• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bdavis

Anyone here ever see the Stanley Cup in person?

Rate this topic

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

My next door neighbor works for the Pens so he got the cup over the summer...I wish I could have seen it under better circumstances.

I saw it in June of '97 when Stevie Y brought it to Birch Run, MI for the grand opening of what was then known as the "NHL Skate @ Birch Run" (now the Birch Run Expo Center). Saw it there, but no touch. Also saw the Conn Smythe trophy and I think there was another 1 or 2 trophies there as well.

Then a couple of seasons ago I got to see (& touch) it in Saginaw, MI at a Saginaw Spirit game. I think it was the year they had the OHL All Star game in Saginaw. Got my pic taken while touching it. It was cool.

I happened to be with a couple of friends at a bar/club in Orange County, back in 2007. We were pretty intoxicated, when Pronger, Getzlaf, and a couple of others walked in. I told them congrats, I was a Wings fan, and the Anaheim still sucked. It was loud, Pronger barely made out what I was saying, and had a strange look on his face, as I touched the Cup and walked away. I told Getzlaf, "enjoy it while you got it, cause it's your last"! I believe he heard me, but not quite sure.

Good drunk times!

I saw and got a picture with it at the USHL All-Star game two seasons ago. I hit a deer on my way home from work (in order to pick up my wife), drove through one of the worst blizzards of the year, but still made it to the game. Worth every bit of it to actually see it in person!

I saw it at last year's USHL all-star game in Sioux Falls. As a season ticket holder for our team the Stampede, I got in early to see it. There was still a really long line. I got to see it very briefly, my buddy had his Avs jersey on and I had my Yzerman jersey on and we got a pic seperate and one together with it. I wish I had more time to look it over, but there was a huge line behind us and it was only available for a little while longer so they were moving us through pretty quick.

From Toronto Star :

The Stanley Cup is back where it belongs after it was misplaced by an Air Canada employee Sunday.

CBC reported Monday that a new employee accidentally shipped the Cup from Newark, N.J., back to its home in Toronto. The intended destination was a charity event in Vancouver.

I've seen it twice. The first time was back in maybe 1994 or 95 at Westland mall. I remember some kid in an Avalanche jersey walking past the line of people waiting to have their picture taken with it. You can imagine at the time he almost incited a riot. The second time was when Carolina won it. Chad LaRose brought it to the Compuware Sports Arena, that time I actually got up enough courage to touch it.

Thursday night 1/14/10

Mike was terrific and the honor for my customers, and my family to have Lord Stanley visit our humble shop in the south of Texas can not be matched. It does hold 14 cans of beer.....lol

We are grateful for the opportunity.

I happened to be with a couple of friends at a bar/club in Orange County, back in 2007. We were pretty intoxicated, when Pronger, Getzlaf, and a couple of others walked in. I told them congrats, I was a Wings fan, and the Anaheim still sucked. It was loud, Pronger barely made out what I was saying, and had a strange look on his face, as I touched the Cup and walked away. I told Getzlaf, "enjoy it while you got it, cause it's your last"! I believe he heard me, but not quite sure.

Good drunk times!

If you weren't so tall, Pronger would have likely fought you.

That's funny s*** that you said that to them, though.

I've seen it twice. The first time was back in maybe 1994 or 95 at Westland mall. I remember some kid in an Avalanche jersey walking past the line of people waiting to have their picture taken with it. You can imagine at the time he almost incited a riot. The second time was when Carolina won it. Chad LaRose brought it to the Compuware Sports Arena, that time I actually got up enough courage to touch it.

In 1994 I'm sure an Avalanche jersey would have started a riot...people wondering what the heck that weird jersey was of some non-existent team. Surely you mean 1996+. ;)

Yes. At Jimmy Devellano's apartment in Detroit. He invited us over for pictures and drinks with the cup in '98. I was 17, and we had the cup there along with several of his rings from the NHL, and AHL. Cool little piece of hockey history he shared with us that day. Mr. D is a great guy. Thanks Dr. O'Malley.

Edited by babygorilla

Saw it, touched it and got a picture.

Live and in person at the Gaylord (now Sommet) Center in Nashville.

It all happened during the '03 draft while the wife and I watched the Wings draft the "Goalie of the Future", Mr. Jimmy Howard.

Edited by FireCaptain

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Twice. Once at Ken Holland's house (lives next to a good friend in Northville) in 2002 and after the 2008 Cup run I saw Franzen (he lives on the other side of my sub at Northville) having a barbecue and showing his neighbors.

I saw and got a picture with it at the USHL All-Star game two seasons ago. I hit a deer on my way home from work (in order to pick up my wife), drove through one of the worst blizzards of the year, but still made it to the game. Worth every bit of it to actually see it in person!

You almost saw it at the JLA two years ago too, from what I remember.

:hehe: