• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

themule93

Should Datsyuk be Traded?

Rate this topic

To those honestly considering trading Datsyuk, I hope you have never ever once criticized a player's loyalty before (Fedorov anyone?)... An MVP caliber player who is committed to the franchise long-term, has helped us win two cups, and is a year removed from the finals.... and there is trade talk? Sheesh, talk about malcontents. 1 bad stretch in the guys career with us and he's suddenly Mr. Expendable.

the way i see it, 1 goal and 9 points in 16 playoff games at 6.7 mill a year is hilarious. 21 points in 28 games is just as unacceptable. we can all sit here and talk about what he has done, 194 points over the last 2 seasons is beatiful, but lets talk about what he is doing... counting last years playoffs datsyuk has scored 30 points in 44 games and that isn't superstar material imo but you never know, but i mean, since last years playoffs?

to the guy who wants to send datsyuk to the sharks.... think about it like this, would you want datsyuk on the sharks when he started playing more like datsyuk? or any team for that matter.

(even though there is NO WAY the sharks could ever make that work contract wise unless they gave up one of boyle/heaters/marleau/thornton which i dont see happening).

who the heck is granderson, i prob wasnt alive when he was traded lol

...Really???

Curtis Granderson....from the Detroit Tigers...Who was just traded to the New York Yankees...further cementing their run for next years Championship (Yes, i'm sorry folks...I'ma die hard Yankee fan lol)

...Really???

Curtis Granderson....from the Detroit Tigers...Who was just traded to the New York Yankees...further cementing their run for next years Championship (Yes, i'm sorry folks...I'ma die hard Yankee fan lol)

:( curtis. pissed about this so much.

No. Trading a guy who is capable of 100+ points while playing a stellar 2-way game all for $6.7 million because of a slow first quarter is a ridiculous idea.

He is not capable of 100+ points. He hasn't done it yet and is on pace for 67ish points.

Think of what we could get in return!!! Trade him to Buffalo for Tyler Myers imo.

No way trade datsyuk.. he is definetly capable for 100 point seasons... he's hit 97 twice. He's definitely played better this season than his stats show, and trading him just because of a slow 30 games is rediculous.. especially when half of our starters are injured and the rest of our team looks sub par. Though i think he can play a lot better than he is right now, he and zetterberg are the only players who consistently generate chances.

He is not capable of 100+ points. He hasn't done it yet and is on pace for 67ish points.

Think of what we could get in return!!! Trade him to Buffalo for Tyler Myers imo.

seriously guy, are you just trolling or not? Because the last few days you have made a ton of jack ass comments on here

seriously guy, are you just trolling or not? Because the last few days you have made a ton of jack ass comments on here

Maybe I'm just a jackass for not cheering for over-payed, under performing players then.

Guest Crymson
im not really sure which side im on, i like datsyuk but if we were going to trade him, shouldnt we do it while he had some value?

Go away.

Guest ZetterbergFourty

Datsyuk belongs in the same sentence as AO, Malkin, Crosby. Have you seen the YT's of just what Datsyuk can do with a puck?? 97pts (good for 4th overall last season I think?) Just because he's struggling a bit right now is no reason to go off and trade him. Nevermind the fact he signed a contract good through until the 2013/14 season. How about rethinking this game plan and working some of the dead weight into the mix? I dont think he's gonna be going anywhere.

Thinking who the Wings could get for him.. probably a couple 20-30 goal scorers and some picks.