• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Frozen-Man

NHL asks IIHF, KHL to negate Hudler's KHL Contract

Rate this topic

Best case scenario right now I would say is that Hudler wins a decision from arbiter that nets him a 3.25 mil roughly he plays in Russia this year and then Detroit negotiates some kind of real 4 or 5 year package next offseason... But Really if I am the Wings I might have to look at packaging Hudlers rights up with a player and/or pick or two in a trade...

That isn't really the best-case scenario because the Wings are crippled from making any acquisitions until they know whether Hudler is going to be a Wings or not. If they sign someone now, then its decided Hudler is a Wing, Holland suddenly finds himself over the cap.

What is wrong with Hudler being one-dimensional when the Red Wings NEED that dimension very badly right now? Not every player has to be a great two-way forward like Z or Datsyuk. Hudler is hardly ever on the ice enough anyways to really have a negative effect defensively.

I think his defensive shortcomings really showed up in the playoffs this season and after that hit Mike Brown laid on him, he was almost invisible. I dont think Hudler is the answer we need when we obviously need to strengthen our defense. Scoring more goals than every other team last season barely got us into the 2nd seed because we gave up more goals than most teams. We need players who can play defense so the forwards dont need to score 4 goals a game to win.

NOW I'm pissed at that little F'ER! What the hell Huds?!

(from the same article)

...."Whatever is decided, Hudler's arbitration case will proceed, unless he and the Red Wings agree on a contract. The club's last offer was a five-year deal worth $3 million a season. If Hudler's deal with Dynamo is validated, he still needs to go through the arbitration process with the Red Wings and honor that contract if and when he returns to the NHL...."

Hudler and the league can both f*** off...DO NOT WANT Hudler for $3 million a year for 3+ years. Absolutely unnecessary signing with the amount of cap space this team has left.

I hope this gets taken care of quickly. The way my local paper made it sound if the scenario goes one way it could take quite a while. Wings need to know what they have and what they can do. Do the Wings have any control over this? Can they step in and say to the NHL to not intervene and just let Hudler go?

I mean if Huds comes back how happy is he going to be? IMO I don't want a player that isn't happy to be on the team. I hear the Wings are waiting for the Arbitration Hearing on July 30 but the longer we wait more and more Free Agents are going to be signed somewhere else and than if Huds is going we may be up a creek with out a paddle.

Question:? If we do indeed lose Hudler are we at a point where we HAVE to sign a Free Agent for next season or can we just go with what we have??

Do the Wings have any control over this? Can they step in and say to the NHL to not intervene and just let Hudler go?

This has more to do with NHL vs KHL rather than Hudler v Detroit. The NHL just doesnt want to give any talent away...no matter how small and greedy they are.

There is no way the NHL is going to let him go. It would set a bad example. The KHL then would be free to raid the NHL of RFA's every year. Think of how many RFA's there are each year. It would be disasterous.

Like it or not, Huds isn't going to the KHL.

Dont want Hudler back, he went for money, I dont blame him, it's 10 million frickin dollars, but he doesnt want to be here. And he is forcing Hollands hand, by the time next week rolls around, we could have no decent grinders left on the market, and then we'd have to trade assets to get one, all because of Hudler. Usually I dont side with Kenny on most things, but I'd be real pissed off if I was him too.

There is no way the NHL is going to let him go. It would set a bad example. The KHL then would be free to raid the NHL of RFA's every year. Think of how many RFA's there are each year. It would be disasterous.

What he said. Ain't gonna be pretty if this goes thru.

All right. Remember, how NHL stole the best players from our regional leagues. And they had their regional contracts inked!!! And now the NHL fights this stupid war for the power. Holland understand Hudler and they both are ready to solve it. I think, that Hudler will play in Motor City past next 2 years. To understand mentality of Czech or Russian man could be strange, but there is no way to think about us as slaves of the mighty NHL. No contract, free way. Friendly and open agreement like the agreement between Holland and Hudler is far more than stupid NHL Napoleon complex. Sorry for worse English friends.

This has more to do with NHL vs KHL rather than Hudler v Detroit. The NHL just doesnt want to give any talent away...no matter how small and greedy they are.

Quite agree, I wouldn't like to see the KHL just be able to raid the NHL's RFA year after year. That would not be good. I'm fine with keeping Hudler for the right price. I'm just saying that if it's that big of a deal just let him go. This just seems like it is going to take a long time to get this settled and now the Wings have to wait for the answer when they could be filling a hole. Obviously if Huds isn't gone than there is no hole to fill but if he is gone than the Wings are stuck with what's left after a lot of the FA's have been taken.

That's the only reason that I ask if the Wings can step in and stop this. I just don't want to see our team stuck between a rock and a hard spot late in the off-season with no move or signing available.

This is asinine! Let the little garbage go! They obviously did this to cripple Holland. $3M per year?!?!?! Hudler turned THAT down? Jesus Christ Jiri, all we had was $3.5 million in cap space and Holland was willing to give YOU 3 million of it!!! You little rat dirty bastard! Even if the IIHL negates the KHL contract, Holland should NOT sign Hudler for ANYTHING over $1.5M JUST IN SPITE! Holland needs to finish up his roster right now before there is nobody left (worth having.) The Detroit Red Wings franchise is the most loyal and rewarding franchise in sports today and Hudler turns around and does this to it? f*** YOU HUDLER! If this guy gets anywhere near the Red Wings it'll be the biggest travisty in recent history!

Hey Hudler, I know you have no sense of humor and can barely talk, but can you think? Can you add? What, do you want $5M per season from the Wings? What, do you want them to trade Filppuila AND Kronwall just so you can have what you THINK you are worth? Take a look at what Hossa signed for in Chicago, that my friend is $5M per season, prorate that to what your stats are, you get about $1m! God Damn I cannot stand players that are out to rape a team! Whatever happens between the KHL and NHL and at the arbitration hearing, Holland should just tell Hudler goodbye, we don't need me first players like you on this team. BTW, Hudler, its true we won a Cup without Hossa, but I got a feeling we would have won it without you there as well...

I never liked this guy, but could never explain why, now its starting to show that I was right with my feeling about him...

No way this happens. Homer, El Capitan, Lebda, and Maltby are all UFA at the end of next season. There is no way the cap will grow unless the economy shoots to the high heavens. There is no way he could come back and get anything more than he would get this year. (We have to remember Buttman hates the Red Wings and will do anything to f*** them over. This is why the cap will probably just stay where it's or decrease)

I feel stupid for reading that. Bettman isn't going to build his cap policy decisions based strictly on screwing the Wings. Take off the tin foil.

No way this happens. Homer, El Capitan, Lebda, and Maltby are all UFA at the end of next season. There is no way the cap will grow unless the economy shoots to the high heavens. There is no way he could come back and get anything more than he would get this year. (We have to remember Buttman hates the Red Wings and will do anything to f*** them over. This is why the cap will probably just stay where it's or decrease)

Besides Nick who there is coming back? Lebda maybe if he isn't traded? Nick most likely will take a lesser contract if he stays... Lets say Homer comes back, it will not be for 2.25 mil... Maltby I do not think they bring back... and if they do he will be cheap... Lilja is off the books also, if he is not traded before... Wings will have more room next year then this year... Even if the cap shrinks...

Yeah that is what I was wondering, the restricted status makes it easier for the KHL to poach RFA players from good teams because they won't have to worry about a cap or about giving up compensatory picks. Teams are going to get pissed after a while, developing players and then losing them to a league that is not bound by the same restrictions they are. I mean just the tax free part alone makes it much easier to get some of these guys. Also, in my opinion, it is going to make the stock of Eastern Europeans drop in the draft because of the risk that the team develops them and then loses them for nothing.

Yeah that is what I was wondering, the restricted status makes it easier for the KHL to poach RFA players from good teams because they won't have to worry about a cap or about giving up compensatory picks. Teams are going to get pissed after a while, developing players and then losing them to a league that is not bound by the same restrictions they are. I mean just the tax free part alone makes it much easier to get some of these guys. Also, in my opinion, it is going to make the stock of Eastern Europeans drop in the draft because of the risk that the team develops them and then loses them for nothing.

It already has, wasn't it like 7 Russians drafted this year? Swedes are on the rise, and Russian players on the decline...

Let me see if I get this straight. Hudler left and people here were upset (at least some people) because that's more production and skill on the ice that we lost. The NHL might negate the contract he made with the KHL because it was shady or some such thing and now that he could be coming back to Detroit.......people don't want him because he left for more money.

Same s*** as with Hossa. You wanted him gone after the playoffs, he leaves, you get pissed and start bitching about why he left. You people amaze me. Players you couldn't stand during the season, never had anything good to say about and wanted traded/released/shot at dawn every other game pick up stakes and move on to some place else and you all get your knickers knotted over it. MAKE UP YOUR MINDS. You can't have it both ways. If you want them gone and they leave, that's the final say. You don't get to be upset about it.

I for one hope Hudler comes back because we can use him.....he has usefulness to us. If the contract is negated and Kenny works something out with him, you'll just have to get over it.

Edited by Electrophile

Let me see if I get this straight. Hudler left and people here were upset (at least some people) because that's more production and skill on the ice that we lost. The NHL might negate the contract he made with the KHL because it was shady or some such thing and now that he could be coming back to Detroit.......people don't want him because he left for more money.

Same s*** as with Hossa. You wanted him gone after the playoffs, he leaves, you get pissed and start bitching about why he left. You people amaze me. Players you couldn't stand during the season, never had anything good to say about and wanted traded/released/shot at dawn every other game pick up stakes and move on to some place else and you all get your knickers knotted over it. MAKE UP YOUR MINDS. You can't have it both ways. If you want them gone and they leave, that's the final say. You don't get to be upset about it.

I for one hope Hudler comes back because we can use him.....he has usefulness to us. If the contract is negated and Kenny works something out with him, you'll just have to get over it.

i just dont want anybody playing for this team that doesn't want to be there. i grew up watching and idolizing steve yzerman (like many of us), who set the example of hardwork, loyalty, and class. so yeah, i guess my expectations for the people who play for the red wings are pretty high. i'm used to them wanting to be in detroit (crazy enough), and staying because it's a professionally run organization that is dedicated to winning. and if players, people who get paid to PLAY HOCKEY (i dare you to argue this point to people who love the game and get paid 28k a year to teach children), don't want to play in a professional organization dedicated to winning because they can make 1-3 million dollars more elsewhere, i don't have any allegiance to them.

i'd rather be mediocre with heart than good on paper with people that aren't trying their asses off.

There's no shame in wanting money. It's the beauty of this capitalist paradise we call America.

I don't really care why he left or why Hossa left.....I don't hold it against them. The great thing about the Red Wings though is that 99.9% of the team doesn't feel that way and is willing to take pay cuts to stay here. It's why we love them.

That said, if the consensus amongst the people who know better say that Hudler provides this team with something they cannot replace right now, and they sign him......I trust the people that know more than me.

Now, Beth. You're talking sense. Stop it.

Hudler wants to play in Det, but knows we can't afford him. The KHL can. He files for arbitration to keep other teams away whilst he makes his decision. He makes it and is ready to go. Unfortunately, the NHL files its grievance. Now we're handcuffed until this whole thing gets sorted out. We can't just say bye-bye, but we can't count on him.

What a mess.

The funny thing is, that Huds could really be doing the Wings a favour by easing the cap situation we find ourself in. If he gets a raise to say $2.5m+ then Kenny and Co have got

allsorts of maths to work out. By going to the KHL for 2 years he helps out. He may even

have sorted out coming back after his KHL stint for the agreed abitration fee. I don't know

how all these things work, if you ask me we could do without all these agents in all sports!

We have a big problem over here with the soccer players, the agents get 10% of a sale fee

so the more players they can move the better off they are £ wise, not sure if it works like that in the NHL, NBA, MLB and NFL but it causes alot of unrest over here.

If they make Huds stay will he really be in it 100%? Sooner him be where he really wants to be than have a unhappy camper in the locker room. Arbitration set for the 30th, so we'll have to wait till then unless Kenny can get something sorted before then.

Now, Beth. You're talking sense. Stop it.

Hudler wants to play in Det, but knows we can't afford him. The KHL can. He files for arbitration to keep other teams away whilst he makes his decision. He makes it and is ready to go. Unfortunately, the NHL files its grievance. Now we're handcuffed until this whole thing gets sorted out. We can't just say bye-bye, but we can't count on him.

What a mess.

Understatment x2. I hope that Kenny & Co. can get this squared away in due course.

Dunno why the NHL is up in arms over this?...They had no problem poaching players from eastern Europe, but now when the tables are turned - all bloody hell breaks out :thumbdown:

I say the NHL should keep it's nose outta the KHL's business; if Hudler, or any other player wants to play in what many would consider an inferior league for more $$$ - then let 'em go, and wish them well.

They both signed a "no poaching" agreement a year or so ago and this violates it.