• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

cusimano_brothers

He really didn't say that, did he?

Rate this topic

If there was a black african playing against you, and you told him to go back to africa, it would definitely be Considered Racist. If it was an African American and you told him to go back to Africa, it would be considered racist. If someone told me to go back to England, or Ireland, or france, or Scotland, Or Poland, Or Ukraine, or Russia, Or Germany (all my nationalities) It wouldn't bother me at all. Probably would make me smile. If someone called me a Frog, and told me to hop back to Quebec (I live in ontario, but am Part French Canadian), I would either smile, or chirp back with something. In no way, shape or form would I be legitimately offended by it.

We live in a society with Double Standards up the Wazoo. They are trying to eliminate those Double Standards. Instead telling the people that get offended to learn how to not let other people's remarks affect you, the way you live, and who you are, And grow up learning in school how to deal with life, we've decided to go the other way, and not let anybody say anything that could possibly be taken as offensive by anyone ever.

Everybodie's entitled to their opinion...you can probably tell what mine is. I think it's so split down the middle between what direction this should be taken, that there'll never be an agreement as to what's right and what's wrong. The Side that's louder and complains and protests more will always win.

Good god some of you are slow. The difference between the two that in America black folks (African Americans as you like to call them) were brought here against their will in shackles and chains, only to be bought and sold into slavery.

The double standard only exists in the heads of ignorant and bitter folks who are so unhappy with some facet of their life that they project stupid ass arguments like the one you pose.

Racism:

1.) a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

http://www.aolsvc.merriam-webster.aol.com/dictionary/racism

I don't think this was racist, but it could probably fall into the discrimination relm though. Either way, this is very over blown.

Yeah, Beezer dropped an "N" bomb towards his captain Trevor Daley during an argument, I can see why he stepped down the next day.

This is just another dumb rule from David Branch and the OHL, which can be added to the long list of bad decisions that the league makes every year.

Guest Four
And yet he used it in a derogatory way. Call it what you want, I think the suspension is correct.

Go back home.

..No, I don't really see what's so bad about telling someone to go home / to go to their homeland

I don't see how you find it strange that a person is suspended for racist comments?

Europe actually does not have it's own race. That was a nationalistic comment. Only North America (minus Mexico) is so uptight that there would be a suspension handed down for a nationalistic comment like that. Canada seems to go way overboard with Political Correctness. Ridiculously so.

I keep my insults to lesser things than that

And yet he used it in a derogatory way. Call it what you want, I think the suspension is correct.

See, if its not derogatory, you really don't have an insult there, now do ya? See how that works.

Start at the 9 minute mark with Guiseppe Yakeveta and just watch the last 40 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER6YfWt8HQk...feature=related

"The '90s are killing me! You're not suppossed to tella guy you're gonna kill him no more. I gotta tip toe through the tulips with these assholes. It's taking all of the fun...outta the job."

Edited by T.Low

Boys and girls, do you really think that, "I told him to go back to Europe," said Broussard, is what Broussard actually said? I would hazard a guess that this is the watered down version

for the press and the actual remarks are unprintable. Now do you get it? I surely don't have to spell it out for you!

Edited by Andy Pred 48

Boys and girls, do you really think that, "I told him to go back to Europe," said Broussard, is what Broussard actually said? I would hazard a guess that this is the watered down version

for the press and the actual remarks are unprintable. Now do you get it? I surely don't have to spell it out for you!

after reading the thread, i think you may have to spell it out for them..lol

It's not racist, but it's discriminatory... sure makes you feel like sh*t to be singled out and looked down upon for things you don't have control over. On top of that, it's applying a bunch of stereotypes, as in someone from Sweden is soft and can't take a hit. Stereotypes are no fun when people try to force them on you.

Having said that, people say much worse on the ice regarding one another's wives, girlfriends, etc... so I don't know if that kind of punishment was warranted.

How's the view from up there?

Thing's said on the ice shouldn't be taken literally. In the heat of the game thing's happen especially when your that age, it's a good lesson for the kid getting insulted not to lose his composure, because in every aspect of life their are going to be people trying to distract you.

My brother is mentally handicapped and playing locally when I was young it was a hot topic to make fun of him. Did I let it bother me? Nope, I ignored it and scored goals and shoved it in their face. I didn't look for the refs to worry about what the mean kids said to me.

x2

Things get said in the heat of the battle that for the most part can't be taken seriously off the ice.

Guest Four
maybe he said something about the quality of an ikea product he recently bought, and the goaltender became extremely offended?

LOL!

"You're NA-produced goalie stick is made better than my ******* IKEA shelve you Swedish bastard! Go back to Sweden and fix it NOW!"

He said something worse than what he was quoted as saying. It was "discrimination" most likely but a 5 game suspension is pretty bogus. A fine, maybe. Un-sportsman-like 2 minutes more like it.

On the one hand I am kinda glad it's being taken into consideration- anyone remember when Euro players could get hacked & whacked regularly for being from Europe and nobody cared? At least now their only slightly shunned in the media.

Waa, waa. I've been made fun of for various things throughout my life. Put up with it, it makes you a stronger person.

I rarely get made fun of anymore, probably because people know I don't give a s***. OTOH, if they insult my girl or my family, they will see a side of me they don't like.

I am speaking of OFF the ice, btw, if people talk smack on the ice I just throw them on their ass (without taking a penalty, of course ;-).

:blink: ummm.... i'm not sure you're helping

just sayin' it like it is...

this whole suspension is absurd... especially for the comment given...

"I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

I wonder how many games that would get someone?

It's not racist, but it's discriminatory... sure makes you feel like sh*t to be singled out and looked down upon for things you don't have control over. On top of that, it's applying a bunch of stereotypes, as in someone from Sweden is soft and can't take a hit. Stereotypes are no fun when people try to force them on you.

Having said that, people say much worse on the ice regarding one another's wives, girlfriends, etc... so I don't know if that kind of punishment was warranted.

That's when a real man goes to work. He can: (a) ignore it because it's a lame-assed attempt to throw him off his game, or (b) grow some balls, get mad and notch your game up to make the moron eat his words. Or punch him in the face.