• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Frozen-Man

NHL asks IIHF, KHL to negate Hudler's KHL Contract

Rate this topic

Now, Beth. You're talking sense. Stop it.

Hudler wants to play in Det, but knows we can't afford him. The KHL can. He files for arbitration to keep other teams away whilst he makes his decision. He makes it and is ready to go. Unfortunately, the NHL files its grievance. Now we're handcuffed until this whole thing gets sorted out. We can't just say bye-bye, but we can't count on him.

What a mess.

I respectfully disagree. I think Hudler files for arbitration because he doubts the Wings can match it and he becomes a UFA. If he wants to keep other teams away he just tells his agent "I don't want to sign any offer sheets" and that's that. You don't file for arbitration just to keep other teams away.

Either way, I don't want him back anyways but he definitely put the Wings in a bind for whatever reason he decided to file arbitration and then leave to Russia. Maybe he couldn't make up his mind which is also not a good excuse. I see nothing showing all this great loyalty on Hudlers part with his actions.

Edited by tux

I respectfully disagree. I think Hudler files for arbitration because he doubts the Wings can match it and he becomes a UFA. If he wants to keep other teams away he just tells his agent "I don't want to sign any offer sheets" and that's that. You don't file for arbitration just to keep other teams away.

Either way, I don't want him back anyways but he definitely put the Wings in a bind for whatever reason he decided to file arbitration and then leave to Russia. Maybe he couldn't make up his mind which is also not a good excuse. I see nothing showing all this great loyalty on Hudlers part with his actions.

Right in theory, wrong in practice -- players file for arbitration as a concession to the GMs, showing their intentions to stay with a team. It is often the first compromise in bargaining. GMs love to have RFAs sign for arbitration because they can rest easy knowing said player will not be tempted by any offers.

Ok, still haven't got a response to this question.....

If we do indeed lose Hudler; Are we at the point where we HAVE to sign a Free Agent or can we just stick with what we have an save the Cap Space for a Deadline deal or something like that????

Right in theory, wrong in practice -- players file for arbitration as a concession to the GMs, showing their intentions to stay with a team. It is often the first compromise in bargaining. GMs love to have RFAs sign for arbitration because they can rest easy knowing said player will not be tempted by any offers.

I agree 100% except for the fact that he signed to go to Russia. To me, he was not happy about his playing time and I am guessing not happy about Filppula's contract compared to what he was offered.

If he hadn't signed to go to the KHL I would definitely think he's doing it out of loyalty also but the way he's going about things I can't see anything but selfishness and going after the money and playing time. Which I have no problem with except when people talk about how loyal he is.

Ok, still haven't got a response to this question.....

If we do indeed lose Hudler; Are we at the point where we HAVE to sign a Free Agent or can we just stick with what we have an save the Cap Space for a Deadline deal or something like that????

If we lose Huds, and if Lilja is healthy, and if we play Meech as a forward, and if Abby stays up, then we have enough bodies to fill a 21-man roster.

Whether or not it is the best team we can ice is the big question. Meech as a forward does not make me feel confident at all. At the very least, we need another forward. It would be nice to get two, but the cap will probably prevent that unless we get 2 guys for minimum or near that.

Forwards: Cleary, Hank, Dats, Homer, Leino, Helm, Drapes, Malts, Abby, Flip, Mule, Meech (12)

D-men: Raf, Lids, Kronner, Lilja, Stuie, E, Lebda (7)

Goalies: Ozzie, JHo (2)

Holland has said he is looking to move a d-man after camp. If Lilja is healthy, that is sure to happen. If not, and Lilja can remain on LTIR, then they may not be able to trade one.

The Hudler situation is killing us in 2 ways: We can't go out and sign someone until we know what we have for cap space, and we don't know how many people we're going to need.

The Hudler situation coupled with the Lilja situation makes this a nightmare for Kenny.

My hope is that Kenny is as humanely possible proceeding as if Hudler is gone.

5 mil tax free. Closer to home. Top-3 ice time. No way in hell Huds would get top-3 ice time in Detroit. He'll get top-6 shifts every now and again but then proceed the next 18 and a half games on the 3rd line. If I were him and had this deal in front of me the last thing I'd be worried about would be the opinions of some couch potato fans and the first thing I'd be worried about would be how to get Simona that diamond engagement ring she's wanted.

Guest micah
The reason Huds is going to Russia is he didn't want to play anywhere else in the NHL, but Det couldn't pay him what he was owed.

The Wings owe Hudler something?

If we lose Huds, and if Lilja is healthy, and if we play Meech as a forward, and if Abby stays up, then we have enough bodies to fill a 21-man roster.

Whether or not it is the best team we can ice is the big question. Meech as a forward does not make me feel confident at all. At the very least, we need another forward. It would be nice to get two, but the cap will probably prevent that unless we get 2 guys for minimum or near that.

Forwards: Cleary, Hank, Dats, Homer, Leino, Helm, Drapes, Malts, Abby, Flip, Mule, Meech (12)

D-men: Raf, Lids, Kronner, Lilja, Stuie, E, Lebda (7)

Goalies: Ozzie, JHo (2)

Holland has said he is looking to move a d-man after camp. If Lilja is healthy, that is sure to happen. If not, and Lilja can remain on LTIR, then they may not be able to trade one.

The Hudler situation is killing us in 2 ways: We can't go out and sign someone until we know what we have for cap space, and we don't know how many people we're going to need.

The Hudler situation coupled with the Lilja situation makes this a nightmare for Kenny.

Thanks for clearing that up. I want to be able to bring up as many AHLers as we can that we feel are ready. I'm still up-in-arms about Meech. It may work with him as a forward if Lils is healthy. Another thing I don't understand is why we may trade a D-man after Training Camp when we may lose Lidstrom or another D-man to retirment or something like that after this coming season. We should just stick with what we have and if we need to sign another forward that's fine but I don't see a reason for trading a position you're going to need to fill a season after.

I sure hope they can clear this thing up with Hudler becasue like you said the Huds with the Lils situation would be hard for any GM to have to deal with. Holly might be able to handle one situation or even one at a time but this not knowing and for so long is probably torture. This mess is going to need to be cleared up ASAP.

Hudler was a better player than what the Wings used him as. I cant argue with his decision.

-Agreed.....argue with his decision, no.....but I can still be pissy! LOL!

He proved he was....and at only 25......has plenty of time to develope defensively......a few hours in the gym a day isnt that hard......