• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shaman

Lilja Potentially Close to Returning?

Rate this topic

This idea is incredibly exaggerated, generally not true, and it's really getting old. Just another cliche with no merit on the message board these days...

"It would cost us points..." "It would cost us points..." "It would cost us points..."

Lots of things cost us points!!!!!!! I guarantee you that there's no statistical substance to suggest that this theory is really true, especially when we're talking about a 3rd pairing defenseman!

Considering that Lebda has supposedly cost us every point we've lost this year, I thought it was a fair statement. And when games are so close and a guy hasn't played hockey in a while it very well could end up making the difference in a game or two.

...and I agree, there is no statistical substance to suggest that Lilja would cost us points. It could be difficult to come up with those stats, seeing as how he hasn't played. That makes it kind of hard to know just how good or bad he'll be.

But my apologies. I will try to keep my writing less cliche. :rolleyes:

Edited by Zetts

I guarantee he meant Kronwall.

If so I had no idea that it was important that Kronwall had gone without having any headaches at all for more than a week. Mickey also said that.

He was most definitely talking about Lilja. If he'd mispoken, wouldn't Ken have corrected him?

EDIT: Crap. Just read the Holland statement. I'm hoping that some of you are right and that Holland just doesn't want to spring it yet.

Meanwhile, .... :crybaby:

Edited by Vladifan

I saw the deal with Mickey during the game as well, and I can also say that there was no way Mick was talking about Kronwall, for reasons stated above. He circled his picture on the tellustrator (sp??) I definitely remember that.

I agree, with the cap situation that's going to be coming up very soon, I think Mickey just let the cat out of the bag that Holland wasn't ready to acknowledge- there's going to HAVE to be some roster moves soon whether or not Lilja returns. The whole deal with Lilja suddenly feeling better- that's what he's been waiting for all this time and it's very possible he does.

One thing I saw back on page 3 (I think) of this thread was also a very viable question- Lilja's not played in a long time and, jmo, could benefit from a conditioning stint in Grand Rapids to get back up to speed. Practice just isn't a game.

I'm assuming Mickey talked with Lilja and he mentioned something during conversation that he could be back soon. Mickey is going on Lilja's word, which based on Holland's quote hasn't been stated by an official doctor, so Holland is playing the safe route and saying he hasn't heard anything. Or so I think.

The next interesting snippet on the docket is gonna be what Mickey (and Ken?) say about Mick's statements last night. Will he backtrack? Will he (they) ignore it? You can bet one way or another the Wings' PR proclaimers are hard at work. :deal:

Say Lilja comes back and has a decent playoffs... how much and for how long do they resign Lilja for?

dude at this point he will probably never come back. His head seems f***ed. Has there ever been a case when you had a concussion that lasted a year?

If Mickey talked to him at 6:00 last night and Lils said it to him that's good enough of a source for me.

The way things stand right now, I agree. I can't believe Mickey would make a statement like that unless there was truth behind it. If anything, whatever comes next, I think the PR peeps will be covering Holland's butt.

Me thinks Mickey had a brain fart, and meant Kronwall.

No biggy - Mickey you still da Man :thumbup:

Uh, considering they SHOWED LILJA'S PICTURE, I imagine the whole staff must have had a brain fart...

No, he meant to say Lilja.. and, while I don't know if he's right, the only thing keeping Lilja out of games for the past 5-6 months were the headaches... the second they stopped he was going to try and come back... seems pretty likely that it would be a spontaneous announcement like this if he were to come back.

dude at this point he will probably never come back. His head seems f***ed. Has there ever been a case when you had a concussion that lasted a year?

It has happened many times in the NHL. Liljas case is just more than a simple concussion, his condition is much worse. Lilja has had blood clotting in his brain, and it seems that may be going away. I am not a doctor or anything, I just know that there were many issues with blood clotting in his brain for the past few months.

Edited by cjm502

I want Lilja back so bad I can taste it. (Caramel with a hint of vanilla, if you must know.)

However, there was the screen with pics of all of the players who are injured, and he talked about a couple, and then got all excited and circled Lilja and started talking about him. Ken didn't have anything to say. He didn't agree or argue. They never brought it up again.

I hope that this isn't the case, but I've noticed Mickey forgetting things. Ken usually corrects him and allows him to regain his composure with good grace, but still, if I remember things from Wings history that Mickey doesn't, perhaps our dear old Mickey is feeling his age.

He's had a very hard time health-wise lately, and when one reaches a certain age, that can have an effect on mental functioning.

I hope this isn't the case, and I'd much rather that he let the cat out of the bag before medical staff informed Holland, but I fear we may be saying good-bye to Mickey at some point in the not-so-distant future, at least in the booth.

I want Lilja back so bad I can taste it. (Caramel with a hint of vanilla, if you must know.)

However, there was the screen with pics of all of the players who are injured, and he talked about a couple, and then got all excited and circled Lilja and started talking about him. Ken didn't have anything to say. He didn't agree or argue. They never brought it up again.

I hope that this isn't the case, but I've noticed Mickey forgetting things. Ken usually corrects him and allows him to regain his composure with good grace, but still, if I remember things from Wings history that Mickey doesn't, perhaps our dear old Mickey is feeling his age.

He's had a very hard time health-wise lately, and when one reaches a certain age, that can have an effect on mental functioning.

I hope this isn't the case, and I'd much rather that he let the cat out of the bag before medical staff informed Holland, but I fear we may be saying good-bye to Mickey at some point in the not-so-distant future, at least in the booth.

No way. I think you are going too far w/ this. Mickey won't be leaving anytime soon.

No way. I think you are going too far w/ this. Mickey won't be leaving anytime soon.

I hope you're right. Really. I love Mickey, and my mom thinks he's handsome. He's kind of like the Uncle of the Wings family.

Mickey misspeaks all the time Ken almost never corrects him. He meant Kromwall.

No, he didn't. He had already discussed Kronwall *THEN* said what was amazing was *circles Lilja's picture* that Lilja is coming back and hasn't had headaches recently. So unless your argument focuses on Kronwall having headaches that keep him out of play *and* Mickey wanting to discuss Kronwall twice *and* him circling the wrong picture, you are wrong.