• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest REDWINGSFTW

Early Penalty Watch For Game 1

Rate this topic

Guest REDWINGSFTW

Ok everyone I believe Wednesday is going to be a day of BS calls and ill be surprised if the wings make it out of this series alive or if a huge conspiracy theory comes out of this. The NHL wants Phoenix to suceed thus trying to get them to go as far as they can.

:looney:

What you're suggesting is racketeering. A federal crime. Punishable by lengthly prison sentences. Not the good jail, like on Cinemax. The man jail.

One corrupt ref, even two, might be believable. But the NHL will NOT, definitely NOT, no possible way, absolutely ZERO CHANCE, be involved in any way.

If you don't believe this, please, PLEASE, for the love of all that's Holy, do the human race a favor and remove yourself from the gene pool as soon as possible.

Guest REDWINGSFTW

:looney:

What you're suggesting is racketeering. A federal crime. Punishable by lengthly prison sentences. Not the good jail, like on Cinemax. The man jail.

One corrupt ref, even two, might be believable. But the NHL will NOT, definitely NOT, no possible way, absolutely ZERO CHANCE, be involved in any way.

If you don't believe this, please, PLEASE, for the love of all that's Holy, do the human race a favor and remove yourself from the gene pool as soon as possible.

Wow, just because something can put you in jail doesnt mean people dont do it. How many people have illegal satelites and shiet.

Also in the bolded, if i have a different opinion or dont believe something you do, i shud fk off?

The Red Wings should be able to overcome anything.

If not they don't deserve to be Stanley Cup champions.

No excuses, we are relatively healthy now.

This.

There has never been a conspiracy against the Wings or for another team, regardless of how much one would want to believe it. If anything, it's a psychological thing - we as fans see brutal calls and missed calls that appear as though we've been destined to lose by the refs; the refs may like the story and start looking (subconciously) for the favourite's penalties more than the underdog.

Good teams find a way to win. No Fear, No Excuses, No Mercy.

I thought the whinning about the refs was bad in the past....now its starting a couple days before the playoffs even start? Unbelievable. Will it even be possible for the Wings to commit a penalty without it being a BS call? Do you think it's possible? Nah, can't be.

Ok everyone I believe Wednesday is going to be a day of BS calls and ill be surprised if the wings make it out of this series alive or if a huge conspiracy theory comes out of this. The NHL wants Phoenix to suceed thus trying to get them to go as far as they can.

Lower the paranoid level, please.

The Red Wings have certainly gotten jobbed at times, but they've also benefited this year, especially later in the season.

The problem is not so much with officiating, but the rules of bogus calls like phantom interference or intent to blow the whistle on a goal. It is impossible not to be an idiot when something like that arises because the rules have so much gray area in them, it isn't black and white, no matter how good or bad of a ref you are.

The officiating can be questionable at times of course but these conspiracy theories are just downright absurd sometimes that come up on here.

Wings just need to play and capitalize on their chances, obviously goaltending must be strong. I can guarantee that Homer will have a goal, or more, called back due to interference. There will probably be a "quick" whistle too. Wings gotta overcome it.

Wings just need to play and capitalize on their chances, obviously goaltending must be strong. I can guarantee that Homer will have a goal, or more, called back due to interference. There will probably be a "quick" whistle too. Wings gotta overcome it.

Especially if O'Halloran is calling any of the games.

I'm 100% sure there will be ugly calls and Coyotes will be given all the chances in the world to win this series. You just need to consider NHL as a corporation that may easily screw one of their best departments in favor of the struggling one. We'll lose this series no matter how we play. I had exactly the same feeling last year before SCF.

I'm 100% sure there will be ugly calls and Coyotes will be given all the chances in the world to win this series. You just need to consider NHL as a corporation that may easily screw one of their best departments in favor of the struggling one. We'll lose this series no matter how we play. I had exactly the same feeling last year before SCF.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Yes the NHL is a business, but rigging a series to the point where it's impossible for a particular team to win, would kill the leagues reputation and cause losses in revenue that FAR outweigh any losses caused by a failing organisation.

It was not the case in last years scf either, just think about all the little game changing moments (eg stalls shorty) that had nothing to do with biased reffing. Infact that particular example was caused by officiating in the wings favour!

The fact of the matter is that there is a very healthy amount of people on here with a similar attitude going into the playoffs and no matter how legit a call against the Wings may be, when it happens, they will be blinded by the attitude to the point where the call is obviously BS and there is a conspiracy.

Now, most normal fans will think a lot of calls against their team are BS or missed calls are BS, but that's just bias, what happens around here goes way, way too far.

There will be legitimate bad calls made against the Wings, but it generally goes both ways, things will get missed, which again, generally goes both ways.

Here's a fact - after almost every series, fans from both teams will think their team got screwed when it comes to officiating.

That has more to do with O'Halloran being a douchebag than the NHL having it out for the Wings and Holmstrom.

There will be legitimate bad calls made against the Wings, but it generally goes both ways, things will get missed, which again, generally goes both ways.

Here's a fact - after almost every series, fans from both teams will think their team got screwed when it comes to officiating.

Generally over the course of a series, the bad calls and missed calls even out between both teams. If the referees manage to piss off everyone, they're probably doing their job correctly. :P

(Granted, the Pittsburgh too many men was egregious.)

The Wings have overcome bad officiating before. (Hossa's called-back goal against the Ducks last year comes to mind.) They just need to play their game well enough so that a botched call doesn't matter, and they are more than capable of doing this.

Seriously though, when are there not BS calls against us. Honestly I look at the teams in the playoffs, just in the West I feel the league would rather see the Yotes, Nucks, Sharks, Kings, and of course the Hawks go further then us.

That isn't even bringing up the East which has the poster children of the NHL in it. I have a feeling that the Pens, Sabers, Sens, Bruins, and most of all Caps would get the calls over us this year.

I firmly believe that the league handed the Pens the cup by fixing game three. I always expect them to make calls to extend series and give extra chances for the best market teams to advance. Phoenix could use a deep run. Honestly if they were to make the finals the franchise would instantly be viable. People just want a contender. I mean how else can you explain the Penguins selling out now?

Guest Lidstromboli

022.jpg

Have a glass of Kool Aid, OP. I swear I didn't put anything in it. It's delicious :)

(Granted, the Pittsburgh too many men was egregious.)

Bad missed call, yes, but Pens fans would point out the 2 times Zetterberg covered the puck in the crease....technically should have been penalty shots.

I very, very rarely spend anytime on other team's boards (I read the Leafs board quite a bit when Donald MacLean was in their system), but I do occassionally check in during the playoffs. I can tell you that the Pens fans were not happy at all about the officiating last year.

During the atual games, in the heat of the moment, I get pissed when bad calls are made or missed, but at the end of the day, I generally sit bak and understand that these things happen, you don't have robots out there that see everything and automatically make calls.

Here's something to think about.......as a fan, if you finish watching a series and you the officiating was pretty good, there is probably something seriously wrong. That's just the way it goes, as a fan, you are unable to be anything but biased for your team.