• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Frozen-Man

NHL asks IIHF, KHL to negate Hudler's KHL Contract

Rate this topic

I don't want somebody who'd rather be playing somewhere else playing here. Let him go...

Can you please find where it says he doesn't want to play here. All I can find is that DET can not pay him right now.

He is/was going to arbitration like many many other RFA's. When it looked like Det was not going to give him what he felt he went to the KHL.

IF he really didn't want to be a Wing he would be pulling a Phil Kessel and waiting to see what other teams want to give him.

Question as Jiri was an RFA what is his raise supposed to be?

Edited by Opie

Can you please find where it says he doesn't want to play here. All I can find is that DET can not pay him right now.

He is/was going to arbitration like many many other RFA's. When it looked like Det was not going to give him what he felt he went to the KHL.

IF he really didn't want to be a Wing he would be pulling a Phil Kessel and waiting to see what other teams want to give him.

yeah I'm with you. He took what could be 10mil in tax free money. I would do that too even if I wanted to stay in a certain place. Ya gotta take it. You would be stupid not to.

yeah I'm with you. He took what could be 10mil in tax free money. I would do that too even if I wanted to stay in a certain place. Ya gotta take it. You would be stupid not to.

For that money, I would play a year or two on Mario Lemieux's frozen pool and wash Crosby's shorts for him.

Pav did this a few years ago before we signed him to the "steal" that we ended up keeping him for. Point is; Hudler will be playing with the Wings next year. He filed for arbitration, has not confirmed any reports to the media, so the point is moot until something is official.

Not that I really mind losing Huds anyhow.

Didnt all this happen last year in nashville during the Radulov case and nothing come of it? Or was he a UFA? Either way, to be honest, i love Hudler, but knowing he is willing to walk away from the wings makes me not want him back. Thats not hte kind of players we pride ourselves in having....thats my opinion atleast

A-Rad's issue was complicated, and that's really what started this whole debacle. Radulov was still under contract (neither an RFA or UFA). However, the NHL and KHL had no agreement on transfer rules or anything of that nature. Basically, it was a separate league overseen by separate entities, and the IIHF have no affiliation with either league. So nobody could stop Radulov from basically quitting and heading to another league.

Since that time however, there was an agreement between the two leagues about signing players already under contract. But this RFA thing is what makes Hudler's situation so complicated. While the Red Wings have his rights, Hudler is not technically under contract. With that logic, the KHL offer was completely legal. I have no idea how the RFA rights tie into this whole equation though.

To me, this is a prime example why the IIHF needs to have some sort of unification agreement with all the international leagues. Have a single set of guidelines for player transfers and signings that hold true for all leagues; similar to FIFA in soccer, except with more of a confederate role. It seems this sort of issue comes up every year. Even before the whole Radulov debacle, all the Russian and Swedish leagues constantly complained of players breaking contract to jump to the NHL (The Malkin thing was a prime example). It's not going to go away any time soon, and unless the IIHF steps in, it's going to get way uglier than it is now.

Nothing personal man but you started duplicate threads all day yesterday, please stick to the threads already existing!

To the mod that moved this, thank you for removing my unnecessary vulgarity!

Edited by Opie

An arbitrator is going to give him or would give him more then the Wings have offered... That is a simple truth that Ken Holland would agree with...

Let me also ad not team was going to sign him in excess of 3 mil and be on the hook for giving detroit a 1st and 3rd draft pick or multiple firsts... So it is sent to arbitration, he is awarded a deal by the arbiter and then Detroit either honors it, trades his rights under the deal, or he becomes a UFA...

Next year Kane and Toews there will be some teams willing to give up multiple 1st rounders for those 2...

Edited by Wingseroo

My confusion exists with, why were Leino and others due a certain raise and not Hudler, different FA grouping??

Must be a different group, right like group 1 RFA and Group 2 would have different parameters on their next contract!

My confusion exists with, why were Leino and others due a certain raise and not Hudler, different FA grouping??

Must be a different group, right like group 1 RFA and Group 2 would have different parameters on their next contract!

No... Leino had to be given at least a 5% pay raise, I am sure Leino's camp started a little over 1 mil per for their offer... I think Hudler made enough for the 10% min raise to apply, but that is just the basement... Even Hudler's biggest detractors will tell you he was in line for doubling or tripling his salary this year...

Ok, now what happens if Hudler decides he wants to play in the KHL instead of the NHL, than he comes back to Detroit unhappy? How good is an unhappy player going to play. If he really wanted to play with the Wings in the NHL than they should have had something worked out a week ago. I say let him play in Russia. It's not worth it to go through all this trouble.

please, ignore thos who bash Hudler a la " f*** hudler, does not want to make sacrifices, greedy a..hole" Teenagers mostly do not know what it means to be fiscally responsible, do they ?

Interesting situation, to say the least. . . I find it amusing those who think he is going to the KHL for a year and then come back to Detroit and get paid what he's worth. The offer may be less next year from the Wings if he has a crap year or gets hurt, then his guaranteed KHL contract covers him for another year.

Personally, let him go. I just find it odd that if you file for arbitration, an indication that you want to stay in Detroit, why would you sign with another league? Let the Wings fill holes with less expensive talent and make a move or 2 at the trade deadline.

Next year's FA period is a whole new ballgame.

i dunno if hudler will play at 100% even if we can keep him for this season

since he already planned to leave Detroit and now we are forcing him to stay.

might as well just let him go.

Exactly what I said. What good is an unhappy player going to do?. Just let him go and we can fill the holes with some other player(s).

Interesting situation, to say the least. . . I find it amusing those who think he is going to the KHL for a year and then come back to Detroit and get paid what he's worth. The offer may be less next year from the Wings if he has a crap year or gets hurt, then his guaranteed KHL contract covers him for another year.

He'll have to play for whatever the arbitrator says. So if they say he's worth 2.5mil he'll have to play for 2.5mil whenever he gets back, if he ever does.

I didn't feel like reading through all these posts, but they should penalize RFA who run off to the KHL. Meaning they should make a rule stating that if a RFA runs off to the KHL, then they forfiet any future of comong back to the National Hockey League or shall pay a fine and will be required to sign for league minimum as if they are a fresh rookie.

Jm2c

Edit: I don't want Hudler back. I was never keen on him, he's too small and not defensively good enough.

Edited by Snazzy

I didn't feel like reading through all these posts, but they should penalize RFA who run off to the KHL. Meaning they should make a rule stating that if a RFA runs off to the KHL, then they forfiet any future of comong back to the National Hockey League or shall pay a fine and will be required to sign for league minimum as if they are a fresh rookie.

Jm2c

Edit: I don't want Hudler back. I was never keen on him, he's too small and not defensively good enough.

I gotta say I like that idea. I still don't want Huds back. He's a great player and I wish him well wherever he goes but I'd pefer to just let him go and stick with what we have or pick up a cheap FA or save the space for a Deadline deal.

He'll have to play for whatever the arbitrator says. So if they say he's worth 2.5mil he'll have to play for 2.5mil whenever he gets back, if he ever does.

I think an arbitrators number will be closer to 3.5 then 2.5...

So you were preferring he was a $5m+ player whom this team would not have a chance to afford anyways?

Edited by egroen

To be honest I think this is the standard response to this type of situation. The NHL wants to make it clear that they will not overlook the KHL's continued attempts to pouch NHL talent that is already signed. Put it this way- if they didn't do this they'd be implicitly approving the behaviour of the KHL in this situation.

I can agree with this. I don't see him coming back for this season. He will be back next season IMO. Play for a year over there, make some money and come back to the NHL. He made it clear he wants to play for only Detroit. He stepped up his level of play this year and deserved more money. Which we couldn't pay him that much. So he left so another team wouldn't pick him up. It sucks how it all turned out, but really stay at your current job making well below what you deserve or leave your job for 1-2 years and make a lot more with the option to return to back.

Egroen said it earlier, they offer you that much money how can you say no.

This helps us out in cap space, and could potentially keep Hudler on the Wings. (I know a lot of you dont like Hudler and dont want him) Which both parties wanted. Holland wouldn't of offered him a short term contract if it wasn't in our best interests. In Holland I trust.

Tell the KHL we do not appreciate these tactics. Tell Hudler that was some bad timing. Give him his year away, pick up a big gritty forward on a 1 year contract, clear some cap space next season, and let Hudler come back if its in the best interests of the club, and fill up the roster with the rest of the available cap space. He has potential to increase his level of play in the KHL, sure he wont get bigger, but doesn't mean he can put more points up. Lets just see how this whole thing plays out.