• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mitchmac33

Conklin signs with the Blues

Rate this topic

i wish conks the best. but does he have a family?? it must suck with the moving every year, i hope he finds a long term home

Wife and 3 kids.

I wish him well. Maybe he'll be like Drake and Ozzie and come back from the Blues to win a Cup someday.

Oh Conks, out of everyone we've lost so far, I'll miss you the most, I think. You were fabulous for us this year, thank you so much. Perhaps we'll see you back here one day. Good luck against everyone save the Wings. ;)

conksandozziegiggle.jpg

I am glad that this was the goalie we signed. I liked him in Pitt. From this forum he seems to be well liked and is being received very well in St. Louis. http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/morning-skate/?p=805 He also seems to speak what he feels. He was only tarnished by 1 season in Detroit so he is being accepted with open arms :D

I am glad that this was the goalie we signed. I liked him in Pitt. From this forum he seems to be well liked and is being received very well in St. Louis. http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/morning-skate/?p=805 He also seems to speak what he feels. He was only tarnished by 1 season in Detroit so he is being accepted with open arms :D

He's a great guy, and almost too good of a goaltender to be a backup. Like he says, he has the capacity to be a starter.

This is a good signing for the Blues and I don't think you'll be disappointed. The goaltending situation looks really solid for you guys now.

Maybe he'll be like Drake and Ozzie and come back from the Blues to win a Cup someday.

That'd be great. I still love him, he's so funny and a great goalie. Wish him the best.

Well you guys better that Holland has a good backup plan. What if Osgood plays the way in the regular season this year like he did this past year? Conklin did a great job filling in for Fleury 2 years ago, and he killed us whenever we played him. Osgood is no spring chicken. He's 37. All 30 teams have issues that need to be addressed. Though this may not seem like a big deal now. This may turbn into something larger.

Well you guys better that Holland has a good backup plan. What if Osgood plays the way in the regular season this year like he did this past year? Conklin did a great job filling in for Fleury 2 years ago, and he killed us whenever we played him. Osgood is no spring chicken. He's 37. All 30 teams have issues that need to be addressed. Though this may not seem like a big deal now. This may turbn into something larger.

Their plan involves a goalie they've developed for 5 years now I think.

If he doesn't pan out, they got Larsson in the minors who was the best goalie in the Swedish Elite League in his last year and had a very good first year in the minors.

If he doesn't pan out, they got McCollum, who is considered by some to be a franchise goalie in the making (well, by Red Wings standards).

And if that doesn't work, they'll just have to trade someone for a goalie.

They got it covered fairly decently. They're probably more worried about the day Lidstrom retires.

dammit.. my favourite player is going :( i hoped until the last second he would stay but i see he is not.. i hope someday he comes back!! i have the hope he will come back someday.. who knows!!

thanks for everything Ty, you did a FANTASTIC job this year backing up Ozzie when we needed you, we didn't even miss Ozzie in some games because we had you! i hope he is #1 goalie at St.Louis, i promise to watch St.Louis games when the red wings are not playing, just to see Conks demonstrate he is a great goalie!

thanks Conklin!!!

I've just gotta say, I hate seeing this guy go. He handled himself with utmost professionalism all the way through and played great for us more often than not. He handled Osgood getting the starting nod after outplaying him without a hint of drama as well. He'll be missed for certain but it's good to see him getting a nice payday which he deserves and he's going to a Blues club that had the best regular season finish of any team in the league. He'll obviously see some descent action too considering they're not likely to pay a guy $1.3 million to play 10 games a year. I wish him the best.

Their plan involves a goalie they've developed for 5 years now I think.

If he doesn't pan out, they got Larsson in the minors who was the best goalie in the Swedish Elite League in his last year and had a very good first year in the minors.

If he doesn't pan out, they got McCollum, who is considered by some to be a franchise goalie in the making (well, by Red Wings standards).

And if that doesn't work, they'll just have to trade someone for a goalie.

They got it covered fairly decently. They're probably more worried about the day Lidstrom retires.

Sorry, I do not follow. Stevie Y was your heart and soul. After 02- 1st round, 2nd round, lockout, and 1st round again. Then he retires, and you guys make it to the WCF 3 straight years. My point is that just because an icon retires doesn't mean bad things.

Sorry, I do not follow. Stevie Y was your heart and soul. After 02- 1st round, 2nd round, lockout, and 1st round again. Then he retires, and you guys make it to the WCF 3 straight years. My point is that just because an icon retires doesn't mean bad things.

With all due respect to Steve, his skills had been deteriorating rapidly since that Cup win; he barely played at all the next year. The Wings had guys like Datsyuk and Zetterberg stepping into the top roles to ease the transition.

Nick, on the other hand, is still the Wings' top defenseman. And there's no one in the system that's going to be able to so effectively replace him as Hank and Pavel did for Steve (and Fedorov, if you like).