• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/12 GDT: Canucks 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Flu bug hits Chris Osgood, Kirk Maltby; Red Wings recall Daniel Larsson

By George Malik

November 12, 2009, 12:21PM

The Red Wings can't seem to catch an injury-related break, sniffles included, as noted by the Detroit News's Chris McCosky:

November 12, Detroit News: Wings goalie Chris Osgood and forward Kirk Maltby have the flu and will miss Thursday night's game against the Vancouver Canucks at Joe Louis Arena.

Jimmy Howard, who was in goal in Wednesday night's 9-1 victory over Columbus, will start against the Canucks. His backup will be Daniel Larsson, who was called up from Grand Rapids.

Drew Miller, picked up on waivers Wednesday, will replace Maltby on the fourth line with Justin Abdelkader and Brad May.

is this the wings first back to back game this season? besides sweden?

id like to see how they are if this is..i think they should be pretty fresh, since alot of our top players didnt play full mins last night

none the less lets get another win! and alittle consistance

Edited by brett

I know this gets asked every game, but I haven't been happy with ADthe's feed. Does anyone know of a place that will be streaming the game that maybe won't suffer from extreme lag and freezing? I know Justintv is the other big one, btu that one usually has lag, I think.

I know this gets asked every game, but I haven't been happy with ADthe's feed. Does anyone know of a place that will be streaming the game that maybe won't suffer from extreme lag and freezing? I know Justintv is the other big one, btu that one usually has lag, I think.

Speaking of streams, anyone who has beforehand a good stream for the game, you can go ahead and private message me with the link and I'll include it in the GDT so that those who need one can simply refer to the first page of the GDT instead of having to ask in the middle of the game.

I am real excited for tonight's game because I won suite tickets from the official Red Wings twitter for making a video saying why I was an Yzerman fan! There will be updates on the official twitter from me and the other winners, and now I am just about freaking out because of their latest tweet saying "be on the lookout for surprises!" I can only guess that the surprise might be haha.

Anyone else from here lucky enough to be one of the other winners?

You can follow the tweets on here if you'd like:

http://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings

Anyways my prediction is a Wings win 5-2!

Goals from Dats x2, Helm, Lidstrom, and Bertuzzi

Go Wings!!!!

First wings game of the season that I'm attending. 15$ student ticket = 15th row of the upper bowl at center ice :P

Hopefully they do a repeat of the CBJ game and give Jimmy some confidence. Hoping for a fight or two as well.

I am real excited for tonight's game because I won suite tickets from the official Red Wings twitter for making a video saying why I was an Yzerman fan! There will be updates on the official twitter from me and the other winners, and now I am just about freaking out because of their latest tweet saying "be on the lookout for surprises!" I can only guess that the surprise might be haha.

Anyone else from here lucky enough to be one of the other winners?

You can follow the tweets on here if you'd like:

http://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings

Anyways my prediction is a Wings win 5-2!

Goals from Dats x2, Helm, Lidstrom, and Bertuzzi

Go Wings!!!!

Awesome :cool:

Who will want this game more?

Wings in back to back games - tired? I don't think so, winning energizes you, they were having fun out there last night.

Canucks off an embarassing loss - hungry? I'm going to think their confidence is shaken and a bit intimidated with Wings off a 9-1 win.

Edge goes to Wings, 4-2 win for the boys in Red.