• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

thedatsyukian

Patrick Eaves Watch Thread.

Rate this topic

Eaves line is outstanding and I can't say enough about Eaves. Aside from Datsyuk, he was maybe the only other guy who made a difference on every shift in some way. Obviously, he does it in a different way, but he plays a fast, smart, skilled, gritty, two-way game. He does it all, and he does it well and he hustles his ass off. He just looked great out there and that line is without a doubt our hardest working, most energetic line. Datsyuk made his line look great because that's what Datsyuk does, but you can put a lot of guys with him and it'll work out like that. This Eaves, Draper, Helm line is nickname worthy. You can't screw with it. They look great out there.

I want Eaves to retire a Wing. Signed and sealed. He has absolutely won me over.

Oh, and he also has one of the best attitudes of any of the guys. I love hearing him in interviews as you can just tell he doesn't minimize anything, he just keeps working and working and trying to improve. I LOVE IT!!!

We gave up 2 PP goals tonight, right? He wasn't on the ice for either, says something.

He was one of the rare players with a + rating.

Aside from being united by the Wings, I'm glad we can be joyous and excited about a player despite our differences about other players. And yeah, like I said, no matter when he was on the ice, he was doing something real good, making the most of every opportunity. He looked great on the kill tonight.

Updated his stats with a little extra this time. Sorry with school and work it's hard to update it after every game so I'll try to update after every 4-5 games.

Edited by thedatsyukian

He has a pretty hard shot, and I'd be willing to take him at the point on the 2nd PP unit ahead of Meech. He can't be much worse.

Ive never thought about this. But this is a great idea. Hes a right handed shot, which we are lacking at the point, epsically on the PP and his shot is hard. I think he has one of the quickest and suprising wrist shots in the league and his slapper is pretty good too. I think he would have been a good Williams replacement at hte point while he was out, i wonder why we never saw him there?

Eaves never saw time on the Powerplay because he is first and foremost a penalty killer. He's not the type of talent to be able to play a lot of minutes on the PP/ES/PK like a Datsyuk/Zetterberg etc.

That said I hope we can lock him up, he is playing great and provides great grit and depth. He's been a good story so far this year.

Eaves never saw time on the Powerplay because he is first and foremost a penalty killer. He's not the type of talent to be able to play a lot of minutes on the PP/ES/PK like a Datsyuk/Zetterberg etc.

How much talent do you need to be a serviceable right point man? Sammy did it and we hated his logo hunting. Eaves at least seems to know how to aim.

How much talent do you need to be a serviceable right point man? Sammy did it and we hated his logo hunting. Eaves at least seems to know how to aim.

Not so much that he can't talentwise, as much as his TOI would be better served on the PK and ES.

That said I hope we can lock him up, he is playing great and provides great grit and depth. He's been a good story so far this year.

I know his role on the team and all, i just figured that with all the injuries that he might of been a good substitute, espeically being right handed. Has anyone really been playing the role that they were signing up for at the beginning of the season? Not really. Just figured eaves might serve the team well at the point on the PP.

I want Eaves to retire a Wing. Signed and sealed. He has absolutely won me over.

I like him too, but retire as a wing? Uh, that's gotten us into enough trouble with our current over the hill grinders. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I'd settle for a 2- 3 year deal thank you very much.

The more I watch him play, the more I'm amazed in the Red Wing brass' ability to find diamonds in the rough and both amazed and grateful that no one else signed him... I think he'll be a Red Wing for a long time... and that, is a great thing.

Hopefully he can hit the 15 goal mark this season. I knew he was going to get his career going again with the Wings. Every game, he has several great scoring chances. Every time he scores a goal, he is always a hair away from scoring a second goal in the same game. Like I've said from early on, he could be a 20 or more goal scorer again. Just wait until he starts capitalizing on most of his chances.