• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Icesurfer

Bertuzzi offered 2 year deal

Rate this topic

i would be chill with big bert on the squad for the next couple if he comes on the cheap...it would be in his best interests i would also assume.

Not a bad thing here, however I think there are many of us who would like to see him be more physical like he was in Vancouver. This year he had countless opportunities to finish checks but chose not to, If we can get Tuzz to start finshing those checks I think it could be an intimidation factor. I don't want the punch to the back of the head Bertuzzi back but I would like to see him wrecking some bodies, and an occasional goal would be nice.

Meech can move on but Lilja should be re-signed.

I still love Lils and would welcome him back with open arms, however, I would like for us to wait until after the start of FA, to see if we even have a shot at a guy like Exelby or Boynton... if neither of them sign on at a very reasonable cap hit, and fast, I say we just bring back Lils at 1.2 or less for a couple years and call it a day.

Meech will be traded, maybe in a package with other assets that we won't necessarily have room for, but own the rights to (Miller, Ritola, etc...)

One way or another though, I am very happy with the way the off season has been worked so far...

now all they have to do is toss the remaining cap at volchencov for a fairly lengthy deal and this team is set...

never gonna happen - he would easily get 4+ mil on the open market for top 4 minutes (probably top 2 minutes) and we don't have ANYWHERE near that cap available...

It will get done - earlier this season, he stated how he regretted leaving Detroit the first time and that he wants to re-sign with money being a non issue.

And he's mentioned the reason he did sign with the Ducks last time around is that they offered him a two year deal when the Wings could only offer him one. Seems like this one's in the bag already.

Guest mindfly

He'll sign for that deal. He doesn't care about the money.

Take the deal or retire, kthx buuuuurt.

Burt will take it. He's got nothing else, or so he says.

And yeah how is Brett Lebda still on the freaking team?

because he's a UFA on July 1st, when we'll let him walk... he won't be re-signed and it's not exactly like we can trade his negotiating rights...

And he's mentioned the reason he did sign with the Ducks last time around is that they offered him a two year deal when the Wings could only offer him one. Seems like this one's in the bag already.

Hossa said it would get done too. Kenny busted the bank for him and he left anyway.

+1,000,000,000

We need Lilja. Team played better D with him on the ice, simple as that.

Very true. It was crazy how much we needed him against the Pens in the Finals. Would LOVE if it could be cheaper but for 1 mill and give or take a few more its a bargain. Drapes is getting 1.583 laugh.gif and I fully realize it was a gift from the org for being there through it all but relating it to Lilz we have to fork over something close.