• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kissnmakeup

I may get flamed for this...

Rate this topic

Actually, he's probably leaving Detroit because he and Ken Holland (via Hossa's manager) can't agree on a contract number.

Well, not that they can't agree, Hossa just wants more money than the Wings can afford.

If Hossa's girlfriend is the deciding factor in where signs, he either needs to grow a pair or get himself a new girlfriend.

But yeah, like RedFX said... I doubt there is any truth to this.

I would have to say that he is going for all the riches, but if he stays for a pay cut I will say thanks.

I'm not even sure why money is such an issue for Hossa. Kenny said they are prepared to give a long-term deal. Sure he'll have a cap hit of 4 million but he'll probably get Zetterberg type money next year, the year after, the year after that, the year after that and so on. If he doesn't want to play during those 1 million years then the Wings can just buy him out right? So what's the problem?

If Hossa's girlfriend Gretzky's Wife is the deciding factor in where he signs gets traded to, he either needs to grow a pair or get himself a new girlfriend wife.

:hehe: I am sure Janet Jones to this day is still banned from Alberta and possibly all of Canada! (except Calgary of course!)

Edited by LeftWinger

What a beauty he has... Kinda just throwing this out there, you see Sidney Crosby in everyday situations as the NHL portrays him, but you never see him with a girl... Hmm?

Edited by BeeRYCE

Honestly, balls or no balls, if I woke up to that every morning, I'd commit murder for her, Hhaha.

He's a rich athlete. Do you really think it's that hard to get a hot girlfriend when you (potentially) drive a Lamborghini and dress in expensive suits?

I mean, he's not as popular as Ovi, but Ovi gets ridiculous amounts of ass and he looks like a retarded hillbilly.

He's a rich athlete. Do you really think it's that hard to get a hot girlfriend when you (potentially) drive a Lamborghini and dress in expensive suits?

I mean, he's not as popular as Ovi, but Ovi gets ridiculous amounts of ass and he looks like a retarded hillbilly.

He's nothing to look at, but yeah Ovie is the hero of Washington and the NHL MVP, he's going to get women... Bad example. A good example might be Mike Ricci who could have himself got boatloads of ladies back in his day... Never the best player, but a millionaire nevertheless. Also, there might not be a player as smooth as Hossa is outside the rink, maybe Zetterberg, but Hossa has the swagger like no other.

He's nothing to look at, but yeah Ovie is the hero of Washington and the NHL MVP, he's going to get women... Bad example. A good example might be Mike Ricci who could have himself got boatloads of ladies back in his day... Never the best player, but a millionaire nevertheless. Also, there might not be a player as smooth as Hossa is outside the rink, maybe Zetterberg, but Hossa has the swagger like no other.

Well yeah, that's kinda what I meant. If you look at pictures of him on the street, he's usually in a nice suit or something. Add that to having a nice car (or two, or three) and it really doesn't matter what you look like 9 times out of 10, when you have an athlete's body.

It seems like Hossa will be leaving Detroit. Holland wanted to get the deal done this weekend and they still are at some sort of impass. Hossa wants 6mil and Kenny wants 4mil firm. Don't look good right now. I was hoping Hossa would sign quick but life goes on...

Honestly, balls or no balls, if I woke up to that every morning, I'd commit murder for her, Hhaha.

"Yes, I killed him. I killed him for money - and a woman - and I didn't

get the money and I didn't get the woman. Pretty, isn't it?"

-- Walter Neff (Double Indemnity, 1944)

Hossa not staying has everything to do with the fact that the Wings have no money left to sign him to a big dollar deal. You can't really expect him to take less than Franzen, at least 5 other teams will give him just as much term and about $20mil more over the contract. Kenny knows what Marian is worth, Marian knows what he is worth, I think both sides would like to hope against hope that a square peg fits in a round hole, but it isn't.

Plus, the Red Wings players and brass don't live in downtown Detroit, they live in one of the nicest neighborhoods you'll find in any city in the league. Good luck to Hossa and his bride-to-be elsewhere, wish there wasn't a cap, but there is. Just feel bad that if he in fact goes to LA, this really was his best, last chance to win the Cup. Good guy either way.

Edited by b.shanafan14

i love that movie. noir dialogue is unparalleled, IMO.

Maybe the 2nd best noir ever. After The Maltese Falcon of course.