• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KrazyGangsta

Thanks for the Great Season, Detroit!

Rate this topic

First off let me start out by saying, thank you Jimmy Howard. Next season will be better, hopefully no Bertuzzi and happy Hudler will come back hungry for a championship. Lidstrom will have to take a huge pay cut or he's done.

Let the boys rest and recover from the deep playoff runs we had in the past few years.

I'm hoping for something along the lines of....

Detroit Red Wings 2010-2011 Stanley Cup Champions

Thanks for the nice run at the end of the season, thanks for one last good memory in the playoffs before being ousted. But honestly, I'm glad it's over.

From the first game of the year in that stupid trip to Sweden, something was off. We couldnt hold a lead, we couldnt play defence, we didnt get timely goals. Nothing really changed as the season went along, then people started dropping like flies. And we started losing, and we were in 9th and 10th place in the West at times. It seemed like whenever something would go wrong, it did, scored on during the 1st minute and last minute of periods. Just a nightmare of a season, to cap it off by losing to the Sharks isnt a good memory.

But, onto next season, a nice summer of rest will only help Bertuzzi, Homer, Lidstrom, Cleary, Franzen, Stuart and Kronwall get healthy and we be ready to come back next year. Lets Go Red Wings! :thumbup:

I agree. The start of the season pretty much set the tone of the entire season. The Wings fought hard after the Olympic Break, but they ran out of steam.

Great year boys. :clap: Way to overcome the regular season injuries, could not be prouder to be a Wings fan.

Much love for Jimmy Howard, and prayers that Lidstrom will not retire (I personally think there's no way in hell he will, but with all this speculation about his retirement a prayer or two can't hurt ;)) Rest up and we'll make another run at Lord Stanley's Cup next fall!

great season, we were left for dead after the olympic break. i had no illusions about this team, they were not good enough to win a cup. i think the 2nd round was gravy. this was a rebuilding year, holland basically said so at the beginning of the year. i'll take a game 7 win and a trip to the 2nd round on a rebuilding year.

so lets sign babs to a extension, and retool and make a serious run next season.

Can't win 'em all, there's 29 teams wanting to win as badly as we do. There's nothing to be ashamed of at all. I hope the guys enjoy their summer, rest up, and are ready to go at it again in October.

I enjoyed watching Howard come into his own this season. Between the pipes looks strong in Detroit for the next decade. Jimmy got some very valuable playoff experience. Personally I think he did an excellent job all year!

We'll be back. I think the Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Franzen years have at least one more Cup in them.

Let's Go Red Wings!

It was a successful regular season but a disappointing playoffs.

Making the playoffs while devastated by injuries=epic success.

Losing terribly in the playoffs while healthy and full of talent=disappointment.

Man I love this team... I love the jersey. I love the history, and I love this season. This was my first true season as a Red Wing.. as I watched nearly every game and went out to the games that I could when they came to the West Coast.

I've followed Detroit for about 12 years now, but my passion has gone to another level. Going through all the adversity the boys still showed up ready to play. There were days where things just weren't going right.. I tried to stay positive. We have to.

Hopefully everyone comes back healthy, and we have a good off-season.

LET'S GO RED WINGS...

Well, this season certainly has had enough drama! Despite it not being the best year ever, I still had a great effing time watching what, in my opinion, will always be the best hockey team in the league. Also, it's been great talking to the best fans in the league, too!

Congrats to our newest player and Calder nominee, Mr. Jimmy Howard, for what was overall a pretty great year. Obviously there were a few bumps in the road, but I thought he worked out well in the end, and I look forward to seeing what he does next season.

Congrats to one of our senior players, Nicklas Lidstrom, for 18 (it's 18, right?) seasons of awesome hockey. You ARE defensive hockey, and you've been a great inspiration to your teammates, not to mention us fans, as a captain. It can't have been easy to follow The Captain, but if anyone carries on Yzerman's legacy of class and teamwork, it's you. I just better see you again in fall, dammit, because this is NOT a good-bye note. I'll be thanking you for your 19th season (if I've got the math right) next year, so be there.

Guest mjtm77

Good job it always sucks to loose, but someone has to. Well it will take a few days until I can forget about this loss Ill prob start focusing on my golf game more.

It was a different season indeed. Working so hard in the end to make it a 100 pts season and making it to the playoffs.

At one point, we were all happy just to make it in but of course, once we're in, we have high expectations.

Howie can only get better. Went to round 2 in his first year. Bright future.

Sure I'm upset it didn't last a bit longer but all in all, pretty satisfied.

At least we wont have to see Williams wearing a Winged wheel ever again.

Btw, I think that the Wings need all the rest they can get. Perhaps an early exit is a blessing in disguise. With all the rest from this season, the Wings will be able to push further next season. Also, all of the injuries will be healed up come October :D.

Edited by bd2988

Guest Heaten

They exceeded all expectations. Now they need to rest up and get healthy for next season.

Can't wait for the playoffs to get over so we can get to the fun stuff... like re-signing Captains, trades/signings, and drafting future Red Wings.

congrats red wings for kicking the s*** out of the dirt dogs and for playing very hard. jimmy howard is fantastic. wings played GREAT hockey. always proud of the team...and i can't ******* wait until JASON WILLIAMS is gone for good. :crazy:

Great season for sure. The team showed a ton of heart and strenght in being able to overcome all the off-season losses and injuries. The way they adapted from winning games purely on skill and scoring to grinding out 2-1, 3-2 wins was amazing to see. The emergence of Howard is probably the one lasting memory I'll have of this season. Let's just hope he can repeat his performance next year. He was inconsistent in the playoffs but I believe he was worn out, and still he had some really good games. He's our guy going forward for sure.

You can't be disappointed in making the 2nd round of the playoffs this season. It was never going to be "our season". Making the playoffs was our victory this year, everything that happened in the playoffs was a bonus. Atleast that's how I see it. They can't make the final every year.

Next year they'll be more rested and healthier, with Hudler and hopefully still with Lidstrom. Looking forward to it.

Conference Semi-Final for a team that, not only sports writers and fans, but their own staff, say are in a 'transition period' is amazing. It's why I know beyond all doubt we're one of the best sports organisations of all time. Greatly looking forward to next year when the transition (hopefully) will be complete!

LETS GO WINGS

Thanks for the great season and for getting as far as you did. Enjoy the off season and get some rest. I know I am...*opens beer... turns on tigers game....passes out*

Edited by Spinner