• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
crazy13

With Franzen gone, who would you trade for now?

Rate this topic

I think the cap space freed up by Franzen needs to go toward shoreing up the D. Ship Lebda and Meech off, waive them, whatever. Sign someone worth a damn.

Otherwise, the forwards seem fine for now. I like the idea of more space for younger guys. Maybe we'll see more GR kids rotated in over the next 4 months.

I dunno guys.....call me a pessimist, but I see the Wings having a LOT of trouble winning games throughout October. It might get so bad that Holland becomes pressured to make a move.

I'm not gonna sugar coat it. We've looked AWFUL the first three games. We blew in Sweden and escaped with a win (thanks to one of Ozzy's best games) on Thursday. This is absolutely the last thing we need. This season isn't looking too good at this point.

I dunno guys.....call me a pessimist, but I see the Wings having a LOT of trouble winning games throughout October. It might get so bad that Holland becomes pressured to make a move.

I'm not gonna sugar coat it. We've looked AWFUL the first three games. We blew in Sweden and escaped with a win (thanks to one of Ozzy's best games) on Thursday. This is absolutely the last thing we need. This season isn't looking too good at this point.

I totally agree w/ the bolded part bro. I don't know how the Wings won that game. Actually they almost didn't deserve to if you watched the first 30 minutes of it.

The Wings could be in big trouble, or they could play around it.

I don't see Holland getting his hand forced (in a trade). He'd make a move much sooner than that to avoid any unfairness (lack of a better term). He's just that good.

I doubt it. Shanny was cut by the Devils because he didn't want to play on their fourth line. If he can't make the top six on a team as offensively starved as the Devils he's got no chance here.

I love the Shanny that played in Detroit, but the current guy is an elderly shadow of his former self. I'd have no problem signing him as a depth guy on the bottom two lines, but it seems that he's not happy playing that role.

The differance is the Devils have no shot at winning the cup. Would shanny put aside a limited role for a chance at another ring is the question.

The differance is the Devils have no shot at winning the cup. Would shanny put aside a limited role for a chance at another ring is the question.

I don't see Detroit being that team that is just so good that they are a Shanny away from winning the Cup. Especially after reaching the Finals 2 years strait!

Shanny to retire. That's my guess.

Guest Crymson
Exactly; reality is that Franzen could be back in 4 months if it were a partial tear of the ACL thus intensive rehab could see the Mule back sometime mid February...That though is the positive/optimistic side...The realistic/pessimistic side of the coin is that the tear will require surgery, and alot of therapy; looking more or less 6 months easy - if not 8 months before he's ready.

The rehab period for knee ligament injuries is patient-specific. There's not really a template.

Shanny could definitely fill the PP hole left by Franzen.

I swear, some people on these forums seem to be living in a time warp. SHANAHAN IS NOT THE SAME PLAYER HE WAS FIVE YEARS AGO.

I want Frolov really bad. His cap hit is 2.9 million so that would even leave us plenty of money to trade lebda for a stay at home defenseman to pair up with Ericsson.

zetterberg-datsyuk-cleary

leino-filppula-frolov

bertuzzi-helm-williams

maltby-draper-holmstrom

may-eaves as extras

lidstrom-rafalski

kronwall-stuart

ericsson-o'donnell/hnidy/someone

meech 7th dman

You're missing something important, namely that YOU'D NEED TO TRADE PLAYERS TO GET FROLOV.

Edited by Crymson

I hate to sound realistic, but we're likely to have other injuries at forward between now and the end of the season when Franzen comes back. There's no way everyone else will stay healthy.

Thus, Holland has to make some kind of move eventually.

Guest ZetterbergFourty
I'd really like to see Forsberg if he's healthy enough to go. That would be fricking TIGHT.

Forsberg-Zetterberg-Cleary

Bertuzzi-Filppula-Datsyuk

Helm-Williams-Leino

Abdelkader-Draper-Meech

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Stuart-Kronwall

Ralalski-Kindl

Scratches - Maltby, Holmstrom, Lebda

I'm quite confident Forsberg would tell Detroit to piss right off at a contract offering. Could be wrong, but I dont see it happening.

How about we just wait and see if Bertuzzi plays well enough... He won't necessarily be looked at as highly as Franzen, but with Franzen out he will be looked upon as more reliable to the team's success. If Bertuzzi plays alright, we're good.

Pessimist

The wings installed a lot of confidence in me yesterday with a very good performance against the Capitals... They looked solid defensively and and looked to control the play most of the game... I think these new lines looked real good with Zetterberg and Datsyuk together... so we got out to a bad start in SWEDEN where half of our team is less focused because of the excitement of playing for their families.. Ozzie has played good the last two games and we seem to be improving every game in all areas (i.e. pp and pk)... Lets not forget we still have 2 of the top forwards and 3 of the top defenseman in the league.. We are still a good team and will win games, all theses people just need to calm down and stop acting like we are so TERRIBLE now... come on people

Forsberg has stated on several occasions that he won't sign in Detroit because of the rivalry between them and Colorado. Said he'll "feel like a traitor"

Sorry, I searched everywhere but couldn't find a link to back up that statement.

Forsberg has stated on several occasions that he won't sign in Detroit because of the rivalry between them and Colorado. Said he'll "feel like a traitor"

Sorry, I searched everywhere but couldn't find a link to back up that statement.

The rivalry is dead now.

Guest ZetterbergFourty

Anyone remember the 2002 WCF? Where did 1998 come up in this?

Forsberg is done anyhow, so no point in going on about it. Not signing in Detroit.

Guest Crymson
Crymson it's called trading prospects and picks. Not all trades have to involve players on the active roster

Do you honestly think we have any prospects and picks for whom LA would be willing to trade Frolov? The Wings would be able to pull it off only at the cost of totally bankrupting the team's future. Bear in mind, too, that Detroit's first round picks are rarely worth that much; they're always late.