• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pavel Hossyukstrom

Yay! we're 28th in offense

Rate this topic

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm?fetch...ewName=goalsFor scratches head I know I didn't expect this team to not socre as much this year but this is ridiculous even with the injuries. Certainly even fluke games happen once in awhile. Even teams like Toronto and NYI can pot more the 3 goals once in awhile. This is getting pathetic!

We have one of the worst if not the worst offensive rosters in the league right now. It's hardly surprising that a team with only one first line player can't score goals.

Edited by thedatsyukian

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm?fetch...ewName=goalsFor scratches head I know I didn't expect this team to not socre as much this year but this is ridiculous even with the injuries. Certainly even fluke games happen once in awhile. Even teams like Toronto and NYI can pot more the 3 goals once in awhile. This is getting pathetic!

It's almost over. The boys are coming back!

With all the injuries and the fact Detroit has essentially played with a bottom-dweller cap number for most of this year so far (around $35m) I am pleased with where they are in the standings.

I don't understand I don't understand I don't understand I don't understand I don't understand

I don't understand I don't understand I don't understand I don't understand I don't understand

I don't understand I don't understand I don't understand I don't understand I don't understand :flush:

I'm not worried. Wings have Cleary, Zetterberg, Ericsson (and probably Kronwall) coming back in around the time to start January. Cleary is expected to play after next game.

I'm not either I just don't get it. when was the last time the wings were 28th in offense this deep into the season? And if it wasn't for the 9 goal game against Columbus we'd be dead last right now.

I feel like they've had absolutely no luck, even aside from the injuries; even bad, absolutely overmatched teams score stupid, lucky goals through screens and off accidental deflections. I guess Bert's 2nd goal the other night qualifies, but they've been very few and far between.

Oh well. The fact of the matter is they've been successfully hanging around with three 4th lines and one line that MUST score 2-3 goals a game for them to have a chance to win. Getting Hank, Dano, Nik back will be an unbelievable boost.

I'm not either I just don't get it. when was the last time the wings were 28th in offense this deep into the season? And if it wasn't for the 9 goal game against Columbus we'd be dead last right now.

What's not to get? They have no offensive punch right now due to injuries. It's pretty simple actually.

What's not to get? They have no offensive punch right now due to injuries. It's pretty simple actually.

Agreed. Tonight Flip had a great pass to a Wings player breaking to the net... and it was Kris Draper. Not a knock on Drapes, but it was a great play, he's just not a great finisher.

Datsyuk is really our only star forward right now, and though he had a couple good games lately, he's been invisible more than he's been a force out there like he was last season.

Oh I get it. We suck along the boards in either getting the puck out or keeping it in the offensive zone. It was brutal to watch believe me. We suck at blocking shots. Nobody wants to do it often enough. And we DON'T HIT!!! anymore. And when they attempt to it seems they miss the player more often than not. The 07-08 team was hitting everything that moved. Also during that February 08 from hell I don't recall the offense sucking this much. And as far as I'm concerned injuries at this point are just an excuse. Also this team can't finish at all. It's ******* horrible. The only bright side is Howard and Bertuzzi who are the only players carrying the team right now.

Edited by Pavel Hossyukstrom

I agree. We're really, really, starting to feel the effects of Franzen being gone. In times like this, it's no wonder our most prolific scorer is a big bodied, soft handed guy like Bertuzzi. Franzen is pretty much a much much more effective type of Bertuzzi.

Datsyuk does need to step it up though, he doesn't seem to have that same threatening mentality he used to. He's making more and more errant passes, and for the type of money he's making, he needs to be a leader and put the puck in the net. Same goes for Lidstrom and Rafalski, one from the point on a PP would be great now and then, they've certainly dried up too.

Let's hope things turn up.

Oh I get it. We suck along the boards in either getting the puck out or keeping it in the offensive zone. It was brutal to watch believe me. We suck at blocking shots. Nobody wants to do it often enough. And we DON'T HIT!!! anymore. And when they attempt to it seems they miss the player more often than not. The 07-08 team was hitting everything that moved. Also during that February 08 from hell I don't recall the offense sucking this much. And as far as I'm concerned injuries at this point are just an excuse. Also this team can't finish at all. It's ******* horrible. The only bright side is Howard and Bertuzzi who are the only players carrying the team right now.

First off, what do blocking shots and hitting have to do with a direct and painfully obvious lack of offense? No one is complaining about a lack of energy and bad defense. This team is working hard and playing well defensively.

I thought the board work was fine. They just aren't generating any decent scoring chances, shooting the puck, and going to the net. These are all things that offensively gifted players do, night in-night out. The Wings are missing Zetterberg, Franzen, and Kronwall, to name a few.

Also, when Abdlekader is centering your 2nd PP unit, with Meech on defense, it's hard to justify that injuries are NOT a legitimate excuse.

I agree with you about Howard though. An extremely bright spot.

Edited by rick zombo

Guest Shoreline

Who cares about these numbers. The Wings are hanging in there given the extremely tough circumstances.

When Z, Cleary and Kronner step back on the ice in mid january... I want to hear Thin Lizzy's 'Boys are Back in Town' played LOUD, and we have to score 5 goals... minimum.

For a team that is half AHLers and half role players, we've been doing pretty well. The problem is that the West this year is scary.