• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

themule93

Should Datsyuk be Traded?

Rate this topic

Guest ZetterbergFourty
lets trade him for hossa!

yeah im joking, trading him would be dumb.

:lol: Hossa aint worth it.

Guest Crymson
Hossa would be more valuable to the team than Datsyuk.

I think everyone has caught on to what you're doing. It's getting old.

I think everyone has caught on to what you're doing. It's getting old.

I believe the Red Wing's would benefit more from having a 40+ goal scoring winger then a 90+ point playmaking center.

This is one way to activate the schtick:

Plus, Hossa performed so well with Crosby in the 08 playoffs and somehow looks average with Datsyuk as his center. This of course speaks to Datsyuk's... uh... 'uneliteness.' He doesn't have the courage or 'steadfastness' to play with some real effective 'strategery.'

Guest Crymson
I believe the Red Wing's would benefit more from having a 40+ goal scoring winger then a 90+ point playmaking center.

What's this that belongs to Wing?

As a fan of the Red Wings, I say no way in heck can he be traded. The Red Wings are like a family and if they dump Datsyuk now while he is slumping, it ruins the family atmosphere and reputation. The organization would have zero credibility in any future negotiations with rfa or ufa talent. I think, as bad as this might get flamed, give 3-4 games off. Remember, its not like we have really been winning with him in the lineup so resting him, and giving him time to clear his head might be good.

From a business perspective trading Datsyuk would be difficult. The first reason would be that he is slumping. Another team would only trade for Datsyuk right now if they thought they could somehow end his slump. Which probably in all honesty require a team with top level talent, and how many of those teams would have the cap space? Second is cap space, a team trading for Datsyuk would most likely be sending a player back with a similar cap hit, diminishing the talent on the team he goes to. Third a slumping Datsyuk in a trade is not going to fetch a talent that could replace him. Realistically, there are only a hand full of guys who could replace his two way skill. Fourth is the fact that when trading him you eliminate half the league as trading partners b/c no way in heck Ken Holland ships Datsyuk to a Western Conference team.

Yes, getting rid of Datsyuk when he's having a bad streak is a good idea. Then again, maybe we should trade Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Cleary, Franzen and Rafalski for some draft picks. Say, second or third round. Are you freakin' insane? What a totally ridiculous waste of thought processes to even bring this up. The only people having bigger brain farts right now are the ones agreeing with you (yes, I saw you Carman!).

lump me in with the group that thinks trading datsyuk is just dumb. i am all about calling out players and not being a homer, but c'mon he is still an elite player in this league. sure his playoffs weren't the best last year, but he was nominated for the f***ign hart trophy, what else do you people want? he's still a plus player and on pace for over 60 points even with a below average start. i will take that when several key forwards have been out for large chunks of the season.

there are too many trolls on this site. it drives the post quality way, way down.

Guest Crymson
Someone said that Hossa wouldn't be worth it. And I disagreed.

I was referring to your excessive and unwarranted use of apostrophes.

Edited by Crymson

Wow. I just skipped to the last post and decided to post this. Is it possible to ban someone who decides to post such a stupid topic??? I am only guilty of of reading the topic, none of the threads.

Doubt it. But eventually the mods or someone somewhere will come up with a way to mitigate those who like to hang their hats on a "special" schtick. Maybe slap a label on their signature or something that brands them as an idiot.

Doubt it. But eventually the mods or someone somewhere will come up with a way to mitigate those who like to hang their hats on a "special" schtick. Maybe slap a label on their signature or something that brands them as an idiot.

If that happens, then please let me know. I can be quite creative :)

If that happens, then please let me know. I can be quite creative :)

I actually think it's a decent idea. Or at least one that can lead to a better one. Why can't there be a way for members to see a warning signal? Something that could tell them, "Oh he's just trolling, I won't waste my time with a response."

People posting these type of topics need to be smacked. The last time I checked this forum there were talks about trading Osgood, Draper, Larsson, Kindl, Lebda but I never thought I would see a thread about trading Pavel Datsyuk. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! How can you even be allowed to return to this forum? Do you just create threads to see how many replies you will get? Good lord...

I would consider something like Roy + Myers for Dats or Bergeron + Lucic for Dats... Still I think we are better keeping him.

This season I red at least three interviews where he said he is feeling exceptionally tired. I know he is getting 6.7M per season, needs to earn his money and that stuff but... It just happens. He'll be much better by the end of the season.

I actually think it's a decent idea. Or at least one that can lead to a better one. Why can't there be a way for members to see a warning signal? Something that could tell them, "Oh he's just trolling, I won't waste my time with a response."

The funny thing is, even if you were labeled a troll like that, people would still bite.