• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shaman

Lilja Potentially Close to Returning?

Rate this topic

Awesome just awesome!!

I really hope they don't trade Leino. I'd like to keep him around at least till next year.

I really see May being waived or sent down instead of Meech or Lenio like the MLive reports speculates.

So Mickey isn't the old senile man everyone thought he was, huh?

Yes, 55fan. I guess Mickey won't be leaving the booth after all!! :ph34r:

Maybe people should be more concerned with Holland not keeping tabs on the status of his players than blaming Mickey for being senile or an alchie.

I'm still under the assumption that Kenny was going to delay his return based on monetary (e.g. cap concerns), and Mickey accidently (or not) let the cat out of the bag early.

Maybe people should be more concerned with Holland not keeping tabs on the status of his players than blaming Mickey for being senile or an alchie.

Maybe Holland didn't screw up. Maybe he was just trying to delay the information to work out background details?

As for Mickey, I love the man but I gotta say there are times when he talks over the action about stuff that's not related. Or he interrupts something that I really wanted to hear being explained by either Ken or Murph. Or he indeed submits mistaken information that is corrected by the other two. Of course it doesn't happen all that much but it happens.

Lastly - he is indeed a very lovable, knowledgeable guy, but it's a logical thing to suggest that because of his age/physical condition, Mickey's days might be numbered.

Guest mindfly

So how will the cap go if lilja and franzen is on the team (plus williams, holmstrom, kronwall etc) ALL HEALTHY *knock on wood*.. how many trades/waives would they have to do?

So how will the cap go if lilja and franzen is on the team (plus williams, holmstrom, kronwall etc) ALL HEALTHY *knock on wood*.. how many trades/waives would they have to do?

Just glancing at CapGeek, it looks like we'll have a little under 2 mil to dump when everyone's healthy and Abdelkader gets sent down. Maltby's at 883k, Leino's at 800k, Lebda's at 650k, Helm's at 599k Miller's at 525k, May and Eaves are at 500k, and Meech is at 483k. No, I do not think Helm or even Maltby are going anywhere, I just picked every salary under 1M that wasn't Jimmy Howard.

My best guess is Leino, May, and Lebda are all on the short stick. One of the 800k salaries is going to have to go down or you'll have to handle 4 players moving, and it's either Leino or Maltby there. Still, that doesn't get you even half way to 1.9M, so Lebda's 650k have to be moved. There's 1.45M, and any of the 500k salaries would push us under the cap. From May, Eaves, and Miller, I'd put my money on May being the one waived.

Just from the math, I don't see Meech as being in too much danger due to his below league minimum salary. The only way he can get sent down/traded is if you substitute him for May, but that only leaves you with the minimum amount of D-men with 14 forwards, meaning May will be scratched 90% of the time, anyway.

There's always a possibility of trading a higher-value guy, but that's an even longer shot than trading/waiving Helm.

Edited for clarity

Edited by InKennyWeTrust

Great news, let's hope for 14 and many more headache free days.

Then let's hope for a late-season conditioning stint in GR not counting against the cap and a return that doesn't put us in cap hell. This would be HUGE for our defense come playoff time. Lilja's not a flashy-guy or a game-changer so much as one of those ultra-steady guys that can really help put you over the top when you've got some other things going right.

Today is the 13th day. If he makes it through tomorrow without a headache he will begin to be cleared. In Mickey I trust!

Edited by cjm502

Today is the 14th day. If he makes it through today without a headache he will begin to be cleared. In Mickey I trust!

And in Holland I, ummm, am not surprised.......the man's up against a hell of a cap. "Negotiating" is right.

dont get your hopes up. you never know what could happen if hes cleared for contact play. one hit and he could start having headaches again. but it would be AMAZING if he came back by the end of the season.

i forgot what the wings looked like without ledba or meech in the line up haha

What are the chances of someone picking up Lebda off waivers?

There's quite a few teams battling for a playoff spot who are giving up quite a few goals. Minnesota, Edmonton, Dallas, Anaheim (Scott Niedermayer's at -16), and NYI, just to name a few. Add to that the speed he's got and some of the nice plays he's made lately, and I'd say it's likely.

Also, it's possible that Atlanta may try to make a run at the playoffs. They're only 3 points out of 8th, and with any trade deadline talks likely centering around Kovy, maybe they pick up some guys off the waiver wire?

Guest Lidstromboli
There's quite a few teams battling for a playoff spot who are giving up quite a few goals. Minnesota, Edmonton, Dallas, Anaheim (Scott Niedermayer's at -16), and NYI, just to name a few. Add to that the speed he's got and some of the nice plays he's made lately, and I'd say it's likely.

Also, it's possible that Atlanta may try to make a run at the playoffs. They're only 3 points out of 8th, and with any trade deadline talks likely centering around Kovy, maybe they pick up some guys off the waiver wire?

so how does lebda help them