• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DSM

Marian Hossa, merged

Rate this topic

I would give Hossa another playoff chance before I start throwing him into the Lions Den. Yes he didn't play well at all in the Playoffs but I think he deserves another chance to prove that he can shine in the playoffs. There were a lot of dissappointments this season in the playoffs, a lot of players didn't play to their full potential. Doesn't mean we should break up a good thing. I say let's get rid of the players that we need to but keep the core of the team as intact as possible and keep the guys that are top grade, high quality players Hossa being one of them.

I would give Hossa another playoff chance before I start throwing him into the Lions Den. Yes he didn't play well at all in the Playoffs but I think he deserves another chance to prove that he can shine in the playoffs. There were a lot of dissappointments this season in the playoffs, a lot of players didn't play to their full potential. Doesn't mean we should break up a good thing. I say let's get rid of the players that we need to but keep the core of the team as intact as possible and keep the guys that are top grade, high quality players Hossa being one of them.

Yeah, but he's not going to sign another one year deal. The free agency market is going to be pretty dry next summer and there's no way he'd intentionally set himself up to be a free agent when there's not as much money to be had.

Look for Hossa to sign for 5-7 years with whomever he decides to sign with.

How can all the blame fall on Hossa, yeah he played like s*** in the finals but where was Datsyuk all playoffs before he got hurt. Where was Holmstrom 3/4 left in the season and all entire playoffs. The defense collectively played like s***. Ericsson was too fast to dive to block a shot that led to 2 critical goals. Rafalski was on the moon sitting with stuart and the turnover machine Lebda. Osgood gave up 2 terrible goals in game 7. The only one's who stepped up in the finals were Cleary Z, Helm, Abdelkader. The rest collectively sucked. So where might I ask is loosing the cup all Hossa's fault.

How can all the blame fall on Hossa, yeah he played like s*** in the finals but where was Datsyuk all playoffs before he got hurt. Where was Holmstrom 3/4 left in the season and all entire playoffs. The defense collectively played like s***. Ericsson was too fast to dive to block a shot that led to 2 critical goals. Rafalski was on the moon sitting with stuart and the turnover machine Lebda. Osgood gave up 2 terrible goals in game 7. The only one's who stepped up in the finals were Cleary Z, Helm, Abdelkader. The rest collectively sucked. So where might I ask is loosing the cup all Hossa's fault.

Datsyuk was definitely a bust in the playoffs this year.

He had a good game 5 in the Finals, but didn't do s*** after that. It seems like the drive he had the last 2 playoffs wasn't there this time, even before the injury.

Datsyuk was definitely a bust in the playoffs this year.

He had a good game 5 in the Finals, but didn't do s*** after that. It seems like the drive he had the last 2 playoffs wasn't there this time, even before the injury.

That's the problem he has had before last year. He was a bust in the playoffs. They gave him the big contract extension and had a great playoffs last year. s*** this year he went back to 2006 when he had 0 goals and 3 assists in the 5 game debacle against the oilers, and 2007 when he only had 8 goals in 18 games.

Guest mindfly

Matheson: Marian Hossa's agent will push for $6 million per-year contract

June 14, Edmonton Journal: "Marian told me Thursday he would be crushed if he didn't win because the seventh game is the closest he's come," said Hossa's agent Ritch Winter.

As well as Hossa's future:

Winter will likely try to get the same length of contract for Hossa as Henrik Zetterberg and Johan Franzen got during the season -- likely 10, 11 or 12 years, with an average salary of around $6 million, although Hossa did little to help his financial cause in the playoffs. He scored in only three of 23 games.

If the Red Wings do keep Hossa, and odds are 75-25 he stays, with his new deal announced shortly after July 1, Holland has some very tricky decisions to make to free up some salary cap space.

It's a given he's parting ways with Mikael Samuelsson (no goals in the last 10 playoff games) and Tomas Kopecky, who had his right orbital bone broken when punched by Duck Francois Beauchemin in Round 2. Both are unrestricted free agents.

Holland will trade Jiri Hudler, a Group 2 free agent who didn't score in his final 12 games, probably trying for a second-round draft pick. He may also consider trading defenceman Andreas Lilja, who was felled by a bad concussion for the playoff run. Veteran blue-liner Chris Chelios isn't coming back; No. 2 goalie Ty Conklin is probably moving on.

Will Holland do something with warrior Tomas Holmstrom? His gas tank looked like it was running on empty for most of Detroit's playoff ride. The 36-year-old wasn't the usual irritant around the net, and didn't score in 19 straight games. He's making only a shade more than the league average ($2.25 million), with one year left.

Kris Draper and Kirk Maltby, who also have four rings, are fourth liners. Draper is 38, Maltby 36. Draper, whose spot as the third-line centre has been taken by a younger Darren Helm, has two years left on his contract while Maltby has one year.

The Wings won't drop $6 million on Hossa at this point, and the Ottawa Citizen's Allen Panzeri suspects that the Los Angeles Kings may make a hard push for Hossa if he reaches the open market.

That's the problem he has had before last year. He was a bust in the playoffs. They gave him the big contract extension and had a great playoffs last year. s*** this year he went back to 2006 when he had 0 goals and 3 assists in the 5 game debacle against the oilers, and 2007 when he only had 8 goals in 18 games.

8 goals in 18 games is bad?

That's a 36 goal season.

Btw Datsyuk would have had a better year if Babcock didn't try to keep sticking him with Hossa. That was a horrible line. Just horrible.

Edited by Doc Holiday

Matheson: Marian Hossa's agent will push for $6 million per-year contract

June 14, Edmonton Journal: "Marian told me Thursday he would be crushed if he didn't win because the seventh game is the closest he's come," said Hossa's agent Ritch Winter.

As well as Hossa's future:

Winter will likely try to get the same length of contract for Hossa as Henrik Zetterberg and Johan Franzen got during the season -- likely 10, 11 or 12 years, with an average salary of around $6 million, although Hossa did little to help his financial cause in the playoffs. He scored in only three of 23 games.

If the Red Wings do keep Hossa, and odds are 75-25 he stays, with his new deal announced shortly after July 1, Holland has some very tricky decisions to make to free up some salary cap space.

It's a given he's parting ways with Mikael Samuelsson (no goals in the last 10 playoff games) and Tomas Kopecky, who had his right orbital bone broken when punched by Duck Francois Beauchemin in Round 2. Both are unrestricted free agents.

Holland will trade Jiri Hudler, a Group 2 free agent who didn't score in his final 12 games, probably trying for a second-round draft pick. He may also consider trading defenceman Andreas Lilja, who was felled by a bad concussion for the playoff run. Veteran blue-liner Chris Chelios isn't coming back; No. 2 goalie Ty Conklin is probably moving on.

Will Holland do something with warrior Tomas Holmstrom? His gas tank looked like it was running on empty for most of Detroit's playoff ride. The 36-year-old wasn't the usual irritant around the net, and didn't score in 19 straight games. He's making only a shade more than the league average ($2.25 million), with one year left.

Kris Draper and Kirk Maltby, who also have four rings, are fourth liners. Draper is 38, Maltby 36. Draper, whose spot as the third-line centre has been taken by a younger Darren Helm, has two years left on his contract while Maltby has one year.

The Wings won't drop $6 million on Hossa at this point, and the Ottawa Citizen's Allen Panzeri suspects that the Los Angeles Kings may make a hard push for Hossa if he reaches the open market.

I would definately trade Lilja if they can. Right now he has post concussion syndrom. My best if the headaches last the offseason his career is over. My fear is Lilja pulls a hatcher sits on his ass and collectes his 1.5 million dollar contract. Kopecky has proven nothing and Samuelsson is a mood point right now. Hudler is too shady of a player as is Filppula. Play good for a few games and dissapear like a fart in the wind. Draper is 38 and can still win faceoffs but that's it. He did a terrible job in the Finals.

Sameulsson- thanks for the service but you suck on the blue line

Draper- 1 year left ill keep him around for a clutch faceoff guy

Maltby- Thanks for the service but the grind line is dead

Chelios- didnt expect 9 years in a Wings sweater 1st ballot hall of famer. s*** retire and take Mcrimmons job.

Lilja- Has PCS will not admit and will sit on the last year of his contract watching reruns of married with children eating pizza and drinking Natural ice

Holmstrom- Later

Hudler- dude you dissapear too much

Conklin- How little we new thee

Hossa- I would keep around

Edited by RainingBlood

8 goals in 18 games is bad?

That's a 36 goal season.

Btw Datsyuk would have had a better year if Babcock didn't try to keep sticking him with Hossa. That was a horrible line. Just horrible.

dont let the 8 goals fool you if u watched the playoffs that year he was invisible alot especially against the Ducks.

dont let the 8 goals fool you if u watched the playoffs that year he was invisible alot especially against the Ducks.

I'm just saying that using his 8 goals as a menas to discredit his offensive production is silly.

And the Ducks made just about everyone invisible. Same thing with this year.

I'm just saying that using his 8 goals as a menas to discredit his offensive production is silly.

And the Ducks made just about everyone invisible. Same thing with this year.

Its not a means to discredit his offensive production. But A guy like Datsyuk who is a top 5 forward in the league should have more than 8 goals and 8 assists in 18 games. Once again this year he dissapeared. he had 1 goal and 8 assists in 16 games played

Its not a means to discredit his offensive production. But A guy like Datsyuk who is a top 5 forward in the league should have more than 8 goals and 8 assists in 18 games. Once again this year he dissapeared. he had 1 goal and 8 assists in 16 games played

Like I said before I believe a big part of that is from playing with Hossa, which formed a duo with no chemistry at all.

And a little under a point per game isn't horrible for an elite player playing in a defensive conference. In the playoffs no less.

If Holland will actually consider signing Hossa for 6 million a season, why Hossa? Why not try and get Heatly from Ottawa instead? Why not Gaborik. I mean come on, if the Wings wanted to spend 6 million on an elite forward, they should consider other players then just Hossa. Hossa had his chance, and he blew it. Time to give another rental a chance.

If Holland will actually consider signing Hossa for 6 million a season, why Hossa? Why not try and get Heatly from Ottawa instead? Why not Gaborik. I mean come on, if the Wings wanted to spend 6 million on an elite forward, they should consider other players then just Hossa. Hossa had his chance, and he blew it. Time to give another rental a chance.

Marian Gaborik? You mean the guy who has his doctor on speed dial?

No thank you.

I wouldn't re-sign Hossa, but if I HAD to choose between the three you've mentioned, he'd be the ONLY one I'd consider.

Dany Heatly is a world class talent, true. But now, at age 28, he's making his SECOND "demand" for a trade from his Team? I understood his demand for a trade from Atlanta, all things considered. But this? Look, I KNOW the Sens, (who were, coincidentally, touted as a posssible 'young dynasty" in the making, by the way), are currently CRAP, but come ON, Dan. Suck it up. There's talent there. WILL it to Win. BE the Leader they signed you to be. He gave the Thrashers 3 years before jumping ship. He's given the Sens 4 years, and now wants out. AGAIN. No thanks. Speaks to (questionable) Character, as far as I'm concerned. There's something wrong in that Ottawa lockerroom. Not sure if he's a part of it, but I'd rather he not bring any infection into the Family.

As for Gaborik?

I'd avoid him like the PLAGUE. Not only is he a hold-out, he's perpetually injured. And I'm not just talking about "fluky" injuries, either. These are MAJOR injuries which will probably shorten his career by quite a space, and will drastically limit is playing time on the way to that happening.

Bad choices, BOTH of them.

I would definately trade Lilja if they can. Right now he has post concussion syndrom. My best if the headaches last the offseason his career is over. My fear is Lilja pulls a hatcher sits on his ass and collectes his 1.5 million dollar contract. Kopecky has proven nothing and Samuelsson is a mood point right now. Hudler is too shady of a player as is Filppula. Play good for a few games and dissapear like a fart in the wind. Draper is 38 and can still win faceoffs but that's it. He did a terrible job in the Finals.

Sameulsson- thanks for the service but you suck on the blue line

Draper- 1 year left ill keep him around for a clutch faceoff guy

Maltby- Thanks for the service but the grind line is dead

Chelios- didnt expect 9 years in a Wings sweater 1st ballot hall of famer. s*** retire and take Mcrimmons job.

Lilja- Has PCS will not admit and will sit on the last year of his contract watching reruns of married with children eating pizza and drinking Natural ice

Holmstrom- Later

Hudler- dude you dissapear too much

Conklin- How little we new thee

Hossa- I would keep around

Who gives a s*** if Lilja sits or not? He'll be on the LTIR and his salary won't count.

And I don't think Kopecky is as gone as some here think.

I just wanted to mention again that I don't think Hossa played very well and should not be brought back under any circumstances.

See you guys in 2 pages. ;)

I want to say he didnt play very well in the playoffs and if he signs for 6 mill a season its a bargain and we should sign him under those circumstances......

further more I think you are just full of spite because you cant bring yourself to see the truth that this team is called the Detroit Red Wings......Not the Detroit Hossa's....he did not play like he was all that .. he played hard all year and deserves a offer from a team that he led in scoring ......

HE is NOT the only player that didnt play well and blaming one guy is wrong... I think Ill Blame YOU because the Red Wings didnt win......because you had Bad MOJO against Hossa...It's your fault...

Get real