• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HawksFan4Life

Rumor: Chicago Blockbuster Deal?

Rate this topic

I got this from our board....

"I wasn't sure whether to put this in the rumor section but since it involved the Hawks in a big way thought I'd out it here:

Feel free to move mods.

From "the300level" twitter:

Speculation,SJS-CHI-TOR deal - SJS get: J.Blake, Huet, 2010 1st Round Pick, CHI gets: Marleau, Kaberle, Nabokov, TOR gets: Versteeg, B. Campbell, Cheechoo :

If this happens, I'm concerned. Cause that means that we have no goalie to rely on after this season. At least we get to resign the core, but we have to rely on Crawford and Niemi.

I got this from our board....

"I wasn't sure whether to put this in the rumor section but since it involved the Hawks in a big way thought I'd out it here:

Feel free to move mods.

From "the300level" twitter:

Speculation,SJS-CHI-TOR deal - SJS get: J.Blake, Huet, 2010 1st Round Pick, CHI gets: Marleau, Kaberle, Nabokov, TOR gets: Versteeg, B. Campbell, Cheechoo :

If this happens, I'm concerned. Cause that means that we have no goalie to rely on after this season. At least we get to resign the core, but we have to rely on Crawford and Niemi.

You would get Nabakov? He's no chop liver!! I'd take him over HUET any day!

EDIT: My bad, I just noticed you were talking about after this season.

Anyway, no way this trade happens.

Edited by rage

I can't fathom why San Jose would make that deal. They give up three underperformers in order to get two back in return? Huet over Nabokov? This has to be false.

Edited by Uncle Danny

This would be a great trade for the Hawks. You get rid of Campbell's contract and get Kaberle who basically replaces him but is cheaper, you get a top notch goalie in Nabokov who is much beter than Huet, and then you get Marleau, who possibly with a change in scenary and not having the pressure of being a captain, can thrive in a different environment. The Sharks would get boned and the Leafs would make out decent but the clear winner would be Chicago.

Looks like the Hawks see the writing on the wall. They resigned Colin Fraser, Aaron Johnson, Ben Eager, and Troy Brouwer to new contracts. They understand that they screwed up and they will lose the grievance hearing. Say good bye to Versteeg and Barker Hawk fans!!! LOL

I can't fathom why San Jose would make that deal. They give up three underperformers in order to get two back in return? Huet over Nabokov? This has to be false.

my thoughts exactly. and I don't know why the Hawks would have let Bulin go if they didn't think Huet could get the job done.

This would be a great trade for the Hawks. You get rid of Campbell's contract and get Kaberle who basically replaces him but is cheaper, you get a top notch goalie in Nabokov who is much beter than Huet, and then you get Marleau, who possibly with a change in scenary and not having the pressure of being a captain, can thrive in a different environment. The Sharks would get boned and the Leafs would make out decent but the clear winner would be Chicago.

how weird that a trade rumor started on the Hawks board would benefit them.. Hawks fans are just desperate to get rid of Huet and Campbell's contracts aren't they? Face it, no one is going to take those guys.

Sorry. Dale Tallon isn't smart enough to conjure this up and 2, Even Doug Wilson wouldn't buy this in SJ. and 3. Brian Burke is too greedy, he wants em all.

3 Strikes, YER OUT at the ollll balllllll game

Seriously? Take a look at that and give me one good reason that San Jose should accept that trade.

money dump? cause of their own cap probs.

interesting trade though

according to capgeek if the hawks make that trade they would have 15 mil in cap space by losing huet and campbell off their team but would add 16 million in acquiring nabby, marleau and kaberle . so iirc you can't make a trade that puts you over the cap. plus in that scenario they would still need to add 2 more defencemen which would be impossible to sign if you are already over the cap. all in all this just shows me how much dave tallon f***ed over his team lol

There is no way in hell this would ever happen. As someone said, it puts Chicago over the cap. If you didn't know already the hawks just had a grievance filed by the NHLPA on some of there players that didn't receive QO on time become UFA. Which include Versteeg, Eager, and Barker. So they need to be ready to trade to lose cap space, not trade to gain? So if they lose all those players to UFA, they can re-sign.