• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

If only ONE trade is made this year

Rate this topic

I wish I could believe Holland would make a move, or two ie Sutton, or Witt, but I just don't think anything will happen...A healthy Franzen returning late in the season will be our so called addition to the team.

It will kinda be like when we enjoyed our free agent signing day in the middle of the year opposed to July 1. I mean, Holland said it more times then I care to remember, so maybe he'll take that angle with Franzen's return as well - you know, to justify the fact we probably won't do anything to the teams overall look.

Ilya Kovalchuk. :cool:

In the real world I'd guess maybe Alex Tanguay.

I'd hope to add a 5-6th D, but I don't see the Wing's doing that unless we get another big injury on D. And a goalie isn't going to happen unless it's a 1-2 year left veteran.

could have signed him, I was laughed at for mentioning him, now we're gonna trade assets for him?

could have signed him, I was laughed at for mentioning him, now we're gonna trade assets for him?

Sorry for not anticipating the injuries this season... I didn't think we needed his scoring but seeing the start of this season it looks like we could benefit from his play.

Lehtonen=Disaster.

If we were going to go this route, we mine as well package Toskala too.

I would rather take our chances with either of the guys from GR then Lehtonen.

Lehtonen is waaaayy better than Toskala. Don't even compare those two. Lehtonen is injury prone but still one of the most underrated goalies in the league.

I'm reallly interested to know why there isn t any one of you who don't think Kaberle could be a viable option.

Don't forget, we'll have the cap space, next year's market will be quite dry, and we'll have a lot of salary off the books for next year. More important, Holland would be willing to improve our defence and Kaberle would be a great asset. Burke could let him go, and the maple leafs will probably want to have again a 1st round pick.

Remember, the Chelios trade wasn t also expected at all...

I'm reallly interested to know why there isn t any one of you who don't think Kaberle could be a viable option.

Don't forget, we'll have the cap space, next year's market will be quite dry, and we'll have a lot of salary off the books for next year. More important, Holland would be willing to improve our defence and Kaberle would be a great asset. Burke could let him go, and the maple leafs will probably want to have again a 1st round pick.

Remember, the Chelios trade wasn t also expected at all...

he's been tearing it up over there, mentoring Hedman and Burke is on record as saying that the greatest move he made, was not trading Kaberle - he's not going anywhere....

Does anyone know the contract status of some of the rougher defenseman in the league like Matt Walker or Vandermeer? Or maybe James wisneiwki or Boynton?

I don't see any of those guys being moved... they're all thought of too highly on their clubs and would require more than we'd be willing to part with - the most realistic of them would have been Walker, but I'm not sure Holland would want a long term contract, esepcially with Kindl in the waiting...

Lehtonen is waaaayy better than Toskala. Don't even compare those two. Lehtonen is injury prone but still one of the most underrated goalies in the league.

exactly - his biggest problem is his durability, but with an expiring contract, if it doesn't work, let him walk at season's end... I think it'd be a safe, high payoff gamble to take if it worked...

on another note, Biron would be a nice option as a backup as well...