• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

I'm Satisfied

Rate this topic

I just really hope this isn't Nick's last season. He deserves better.

I like Lidstrom and all... but really? He deserves more than his warehouse full of trophys and his warehouse full of money? I have to disagree. No offense Nick.

It may be entirely possible and it is a factor, but it's not an excuse to blow a 2-goal lead in the final period of a game.

I don't know if you're a basketball fan but tonight's game reminded me of Game 6 of DET against BOS where DET blew a double digit lead within the fourth quarter. The body language of the DET players was eerily similar in both games.

And yeah I know, the NBA sucks. (Just getting it out of the way because I'm aware I'm on a hockey forum).

Can't win every year. Also, like Crymson said, it's tough to win when all the calls are going the other way. I'm not one who believes the League tries to decided the outcome of games, but the last 4 Wings games really makes me wonder... We're not a bunch of goons and are among the lowest penalized teams in the regular season, but get most of the penalties called against us in the playoffs.

good last three years, wings.

two stanley cup finals in a row, one win. and in 07 we took it to the conference finals.

you wont go deep every year. looking forward to the off-season and Holland and co dumping williams and hopefully resigning Miller and Eaves. i also hope Lidstrom and maltby come back for another year.

Edited by kylee

I like Lidstrom and all... but really? He deserves more than his warehouse full of trophys and his warehouse full of money? I have to disagree. No offense Nick.

A player of his caliber deserves to go out on a high note. Hell, even a fighting note.

Yzerman didn't deserve his fate and I don't think Lidstrom deserves what is coming next.

s*** happens.

It ain't easy when the opposite team is getting all of the calls, too.

Blowing a 2-goal lead in the final period of a game is also s**t that happens too that should not, but it did...

I'm proud of what this team done to get this far and I'm always going to be a Wings fan, but there is no excuse for blowing this game tonight.

And save your schtick about being a true vs. a fake fan. It's retarded. I would love to be proven wrong and the Wings win 4 straight. Of course it is possible. I will hope that it happens and be eagerly watching the next game Thursday. But it is slim/none and the season is all but over.

A player of his caliber deserves to go out on a high note. Hell, even a fighting note.

Yzerman didn't deserve his fate and I don't think Lidstrom deserves what is coming next.

And what does the end of their careers have in common?

A f***up play by Jason Williams that winds up costing them the game. <_<

I don't know if you're a basketball fan but tonight's game reminded me of Game 6 of DET against BOS where DET blew a double digit lead within the fourth quarter. The body language of the DET players was eerily similar in both games.

And yeah I know, the NBA sucks. (Just getting it out of the way because I'm aware I'm on a hockey forum).

Ah. Don't really follow the NBA much, even with the Hornets being the local team down here in NOLA. But that's neither here/there.

Same here with tonight. When the Sharks made it 3-2 and the Wings barely put any pressure on them after that, my mood was like the body language you just described. I was getting more doubtful as the game went on. :(

Guest Crymson

A f***up play by Jason Williams that winds up costing them the game. <_<

Williams wasn't the one who blew coverage twice in that game. That was Lilja.

I agree, this will be a loss that I will get over quickly. Howard got some valuable playoff experience. The Sharks are a team that is hard to hate, and I will be pulling for them to come out of the West. I hate the Canucks and Blackhawks but I really think the Sharks will beat either of them (the Canucks if you ask me). It seems the Penguins have a cakewalk to the SCF this year, and while I will be cheering against them all the way, a Sharks vs Penguins Final would be quite good, the Sharks easily have more talent and should take it if all goes according to this plan.

Guest Crymson

That was before he fought Moen and became the "PAIN TRAIN"

That took place in one of my favorite regular season games of all time.

I don't feel that Wings are as poor a team as the series deficit indicates, but sometimes that's just how it goes. Perhaps they want to win one to avoid the indignity of being swept, but no matter. The time off will hopefully do them good. I don't think the team needs a lot of work, especially with Hudler coming back, provided Lidstrom doesn't retire.

Last time I checked, there are 7 games in a series. Obviously our odds are VERY LOW, put it is still possible. GO WINGS.

No...there are only four games in a series if one team wins them all.

PLAYOFFS

10 gp

1 goal

4 assists

5 points

0 +/-

10 PIM

15 shots

These are not a top 6 forwards statistics, either Babcock is playing him wrong or he's just as useless as the stats suggest.

He is being played wrong but it's not by choice. Who else can be our 6th forward? Cleary? Not at the moment. Miller? I don't see that working out.

If we hadn't signed the most expensive pylon in the world(Rafalski) for 6 million dollars we would have options. Sammy not leaving maybe. Hudler as a the 2nd line winger. Right now Bert is the only one who could fill out the top 6. Next year I don't seem him in the top 6 if we do resign him.

Edited by zettie85

I agree with OP. To make it to 2nd round is what I thought would be a good salvage to being in 9th place for the first 65-70 games of the season. Of course, I'm sad but nothing even remotely closed to last year's loss.

I agree with OP. To make it to 2nd round is what I thought would be a good salvage to being in 9th place for the first 65-70 games of the season. Of course, I'm sad but nothing even remotely closed to last year's loss.

Nothing could be as bad as last year. I have hard time talking about it still.

Reminded me a hell of a lot more of game 6 against Edmonton in 2006.

No matter what, I'm proud of the Wings, what this team has accomplished the past 3 years and what they overcame this year. And I'm not going to be all doom and gloom if they lose. Those 2006 Red Wings lost Yzerman and Shanny and everyone thought the team's glory years had past. The next year they nearly won the Cup. We'll be back. But we'll appreciate the next long playoff run, whenever it comes, all the more.

Howard got his first taste of the playoffs and now we can mix up this team and remove the lazy players. Bert, Lebda, Ericsson, Williams, f*** you.

:thumbup: ..haven't given up just yet. i won't until the horn blows.. :rolleyes: but this is the upside.

whens the last time a team came back to win a series down 3-0?

"... to find themselves down three games to none in their best of seven playoff series . Only twice in 155 tries have NHL teams dug out from this dire deficit.

The two teams to pull it off are the Toronto Maple Leafs and the New York Islanders. The Leafs accomplished the feat first with their comeback win over the Detroit Red Wings in the 1942 Stanley Cup Finals. The Islanders became the second and only other team to defy the odds doing so in their first franchise playoff run, punishing the Pittsburgh Penguins in their 1975 Quarterfinals matchup."

http://www.puckreport.com/2009/04/nhl-playoff-comebacks-trailing-3-0.html

It'd be disgustingly amazing to watch Detroit pull it off, but this isn't 1975.

I'm not happy with this year or last year's performances, but: Like Crymson said, Wing fans have it A LOT better off than so many teams. Tempers the disappointment, at least, even though it doesn't take it away.

I don't feel that Wings are as poor a team as the series deficit indicates, but sometimes that's just how it goes. Perhaps they want to win one to avoid the indignity of being swept, but no matter. The time off will hopefully do them good. I don't think the team needs a lot of work, especially with Hudler coming back, provided Lidstrom doesn't retire.

Heroes of Hockeytown is a disreputable liar.

Do not believe this man. He will mislead any and all.