The Curse of Marian Hossa

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#141 Octopus

Octopus

Jr. Prospect

• 21 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:25 AM

The curse is going to continue I think. I really think the Flyers are gonna band together and take the next 2. I'm afraid for Hossa's well-being though when they do lose.

#142 ilmickeyli

ilmickeyli

Meatwad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:34 AM

The curse is going to continue I think. I really think the Flyers are gonna band together and take the next 2. I'm afraid for Hossa's well-being though when they do lose.

I'd love for this to be true (Flyers taking the next two). With this being Chicago's best chance, and Hossa being w/ them the next 11 years.. Could be interesting.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#143 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:38 AM

I want the Hawks to win pretty much solely for Hossa. In all honesty, I think that the Flyers are the favorites for tonight's game. They're a different beast at the Wachovia.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#144 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:09 PM

yep so yea.... some curse you dumbasses

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#145 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:16 PM

He cursed us. Justin Abdelkader got paid $850,000 last season and he scored 2 goals in 2 finals games. Hossa got $7,450,000 to score 0 goals and put 2 assists(or 3?) up in 7 finals games.

I could give a flying f*** what Hossa did for the Blackhawks this year. He was a complete and utter failure for the Detroit Red Wings. With Datsyuk playing injured we needed Hossa to do something, anything in the finals to earn hisf****** paycheck. Hossa not only failed us he ate up more than 10% of the cap and in doing so prevented us from getting a useful player who could contribute in the finals.

Hossa can kiss my ass.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#146 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:22 PM

He cursed us. Justin Abdelkader got paid $850,000 last season and he scored 2 goals in 2 finals games. Hossa got $7,450,000 to score 0 goals and put 2 assists(or 3?) up in 7 finals games.

I could give a flying f*** what Hossa did for the Blackhawks this year. He was a complete and utter failure for the Detroit Red Wings. With Datsyuk playing injured we needed Hossa to do something, anything in the finals to earn hisf****** paycheck. Hossa not only failed us he ate up more than 10% of the cap and in doing so prevented us from getting a useful player who could contribute in the finals.

Hossa can kiss my ass.

You waive datsyuks injury and not hossa's. The amount of money you are paid doesnt magically heal injuries.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#147 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:23 PM

Waaaah!

Fixed that for you.

#148 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:26 PM

You waive datsyuks injury and not hossa's. The amount of money you are paid doesnt magically heal injuries.

Holland stated multiple times that Hossa was not playing injured for the Wings. When asked after Hossa's shoulder problem was reveled this year Holland categorically denied that Hossa was playing through a shoulder injury in the finals. He had no motive for lying about that so I believe Holland 100%.

Oh, and Datsyuk put a point per game up in the finals. So Hossa can still suck it.

Fixed that for you.

:rolleyes: Clever.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#149 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:28 PM

Holland stated multiple times that Hossa was not playing injured for the Wings. When asked after Hossa's shoulder problem was reveled this year Holland categorically denied that Hossa was playing through a shoulder injury in the finals. He had no motive for lying about that so I believe Holland 100%.

Where did he say that? He had surgery and was out of half of the next season, of course he was injured.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#150 bdavis

bdavis

• Bronze Booster
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:30 PM

I thought the curse was there when it bounced off of his skate and into the net to tie it at 3.

#151 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:33 PM

Where did he say that? He had surgery and was out of half of the next season, of course he was injured.

He faked that surgury i guessPosted Image

Posted Image

#152 Supface

Supface

Rookie

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:34 PM

curse has ended. :scared:

#153 teebo

teebo

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:36 PM

Is it the curse of Ville Leino now?

#154 Red Wings 2010

Red Wings 2010

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:48 PM

It continues. How many points did he put up? If he wasn't for Chicago's massive pay check players, hossa would be looking for a new team to go to the SCF with.:ranting:

#155 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:49 PM

Holland definitely said that. I read it on the Snapshots blog around the time the injury was reveled. Note that Hossa doesn't live in a special protective bubble during the offseason ;)

He faked that surgury i guessPosted Image

Derp. Because the only time he could've been injured was in the Finals with the Wings. :rolleyes:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#156 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:52 PM

Is it the curse of Ville Leino now?

I laughed. That's great. :D

Congrats to Marion and the Hawks.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#157 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:59 PM

Holland definitely said that. I read it on the Snapshots blog around the time the injury was reveled. Note that Hossa doesn't live in a special protective bubble during the offseason ;)

Derp. Because the only time he could've been injured was in the Finals with the Wings. :rolleyes:

http://www.mlive.com...and_says_1.html

"He was hurt before he got to us,'' Holland said. "Our doctors looked at him and we had conversations about whether to have surgery. Our doctors recommended he should have something done at some point but it's something he can play with.''

Posted Image

#158 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:00 PM

The Great Marian Hossa Debate will never end. He will never do enough in the future and has not done enough in the past to earn the respect of bitter/fair weather fans. But it can no longer be said that he will never win a Cup. He's played so much hockey over the last 3 years, he's been very polite and gracious when answering questions about his previous losses, and if he didn't show up on the score sheet he still helped out his team. He earned this Cup and more than deserved it. :thumbup:
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#159 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:03 PM

I never believed there was a curse... unless of course it was the Ty Conklin/Winter Classic one :hehe:
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#160 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:03 PM

:zzz:

Edited by Xitium, 09 June 2010 - 11:05 PM.

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image