstrom". If he were a minor league prospect, it would still bother me. But he's on the ice half the game and the announcers say his name 50 ***** times a game. Some of the most die-hard fans still say his name "Lindstrom", and it drives me insane. Nick LIDstrom. Say it with me. The LID goes on top of the can. The LID is used to keep the vegetables fresh. The LIND does not exist. Now say "Strom" like strumming a guitar. "Strom" "Strom" Strom". "LID" now "Strom" "LIDstrom". Lidstrom

Anything from Pierre but esp.: "Big body presence" and "intensity level"

Doc saying a Red Wing got "mashed" when it's a minor hit.

CBC guys talk about a "foot race" for the puck as though there's another kind in hockey.

"You can slap me silly, Sidney!"

Ban it. PLEASE. Along with any other ridiculous thing Mike Lange says. Hate, hate, hate that man's voice.

Yes, this, along with "Make me a milkshake, Malkin!" Seriously, what's with all the homoerotic double entendres? Next thing you know he's gonna be making Quizno's commercials ...

Why? That's what they used to be referred to as. Now, more people call them blockers but waffleboard has that old-school feel to it.

When I was a kid, I took my dad's old leather hockey gloves and I duct taped a rectangular piece of peg board to it to make a blocker. It was a nice waffleboard. :)