• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest blueadams

Is Babcock a bad coach!?

Rate this topic

It's not Babcock's fault.

God just won't let a team with so many douchebags win. Doesn't help that they have a full line of proffessional chokers.

:clap:

couldn't agree more, I like how everyone is saying the US won this game by a fluke, that's bulls*** the entire US team played their hearts out and came out with the win.

Miller was amazing, Falski was amazing, young fast talent, no egos, just playing for the Red White and Blue

But it is babcock's fault to play brodeur when luongo cleary is a better choice; Butterfly > Ortodox Mix

Careful now. It should not be seen as a "fault" - playing a goaltender like Brodeur. Certainly not a place to put blame for the loss. Had Luongo been injured, I assume you would be fine playing Brodeur? ... one might want a goaltender like Brodeur to play for your team in the olympics.

So no, it is not Babcocks fault for playing Brodeur, it's Brodeurs fault for letting in some soft goals when a net minder of his caliber should be playing incredibly solid. (at the least)

We'll see Luongo in the next game... it's not like Babcock has never switched horses half way. (Nashville 08)

Edited by RedWingedKitten

How can you lose to the u.s. with that kind of talent!? how can you let the swiss take you to the 5th shot of a shoot-out!? Their fourth line is arguably better than our 1st line. Babcock has arguably the best 22 players that have ever dressed together in his lockerroom...and he lets the swiss take him to a shootout...and he loses to the us!?

something is not right.

Canada is just overconfident and cocky. You see Crosby out there and you can tell he thinks that the rest of the team is screwing this up for him. You see half the team are playmakers and the snipers are all hogging the puck.

And you have Brodeur in net on a bad night.

Don't forget, Canada looked dangerous last night if not for Brodeur and their defense. But USA was just too hard working. They gelled well and chased down every loose puck. You could tell they wanted to send a message. You don't need a bunch of big name stars to play good hockey.

Although I was surprised by how awful both team's defense was. I don't think I've seen as many odd man rushes since an All Star game.

Edited by VM1138

Miller was amazing, Falski was amazing, young fast talent, no egos, just playing for the Red White and Blue

reminds me a bit of 1998... when no one was looking at the Czechs, who just out-worked everyone else. Add a spectacular goalie -- even wearing the same number -- coincidence? I think not -- :D And you have a recipe for Gold.

I would like to see this :usaflag: win the gold this time around. Yes, I would. :)

Edited by puckloo39

If Canada doesnt win gold (And theyre not done yet) Hockey Canada is going to have to think long and hard about sending more of a 'team' to the next Olympics.

Canada is loaded with susperstars who are forced to adjust their game and sometimes they just cant do it. These guys are ALL used to playing 20 min + every game, taking key face-offs and playing special teams EVERY time. They just cant do that here.

I look at team USA and a guy like Ryan Callahan. He was effective in last nights game because he skated hard and didnt try to get fancy. Canada needs some guys like that. I would love to see guys like Matthew Lombardi, Kris Draper, Brooks Laich or Trent Hunter get a chance for Canada. Stack the first two lines with Superstars and play them like you normally would in an NHL game but then use these hardworking guys to fill in the gaps.

The problem is that would take more balls than even Steve Yzerman has because the country would be in outrage. Just a thought on my part.

I don't think Babcock is to blame here, but Yzerman did make some poor choices.

I understand the need for veteran leadership and all that jazz, but Scott Niedermayer's play all season hasn't warranted being on this team and he looks completely out of place on the ice.

Pronger has been better in the NHL this year, but he's way too slow for the speed of the calibre of players in this tournament. They need to ride Weber, Keith, Seabrook & Doughty the rest of the way, spotting in Boyle. Pronger & Niedermayer need to stay on the bench.

More muckers, more grinders are needed up front. There's exactly three guys willing to go in the corners: Nash, Richards & Morrow.

So what happens is the puck goes in the corner and if one of those three guys isn't on the ice, the opposing 'D' simply goes back, gets the puck and brings it back out untouched.

That San Jose line is absolutely atrocious. Heatley is playing decently, but Thornton & Marleau are M.I.A., as is their reputation. Heatley looked a lot better in the brief moments that he was separated from those two.

A Shane Doan or Ryan Smyth or even a Milan Lucic would've been a huge step in the right direction in terms of adding a little heart 'n soul to this team.

What it is right now is a team of stars standing around waiting for the puck to come to them. Until some guys swallow their pride and start playing in the corners and mucking it up a bit, Canada will get destroyed by Russia. Hell, they probably won't have an easy time of it with Germany.

Edited by MacK_Attack

Guest Shoreline
How can you lose to the u.s. with that kind of talent!? how can you let the swiss take you to the 5th shot of a shoot-out!? Their fourth line is arguably better than our 1st line. Babcock has arguably the best 22 players that have ever dressed together in his lockerroom...and he lets the swiss take him to a shootout...and he loses to the us!?

something is not right.

Yeah he's about the worst coach ever. I also heard Steve Yzerman sucked too. He couldn't even put up the same amount of points at the end of his career as Gretzky could in the early 80s. We need to weed out the suckage from the NHL and olympics.

If Canada doesnt win gold (And theyre not done yet) Hockey Canada is going to have to think long and hard about sending more of a 'team' to the next Olympics.

Canada is loaded with susperstars who are forced to adjust their game and sometimes they just cant do it. These guys are ALL used to playing 20 min + every game, taking key face-offs and playing special teams EVERY time. They just cant do that here.

I look at team USA and a guy like Ryan Callahan. He was effective in last nights game because he skated hard and didnt try to get fancy. Canada needs some guys like that. I would love to see guys like Matthew Lombardi, Kris Draper, Brooks Laich or Trent Hunter get a chance for Canada. Stack the first two lines with Superstars and play them like you normally would in an NHL game but then use these hardworking guys to fill in the gaps.

The problem is that would take more balls than even Steve Yzerman has because the country would be in outrage. Just a thought on my part.

Darren Helm! Captain of Team Canada in 2014?

1. Pronger's had a terrible tournament. He's playing like a 6th d-man out there.

2. The top line has been suspect defensively. They were out there for the first three goals. I don't remember if they were out for the fourth or fifth.

3. Brodeur had a bad game.

4. Miller was brilliant-- he was definitely the best player on the ice last night.

5. Rafaslki's goals were incredibly deflating for the Canadians and it showed.

something is not right.

Also this isn't even close to being the best team Canada's put on the ice in the olympics. 98 and 02 were both superior teams.

Ryan Miller played great last night, but I think that is more of an excuse for Canadians as to why the lost. Yeah, he stopped 42 shots, but a lot of those were not scoring chances. From what I saw, it came down to Canada not finishing. The one play I remember was when a Canadian player (Nash maybe?) was right on the doorstep with the whole net to shoot at, but instead, shot it into Miller's foot. That was one of many missed opportunities. This win wasn't a fluke. The U.S scored when they had to. They didn't miss the open net they had when Marty pokechecked, they buried it. Shots on goal can be misleading. Yes, Canada controlled the puck more and had more shots. Yes, Canada has more skill than USA. But, USA finished, played a strong defensive game, and EARNED the win against the "mighty" Canadians--the players and the goalie. Babcock is not at fault for the lack of goaltending and finishing by his players.

If I had it my way yes!

Babcock has made some very poor decisions so far. He took Iginla off the top line the next game after he had a hat-trick, he failed to call a time-out late in yesterday's game, (total bonehead move) and an argument could be made that he should have pulled Brodeur after the third American goal. Brodeur crapped the bed last night and Babcock failed to act. He has also juggled the lines way too much (again, Iginla) and not allowed any chemistry to build. From a Canadian standpoint, we are in general not too happy with him. Sorry, but it's the truth. I know he has an impressive resume, but right now he isn't living up to it.

Edited by Chairman Maouth

Babcock has made some very poor decisions so far. He took Iginla off the top line the next game after he had a hat-trick, he failed to call a time-out late in yesterday's game, (total bonehead move) and an argument could be made that he should have pulled Brodeur after the third American goal. Brodeur crapped the bed last night and Babcock failed to act. He has also juggled the lines way too much (again, Iginla) and not allowed any chemistry to build. From a Canadian standpoint, we are in general not too happy with him. Sorry, but it's the truth. I know he has an impressive resume, but right now he isn't living up to it.

Many of those things would have been overlooked had Canadas big players (nearly the whole team) finished on their scoring chances.

Many of those things would have been overlooked had Canadas big players (nearly the whole team) finished on their scoring chances.

Exactly. Blaming the coach in this situation is a cover to protect the greatest players in the world from the scrutiny of not being so great. I mean, how did they almost lose to Switzerland? It's can't be the coach... it has to be the players.

Babcock must have strangled kittens in the offseason, because nothing can go right for him this year.

I also don't think it's his fault that these skilled players can't put the puck in the net enough. I blame Crosby for the loss. Guy was terrible in his own zone, and deflected a shot in his own net.

Babcock must have strangled kittens in the offseason, because nothing can go right for him this year.

I also don't think it's his fault that these skilled players can't put the puck in the net enough. I blame Crosby for the loss. Guy was terrible in his own zone, and deflected a shot in his own net.

Was he -3 or -4?

I think Iginla may be injured. He doesnt look like he has that snap in his step that he normally has. Could be the reason he was moved off the line.

Edited by UP2HERE

One thing doesn't excuse the other. Babcock has made some very poor choices. Not calling a time-out last night was a real head-shaker, as is the way he's utilized Iginla. He's juggled him around like a ******* ball, and has said he doesn't necessarily need Iginla scoring goals. I mean WTF? The he puts him (rarely) with Crosby and Nash and that line tears it up. He gave Iginla 8 minutes ice time in total with 6 of the minutes being in the third period when Canada was under the gun. I'm beginning to wonder if Babcock has suffered an undiagnosed stroke.

I think Iginla may be injured. He doesnt look like he has that snap in his step that he normally has. Could be the reason he was moved off the line.

That's been denied by all sources, including Iginla. Also, he didn't look injured in the last few minutes of last night's game. But hey, who knows. It's not like teams are forthcoming with injuries nowadays.

Edited by Chairman Maouth