#1 Grinder_25

Grinder_25

Rookie

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:26 AM

My link

Should be interesting

Edited by Grinder_25, 18 March 2010 - 10:27 AM.

#2 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,140 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:33 AM

If anyone could possibly record this and post it for those of us who don't have access to the live viewing, I would greatly appreciate it. I'll +1 your rep AND give you a five star rating :)

#3 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:39 AM

I wish I got TSN. Hopefully it's on Youtube by tomorrow.

I'd like to hear their thoughts on their feud - though I'm not expecting fireworks and I'm thinking that they must have respect for eachother by now. Afterall, Lemieux was without question a great player, as was McCarty was great in his own way - he was far more capable a hockey player than most who played his role. Mac did what he had to do by going after Claude, then the next time they met Claude showed Mac that he wasn't scared of him, challenging him to a straight-up fight that was actually pretty close. In addition, both of them came back out of nowhere to play in the NHL again after most thought their days were done - that alone should is noteworthy and oughta endear them to eachother a little bit.
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#4 Grinder_25

Grinder_25

Rookie

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:57 AM

TSN posts all OTR episodes on their website, so sometime tonight after it airs I'm sure.

#5 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:06 AM

Mac: Punch him in the face, for old-times' sake.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#6 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:10 AM

I think i get that channel on Directv, but i dont know the channels very well, there are way to many of them. Any other Directv members out there that could shed some light on it for me?

#7 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:15 AM

Watching those videos makes me really miss that rivalry. What transpired between those two teams from '96 to '02 was something I've never seen in my lifetime in any other sport, and it depresses me to think I likely won't ever see the Wings in that epic of a rivalry again.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#8 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:19 AM

I think i get that channel on Directv, but i dont know the channels very well, there are way to many of them. Any other Directv members out there that could shed some light on it for me?

It depends on your package. You can check the channels you get by logging into your account on their site.

edit: You can also use the search feature on your remote to search for channels.

Edited by Travis, 18 March 2010 - 11:20 AM.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#9 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:22 AM

It depends on your package. You can check the channels you get by logging into your account on their site.

edit: You can also use the search feature on your remote to search for channels.

Alright cool cool thanks!

#10 tdinc

tdinc

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:24 AM

That feud was most EPIC...

I Miss PASS :(

#11 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:25 AM

Watching those videos makes me really miss that rivalry. What transpired between those two teams from '96 to '02 was something I've never seen in my lifetime in any other sport, and it depresses me to think I likely won't ever see the Wings in that epic of a rivalry again.

No doubt...That rivalry during those years is what the league could use today (minus of course the cheap shot, and ensuing injury that more or less started it all); IMHO it was a rivalry that attracted many non-hockey fans to watch.

Might we see something similar tonight between the Pens/Bruins?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#12 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:49 AM

No doubt...That rivalry during those years is what the league could use today (minus of course the cheap shot, and ensuing injury that more or less started it all); IMHO it was a rivalry that attracted many non-hockey fans to watch.

Might we see something similar tonight between the Pens/Bruins?

I remember back sometime around 2000-2001 ESPN asked what was the best rivalry in all of sports. The options were as follows:

- Detroit Red Wings-Colorado Avalanche
- New York Yankees-Boston Red Sox
- Green Bay Packers-Chicago Bears
- Green Bay Packers-Minnesota Vikings
- *One more option I can't remember*
- Other

The Wings-Avalanche collected something like 47% of the total votes! No other rivalry was within 25% of that total. Think about the significance of that given how little ESPN showed hockey at that point in time.

#13 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:55 AM

I remember back sometime around 2000-2001 ESPN asked what was the best rivalry in all of sports. The options were as follows:

- Detroit Red Wings-Colorado Avalanche
- New York Yankees-Boston Red Sox
- Green Bay Packers-Chicago Bears
- Green Bay Packers-Minnesota Vikings
- *One more option I can't remember*
- Other

The Wings-Avalanche collected something like 47% of the total votes! No other rivalry was within 25% of that total. Think about the significance of that given how little ESPN showed hockey at that point in time.

Interesting enough - but only two of those (Packers/Bears and Yankees/RedSocks) have any real staying power. The fact that the Wings Av brawl was still recent in people's memories clearly had a huge inpact on that poll. I doubt it would make the top 10 today (and it shouldn't) but the two I mentioned would. Just as they would have in 1990, 1980, 1970 and so on.
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#14 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:36 PM

I'd like to hear their thoughts on their feud - though I'm not expecting fireworks and I'm thinking that they must have respect for eachother by now. Afterall, Lemieux was without question a great player, as was McCarty was great in his own way - he was far more capable a hockey player than most who played his role. Mac did what he had to do by going after Claude, then the next time they met Claude showed Mac that he wasn't scared of him, challenging him to a straight-up fight that was actually pretty close. In addition, both of them came back out of nowhere to play in the NHL again after most thought their days were done - that alone should is noteworthy and oughta endear them to eachother a little bit.

that sucks royal ass that you don't get tsn!
wings vs. oilers tomorrow at 8:30 central and monday wings vs. s***birds at 6:00 central both on tsn. then again i don't get versus so i miss probably even more good games...

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#15 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:50 PM

tsn is expecting a blood bath tonight...me too

#16 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 02:55 PM

In the book written about the rivalry they say it was over. A few years later I believe when Claude was on another team during a game/pregame he told DMac he's glad to hear he's off gambling and alchol, etc. Basically he was burying the hatchet
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#17 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:09 PM

Anyone know what channel this is for WOW! Cable? Or if they even offer it? This should be a great show.

#18 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:14 PM

This should be good, I hate that little ***** Lemieux.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:54 PM

Wouldn't it be funny if the Pens dress Brookbank and Godard and play them on the same line as Matt Cooke tonight?

Oh and as for McCarty and Lemieux, I'm surprised Mac would even want to be in the same room as that bastard.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#20 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:14 PM

Wouldn't it be funny if the Pens dress Brookbank and Godard and play them on the same line as Matt Cooke tonight?

Oh and as for McCarty and Lemieux, I'm surprised Mac would even want to be in the same room as that bastard.

They seem like they're getting along fine.

It seems they left the bitter feelings on the ice.