• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pavel Hossyukstrom

Who sucks more?

Rate this topic

Leino or Kopecky  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who exactly overrates him? I think here in LGW he's almost underrated. Every loss is his fault and even if he just plays a normal game like the likes of Helm and Abdelkader (maybe they hit more, but they also turn the puck over) he gets all the blame.

i am not blaming anything on him (and maybe your just biased because your from Finland) but i believe that while sometimes he does cycle the puck good he does get nocked off the puck more times than he comes out with it and that is called a turnover he is a big body who lacks a physical presence because he is not sturdy on his skates. he does have good hands but in the NHL you need to have more than just hands you need to have all the entangables that the finnish elite leagues just dont have.So to answer your question i do not believe he is underrated he is overrated

Bert has picked it up quite a bit so he can't be the whipping boy. Howard has been great as of late so he's no longer on the list.

Ozzie, Ralphi and Lebda have been whipped to death so it must be Leino's turn.

I must have missed something. Why would a Red Wings fan start a thread titled "Who sucks more" unless it included guys on other teams?

i am not blaming anything on him (and maybe your just biased because your from Finland) but i believe that while sometimes he does cycle the puck good he does get nocked off the puck more times than he comes out with it and that is called a turnover he is a big body who lacks a physical presence because he is not sturdy on his skates. he does have good hands but in the NHL you need to have more than just hands you need to have all the entangables that the finnish elite leagues just dont have.So to answer your question i do not believe he is underrated he is overrated
You know what, that's a good argument, but I'm not. I've been a fan of this club at some level since -99 when I was still a kid. I'm not saying Leino is better than he really is, or that Helm is worse. I'm just hoping that Leino does well and I know he has the potential. You could as well be biased yourself.

I actually asked who overrates him here. Losing a puck in the opposition corner is always better than center trying to be a playmaker with no skills and passing it right to the enemy in the middle.

I think it's important to remember that Leino is a freaking rookie and is playing against NHL top 2 lines. That's not easy for a rookie to do. I think Leino is going to be more effective when we get our 1st and 2nd line guys back and he can play against NHL 3rd and 4th lines. He's not Toews, Kane, or Tavares. We need to get used to that.

Kopecky (although people on here were way to hard on him for a dirt cheap 4th liner).

At least Leino has the potential to be a genuine NHL player and put up points. Right now his confidence is lower than a snakes belly.

Who exactly overrates him? I think here in LGW he's almost underrated. Every loss is his fault and even if he just plays a normal game like the likes of Helm and Abdelkader (maybe they hit more, but they also turn the puck over) he gets all the blame.

Although Leino hasn't met offensive expectations I'd almsot tend to agree that he is underrated. despite being soft on the puck at times and having his rookie struggles he does show glimpses of what he is capable of doing. Right now hsi confidence is down and he's got to work through the slump. It's tough for offensive point producers when they're not scoring.

Although Leino isn't undersized I don't thnk it's fair to call him a big body at 6'1 and 190 lbs. There definitely are some players in this league at that size that play a big, strong game but there are a ton at this size that don't as well.

That being said, I don't think you can even compare Leino and Kopecky. In 46 career games Leino has scored 8 goals and put up 7 assists for 15 points. Last year he made beans and this year he is making 800k. Kopecky, in 215 NHL games has put up 13 goals and 22 assists for 35 points. Granted he was a 500k player last year but he now makes $1.2M/yr. Kopecky has been in the league for say 3.5 years while Leino really has about half a season under his belt. Kopecky has consistently underachieved and never had the kind of potential upside that Leino still has. In my opinion at least with Leino we've seen glimpses of what he could become and if he can work his way out of this slump, regain soem confience and bulk up in the off season I still believe he can develop into a very solid 2nd line guy while I can't see Kopecky ever becoming more than the 4th liner he currently is. Even if I were to give him the benefit of the doubt Kopecky will never get passed the 3rd line.

Therefore, Leino > Kopecky

That being said, I don't think you can even compare Leino and Kopecky. In 46 career games Leino has scored 8 goals and put up 7 assists for 15 points. Last year he made beans and this year he is making 800k. Kopecky, in 215 NHL games has put up 13 goals and 22 assists for 35 points.

Kopecky has consistently underachieved and never had the kind of potential upside that Leino still has. In my opinion at least with Leino we've seen glimpses of what he could become and if he can work his way out of this slump, regain soem confience and bulk up in the off season I still believe he can develop into a very solid 2nd line guy while I can't see Kopecky ever becoming more than the 4th liner he currently is. Even if I were to give him the benefit of the doubt Kopecky will never get passed the 3rd line.

Most of Leino's offense (last season) came playing in a top-two lines role with an elite center. Kopecky was given a two-game stint on Zetterberg's line and scored a shorthanded goal and put up 3 assists, while being a +4. I have a hard time believing that Kopecky wouldn't be able to put up 15 goals and 30-40 points if he were given the role Leino has had.

Hockeysfuture rates Leino as a 7.5B, meaning he'll probably be a good second-line forward in their opinion. Kopecky was rated a 7.5C, meaning he had the same kind of potential but was thought to be less likely to pan out. But remember something important; Leino is only 20 months younger than Kopecky, so his "upside" and "future" don't mean much compared to Kopecky's, given their level of play compared to the kind of players they were supposed to be.

A 26-year old Kopecky last season was better than Leino, who is 26, has been this year. Take from that what you will.

A 26-year old Kopecky last season was better than Leino, who is 26, has been this year. Take from that what you will.
As said earlier: this is not last year. The whole team was better in every aspect. And Leino is younger now than Kopecky was last year. 20 months is almost 2 years.

What star players though? On here if you criticize Lidstrom your on permanent ignore.

Sir, I am reporting you to the moderator for even mentioning the subject of a criticism of Lidstrom. Tread carefully young man!

Most of Leino's offense (last season) came playing in a top-two lines role with an elite center. Kopecky was given a two-game stint on Zetterberg's line and scored a shorthanded goal and put up 3 assists, while being a +4. I have a hard time believing that Kopecky wouldn't be able to put up 15 goals and 30-40 points if he were given the role Leino has had.

Hockeysfuture rates Leino as a 7.5B, meaning he'll probably be a good second-line forward in their opinion. Kopecky was rated a 7.5C, meaning he had the same kind of potential but was thought to be less likely to pan out. But remember something important; Leino is only 20 months younger than Kopecky, so his "upside" and "future" don't mean much compared to Kopecky's, given their level of play compared to the kind of players they were supposed to be.

Kopecky had numerous opportunities on the Blackhawks this year on the top 6, and he couldn't handle it. Now he's in the doghouse getting 4th line minutes.

Kopecky had numerous opportunities on the Blackhawks this year on the top 6, and he couldn't handle it. Now he's in the doghouse getting 4th line minutes.

Numerous?

Kopecky has played 13+ minutes exactly four times this season. Every time, he was 7th among Hawks forwards in ice time, serving as the third-line center.

He has not once been given top-six ice time, and has rarely seen playing time with guys like Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, or Versteeg. He has not been given even a single chance to play as a top-six forward, let alone numerous times.

As said earlier: this is not last year. The whole team was better in every aspect. And Leino is younger now than Kopecky was last year. 20 months is almost 2 years.

Leino is 8 months younger than Kopecky was last year. Does that make the fact Kopecky was a more effective player at both ends any less true? Leino has been given a far greater opportunity than Kopecky ever had, and Leino has done squat with it.

Leino is 8 months younger than Kopecky was last year. Does that make the fact Kopecky was a more effective player at both ends any less true? Leino has been given a far greater opportunity than Kopecky ever had, and Leino has done squat with it.

Is your argument that Kopey has out-produced or has better upside than Leino? Factor in minutes per game/shift/Babcock aneurysm as that works you up.

Really?

I think it's important to remember that Leino is a freaking rookie and is playing against NHL top 2 lines. That's not easy for a rookie to do. I think Leino is going to be more effective when we get our 1st and 2nd line guys back and he can play against NHL 3rd and 4th lines. He's not Toews, Kane, or Tavares. We need to get used to that.

Agreed. I'm liking the calm, reasonable Jake Ryan much more than the one who blamed high gas prices on Holmstrom.

Kopecky was supposed to hit more than he did. He was supposed to bring more to the table than he actually did. He was also drafted 38th overall. I think ppl had a bit more expectations from him. Leino on the other hand did great in the SM-Liiga before coming here and ppl had expectations from that. We gotta keep in mind that Leino has yet to play a complete season on North American ice with last year and this year's games put together.

Although Kopecky has showed flashes of good potential in the past, Leino has already shown much more in the little time that he has been with us. I think those of us that watched him in the preseason and earlier on this season in that line with Flips and Williams, we've seen what he could be capable of bringing. Also, he has made some given Zetterberg some great chances when they played together.

He has not been playing his A game and we all know that he can do better but if you look at the entire roster, I'm sure the same thing could be said about most players at the moment.

That being said, if he could maybe add a bit more physical play, be more responsible on the defensive end and find his scoring touch, he could become one hell of a hockey player. Call it a late bloomer if you will.