• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

dobbles

Leino to Flyers for Tollefsen and a 5th Rounder

Rate this topic

Can't wait to see who goes between Lebda and Meech. Or at least I hope it's one of those two.

I definitely am hoping they are both on the way out.

Only thing that surprises me is that we just signed him. Oh well. I am sure there are more moves ahead. I hope they keep Meech.

This is a horrible move, the wings should have gotten a whole lot more for him, atleast a 3rd. As for the D-man we got, 3 things

1. He won't make the wings any tougher if hes playing in grand rapids

2. The wings already have a log jam in Defense.

3. Hes nothing we don't already have, a pylon.

Merely a trade of convenience. We wanted to get out of Leino (cause he was a stiff) but couldn't send him down, they wanted to get out of their bad contract, we did both, cleared the space needed and Kenny got a little extra for his trouble. Nice move.

This is a horrible move, the wings should have gotten a whole lot more for him, atleast a 3rd.

Based on what?

As for the D-man we got, 3 things

The player is inconsequential. The trade was for cap space, whoever came back the other way wasn't going to see any play time regardless.

good trade. got a cheap, big dman that we'll never see and we got rid of an offensive talent that remains to be seen. Some players just dont excell in the Wings system. Robert Lang went from leading scorer to lazy and sucks...back to a decent 2nd line center after departure. Some guys just don't work out here. Glad we got wasted cap space gone..now on to Meech.

This is a horrible move, the wings should have gotten a whole lot more for him, atleast a 3rd. As for the D-man we got, 3 things

And they don't on forward?? :blink:

Well, that's all that matters in a guy, right?

I'm going to spend this entire thread lauding Kenny Holland for this move.

What a terrific GM he is. I'm very positive about this deal. Great job. :thumbup:

I did a dance when I saw this trade. An actual desk chair dance. :yowza:

Grand Rapids are already a very tough little team...this will just make them tougher. If TKO (thats his name now) can stay free of injuries and get a good run of play going theres no reason he cant be the 6th/7th Dman in Detroit.

First point, you could look at it the other way. If no one made an offer but the Flyers, and you turned it down, then the Wings wouldn't get anything for waiving Leino.

As for your points with the defenseman we got back... Don't even think of him as being a part of our team. He may be picked up off waviers, and the whole point of this is to get rid of salary.

Can't wait to see who goes between Lebda and Meech. Or at least I hope it's one of those two.

I am starting to think, it could be both of them. Janik may have proven himself to be more trustworthy then Lebda and Meech. Tollefsen could be the depth defenseman that allows them to push them both out the door.

I am starting to think, it could be both of them. Janik may have proven himself to be more trustworthy then Lebda and Meech. Tollefsen could be the depth defenseman that allows them to push them both out the door.

Watched Lilja for a little bit yesterday. He got some blocked shots on the PK. It was nice to watch. If both of those two were gone I would think that Janik would be their 7th defenseman. I don't know about TKO or whoever.

Nick-Rafi

Kronner-Stewie

Jonny-Lils

Dougie

:lol:

Dude, the Thrashers just traded one of the best offensive players in the last decade for nobodies.

Leino is a worthless player, and we got a guy in return who can actually do something right, unlike Leino.

Quit your whining and support your GM. He's smarter than you are you know. I just hate these posters who whine about every little thing Holland does or does not do.

So who will be the bottom pair when everyone is healthy?

Ericsson-Lilja?

Lilja-Janik?

Ericsson-Janik?

Lebda-Lilja?

Uhm

hopefully Babs will get smart and change up the D pairs. I would like

Lid-Ericsson

Raf-Kronwall

Stuart-Lilja

Minutes played would be on who is playing the best. Not really based upon being called the "3rd pair."

Why do people think we could of gotten more for Leino after his own comments in the press? He pretty much gave an insight on his work ethic when he does not think he has to battle for pucks. A 5th round pick for him is a good trade and way better then letting him go for nothing.

Now the next major questions for the Red Wings are is Lilja coming back and who is next in leaving us?