• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

cupforwings

Hawks talk about possible 1-8 match

Rate this topic

It's a no brainer that they'd rather play Calgary and Nashville.

Not really fear, just common sense from their standpoint.

I didn't want us to face the Ducks last year in the first round either, as San Jose found out first hand.

Edited by GMRwings1983

those boys def dont want to play the wings first round or at any point in the playoffs thats for damn sure. When we come in as the 7 seed that wont be a fair representation of the quality our team has. i think the wings are gonna make some serious noise in the playoffs.

This is very exciting for me. It's bee a looong time since the Wings were in this position approaching the post-season. I feel pretty confident that the Wings will make it into the playoffs, and it will be so much sweeter if they go deep from the 6 - 8 seed position.

It would be like a great sports movie the Wings battle injuries and bad play all season long get healthy and sneak into the playoffs, upsetting teams and winning the Cup. I would love to see this happen and wait to see what everyone has to say, after hearing all these people say how the "mighty wings have fallen","time to rebuid" comments it would be sweet.

This is very exciting for me. It's bee a looong time since the Wings were in this position approaching the post-season. I feel pretty confident that the Wings will make it into the playoffs, and it will be so much sweeter if they go deep from the 6 - 8 seed position.

Crossing fingers for them to be seeded 5th

Crossing fingers for them to be seeded 5th

:rolleyes:

Are you kidding?

We still have to battle to get into the playoffs at all, and you're already talking about hoping that we'll finish 5th. We're like at least ten points behind 5th if not fifteen points behind.

As I said earlier, we're finishing anywhere from 7-9, and I'll take anything but 9.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4999454

Some of you may have seen this video already, but I found it pretty entertaining... especially the part where they talk about the possibility of playing the Wings in the first round. Do I sense some fear from Kane and Toews? :P

They should fear us. The Wings have a team full of Cup winners. The Hawks have yet to prove themselves giant slayers.

Are you kidding?

We still have to battle to get into the playoffs at all, and you're already talking about hoping that we'll finish 5th. We're like at least ten points behind 5th if not fifteen points behind.

As I said earlier, we're finishing anywhere from 7-9, and I'll take anything but 9.

We're five points out of 5th, four points out of 6th.

pretty funny interview they do not want to face the wings in the first round kane was dancing around the question. Don't toews me bro hate chicago but that is pretty clever toews is a world class player humble player and i respect the s*** out of that.

Agreed. Toews is a world-class player and the Hawks are lucky to have him... if this were a 1-8 or 2-7 match-up, it would be epic

They should fear us. The Wings have a team full of Cup winners. The Hawks have yet to prove themselves giant slayers.

They have Stanley Cup Champion Tomas Kopecky.

I saw it on their website at the beginning of the season, in big letters: The Chicago Blackhawks welcome Marion Hossa and Stanley Cup Champion Tomas Kopecky.

He hasn't had his annual season-ending injury yet. That's how he wins cups. We must hope he stays healthy or we are screwed.

/goofiness

It would be like a great sports movie the Wings battle injuries and bad play all season long get healthy and sneak into the playoffs, upsetting teams and winning the Cup. I would love to see this happen and wait to see what everyone has to say, after hearing all these people say how the "mighty wings have fallen","time to rebuid" comments it would be sweet.

That would be cool, but I don't think it is that much of a movie-esque thing at all. This season thats the Avs or Phoenix. Esepecially Phoenix if you consider how bad everyone thought they would be this year or the perceived sheer lack of talent. I believe I read something along the lines of "A team with Matthew Lombardi as their 1st line center is barely an NHL team" before the start of the season. They really don't have a single star w/ the exception of Bryzgalov. Just a lot of really decent players.

I'm not too certain that Detroit would be an underdog entering the playoffs with a complete lineup.

Edited by MidMichSteve

Guest DetroitBoy313

I don't sense fear from them at all.I think they respect the Wings,they may hate us a tad but also respect us at the same time.I have the utmost respect for these 2 fine young gentlemen.They're great hockey players on a good team.If they were on our team we'd love em.I think they're going to be stars in this league for years to come.Good for them.

I saw it on their website at the beginning of the season, in big letters: The Chicago Blackhawks welcome Marion Hossa and Stanley Cup Champion Tomas Kopecky.

He hasn't had his annual season-ending injury yet. That's how he wins cups. We must hope he stays healthy or we are screwed.

/goofiness

lol The same Kopecky who's only got his name on the cup because he played the requisite number of regular season games. :lol:

I don't sense fear from them at all.I think they respect the Wings,they may hate us a tad but also respect us at the same time.I have the utmost respect for these 2 fine young gentlemen.They're great hockey players on a good team.If they were on our team we'd love em.I think they're going to be stars in this league for years to come.Good for them.

If the Wings had the change to take Toews AND Kane or just Keith I'd still take Keith. That's how much better Keith is than those two.

And 3 points out of 9th.

Last week, after losing to Calgary people here were saying it's over, and now after beating Calgary, we're looking at the number 5 seed. Very comical.

Personally, I'm not too worried about Calgary. Of their remaining 13 games, 9 of them are against teams that currently hold playoff spots. I don't think they have it in them to run that gauntlet.

As far as reaching a number 5 seed.....it's not all that comical actually. 5 points is not a huge deficit to overcome by season end. The Wings had a 4 point swing just this past week in coming from behind Calgary in the standings and now putting 3 points between them.

I love the part where the reporter asked the dawg ... what's with the mouthpiece?

Thought Franzen taught him a lesson already but I guess he hasn't learned to kick the habit yet.

Hehe, that was my first thought too

Are you kidding?

Let me just sit back and appreciate this right here. GMR in his typically dickish attitude decides to rolls his eyes and be a dick but still be completely wrong. Awesome. Wanna start a discussion about enforcers now too?

It's not unfathomable that we could catch Colorado and LA, even Phoenix depending on how they finish the season. 15 more points would mean we'd be 1 point behind San Jose and leading the division.

/goofiness

You forgot to mention that they also have a stanley cup choker.

:lol:

Let me just sit back and appreciate this right here. GMR in his typically dickish attitude decides to rolls his eyes and be a dick but still be completely wrong. Awesome. Wanna start a discussion about enforcers now too?

It's not unfathomable that we could catch Colorado and LA, even Phoenix depending on how they finish the season. 15 more points would mean we'd be 1 point behind San Jose and leading the division.

:thumbup:

my thoughts exactly. He makes a statement, someone then refutes his statement with fact, and then he dismisses it by saying "after the loss to Calgary last week, everyone said we were done blah blah blah". Heaven forbid you be wrong just once. I still think it's very reasonable we could grab the 5 spot, especially if we stay hot.

And 3 points out of 9th.

Last week, after losing to Calgary people here were saying it's over, and now after beating Calgary, we're looking at the number 5 seed. Very comical.

The problem here is you're pretending two different subsets of fans are the same group. There are plenty of people who were predicting doom, gloom, and no playoffs. Whatever. There were others, like myself, who said to keep the faith, we'll be just fine. And so far, we are just fine. I'm not saying we'll take the 5 seed, I'm saying it's only a few points away AND THE NUMBER YOU HAVE GIVEN US WAS FLAT OUT ******* WRONG. Stop deflecting, man up, and admit you were either wrong or abusing hyperbole like a redheaded stepchild.