• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:18 AM

Jimmy Howard, Matt Duchene, and Tyler Myers named Calder Finalists. Congrats, Jimmy! We all congratulate you on a well-deserved honor.

NHL.com

Edited by Miss Wing Queen, 22 April 2010 - 11:20 AM.

#2 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,077 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:36 AM

He should win.

He's more important to his team than those players and has had a better season imo.

I don't know if he'll win it, though. I doubt it and think Myers will probably be chosen.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#3 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:37 AM

Let me guess, this story was broken by Captain Obvious, Defender of That Which is Already Known? :hehe:

Congrats Jimmy, you have done above a fantastic job in Detroit.
40 for life.

#4 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:38 AM

He should win.

He's more important to his team than those players and has had a better season imo.

I don't know if he'll win it, though. I doubt it and think Myers will probably be chosen.

He was defenitly our MVP of the season. I dont care what the NHL votes he won in my book.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#5 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:43 AM

I agree that they'll probably take Myers for the winner, but Howie definitely deserves this one. He's been great for us this year, and I hope the kid keeps it up. He has potential to have a great career. :clap:

#6 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:45 AM

He was defenitly our MVP of the season. I dont care what the NHL votes he won in my book.

I know the playoffs aren't suppose to affect the voting, but I think the voting is always affected by it... I think it will all depend on this first round, if Buffalo can come back and win their series (not likely), I think Myers wins it, if not, regardless of other outcomes, Jimmy wins it...

in my opinion, he deserves it regardless, that's just what I think WILL happen...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#7 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,496 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:48 AM

I know the playoffs aren't suppose to affect the voting, but I think the voting is always affected by it... I think it will all depend on this first round, if Buffalo can come back and win their series (not likely), I think Myers wins it, if not, regardless of other outcomes, Jimmy wins it...

in my opinion, he deserves it regardless, that's just what I think WILL happen...

Let me know if I'm wrong here, but I believe the voting takes place before the playoffs start. In other words, they've announced the "top three" vote getters as the three Calder nominees, and among those three, someone has already been voted tops.

Edited by rick zombo, 22 April 2010 - 11:49 AM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#8 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:51 AM

I still don't understand how they can ignore Rask despite the games played. Oh well, guess he can fly under the radar all the way to the finals. It's all about Miller right now despite Bruins are leading 3-1.

edit: Posted Image

Edited by Finnish Wing, 22 April 2010 - 11:53 AM.

Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#9 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:52 AM

He has exceeded every single one of my expectations so far. (During the season prediction thread back in Septemeber, I had predicted that the Wings would have picked up a goalie at the trade deadline to backup Ozzie, oops.)

I don't think he'll win it, unfortunately. Everyone in the media has made too much out of his age, constantly pointing it out when his name comes up in rookie discussions. I think it'll go to Meyers, who has had a great season himself. Congrats to all three, they all had huge rookie years.
Posted Image

#10 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:55 AM

If it would then Rask would be the winner easily.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#11 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:55 AM

They can keep their Calder so long as Jimmy gets to lift the Cup this year.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#12 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:02 PM

Voting is already finished before the playoffs start. Myers, Duchene and Howard aren't really "finalists", they're just the guys who finished top 3 in voting. One of them has already won it, they just don't reveal who until June. Playoffs have no impact on these awards.

#13 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:03 PM

If one remove the red wing glasses and bias opinions this probably should go to Myers, with howard the 2nd and Duchene 3rd

#14 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:07 PM

If one remove the red wing glasses and bias opinions this probably should go to Myers, with howard the 2nd and Duchene 3rd

I'm extremely shocked you didn't rank Howard at 3rd, or even substitute someone else in his place. Keep up the negativity :thumbup:

#15 F2B&G

F2B&G

Rookie

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:17 PM

Howard earned a spot in the final three, but based on age and who he plays for, I wouldn't be shocked if he finished third in the voting. Myers will probably win.

All three are deserving though.

#16 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,496 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:19 PM

I still don't understand how they can ignore Rask despite the games played. Oh well, guess he can fly under the radar all the way to the finals. It's all about Miller right now despite Bruins are leading 3-1.

Whatever, this pansy wear helmet. :ph34r:
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#17 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:23 PM

I have heard by some weird rule he isn't a rookie but I could be wrong.

#18 Slave

Slave

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:30 PM

Whatever, this pansy wear helmet. :ph34r:

I Lol"d

#19 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:42 PM

Voting is already finished before the playoffs start. Myers, Duchene and Howard aren't really "finalists", they're just the guys who finished top 3 in voting. One of them has already won it, they just don't reveal who until June. Playoffs have no impact on these awards.

oh... I thought just the nominees got voted for prior - thank you for the clarification!

This makes it a little more dicey then, but with Jimmy's play down the stretch, I still think he deserves it over Myers, but wouldn't be incredibly surprised if Myers won...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#20 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:52 PM

oh... I thought just the nominees got voted for prior - thank you for the clarification!

This makes it a little more dicey then, but with Jimmy's play down the stretch, I still think he deserves it over Myers, but wouldn't be incredibly surprised if Myers won...

There are no nominees.....bit of a pet peeve of mine as I constantly see people suggest so and so is nominated for the Hart or some other award, or good 3 guys to pick to be nominated. As someone already stated, sort of, there are no nominees, they don't nominated 3 guys who then get voted on, voters simply vote for whoever they want, as long as they are eligible, and these "finalists" being announced over this week and next are simply those 3 that finished with the most points (based on voting, so many points for each 1st place vote, 2nd place vote, etc.).

The voting for ALL of the awards already took place...early last week, before the playoffs started.