• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
crazy13

With Franzen gone, who would you trade for now?

Rate this topic

We have Franzen's 5.5 mill to play with.

What about Forsberg and convince Sundin to come out of retirement.

Swede Swede Swede

Forsberg - Forsberg has said Detroit isn't an option for him on numerous occasions.

Sundin - Sundin turned down a trade to Detriot a few years ago.

I'm telling yah, Alex Tangauy is a real viable trade option.

Forsberg - Forsberg has said Detroit isn't an option for him on numerous occasions.

Sundin - Sundin turned down a trade to Detriot a few years ago.

I'm telling yah, Alex Tangauy is a real viable trade option.

But why? Soft, and not exactly a goal scorer, Tangauy's a play maker. If Shahanan isnt an option, I'd rather the Wings sit and see what they got in Eaves, Abdelkader and Helm.

I want Frolov really bad. His cap hit is 2.9 million so that would even leave us plenty of money to trade lebda for a stay at home defenseman to pair up with Ericsson.

zetterberg-datsyuk-cleary

leino-filppula-frolov

bertuzzi-helm-williams

maltby-draper-holmstrom

may-eaves as extras

lidstrom-rafalski

kronwall-stuart

ericsson-o'donnell/hnidy/someone

meech 7th dman

Not going to happen w/ the way LA has been playing and that Frolov Smyth line is pretty damn good right now!

But why? Soft, and not exactly a goal scorer, Tangauy's a play maker. If Shahanan isnt an option, I'd rather the Wings sit and see what they got in Eaves, Abdelkader and Helm.

Because he'll put up 20 goals for yah, possibly 25-30 with Datsyuk, and once Franzen comes back he can shuffle between 2nd and 3rd lines.

Wings will have only about $2.7 mil to "play with" if Franzen comes back at the end of February. This is CAP RELIEF NOT "cap space". So they can sign someone to take Franzen's place up to the relief amount they will get. But with Abby called up it will eat away at that relief amount. So realistically the Wings could sign someone for about $2 mil. And when Franzen returns they have to immediately comply again with the cap.

I don't think the Wings will sign or trade for anyone unless they have difficulty winning.... so might not be for another month or so.

Edited by Icesurfer

In all seriousness, it wouldn't hurt to give Sundin's agent a call. Not likely we could offer enough to get him, but it's worth a shot.

Other than that, not sure there's any FAs left that I'd be interested in, and no trades (realistic ones, anyway) right now.

The only type of player I think we should go after is a guy with a rep for being a really hard worker who drives to the net and scores goals. Honestly, we have enough 4th and 3rd liners and reclamation projects. We need a bona fide 2nd liner to replace Franzen, unless Leino can fill that void. The Wings won't make a move until they have to, after they see what Abdelkader and Leino can do. So we're look at a month minimum before a move is made, in my mind.

We're all hoping that Helm, Leino and Abdelkader will step it up, and I have every faith they may. But realistically it's unlikely they'll all have amazing breakout seasons rivaling Datsyuk's early years. Leino is the closest to NHL ready and we'll see what he can do. But there might be injuries, pressure, streaks, anything that could throw them off. The team needs a backup plan and I'm sure Holland has one, or is devising one.

I'd really like to see Forsberg if he's healthy enough to go. That would be fricking TIGHT.

Forsberg-Zetterberg-Cleary

Bertuzzi-Filppula-Datsyuk

Helm-Williams-Leino

Abdelkader-Draper-Meech

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Stuart-Kronwall

Ralalski-Kindl

Scratches - Maltby, Holmstrom, Lebda

You are a moron.

True - even though Holland said he won't be signing Shanny - I'd love to see him in Detroit for his final season...There's still some gas left in the tank for #14.

Meech is only in his mid 20's... he has plenty left in the tank. :hehe:

Seriously though, Shanny is not what the Wings need.

The guys on NHL on the Fly were saying they are expecting Abdelkader to step up and fill in!! LMAO! I think the Wings will be looking at, oh I don't know, Bertuzzi/Flip/Cleary/Homer/Leino to step up in the scoring department before Abby!

Abby is one of the last players I expect to step up and help fill the VOID of Franzen. Mind as well as count on Draper and Maltby to keep up their scoring pace in that case.

In their defense, one of the guys did mention Leino as a guy who has to step up big time. :D