• This topic is locked This topic is locked
186 replies to this topic

#1 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:24 PM

Going to be interesting to watch their off-season. Who's first to go?

#2 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:31 PM

Expensive RFA's and UFA's that all have won a Cup and thus have no motivation to buy into the idea of taking less to keep the team together... Yup-- fire sale is coming. According to Spector's Hockey Rumours (the most repsected guy out there for rumours) other hockey organizations are buzzing about the young talent they'll be able to get from Chicago this summer. And apparently word from the recent GM meetings is that no one is going to take Huet or Campbell off Chicago to do them a favour-- everyone is anxious to steal young talent from them. They know Chicago won't be able to match offer sheets so the rumour is that things are going to be real interesting. Apparently Sharp and Versteeg are thought to be on the way out due to cap issues.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#3 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:35 PM

Well lets just trade for hossa and call it an offseason.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#4 Red Wings 2010

Red Wings 2010

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:36 PM

All I know is, its going to be fun to watch. :clap:

#5 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:37 PM

I was hoping the fire sale would occur without them winning the Cup first, and they'd have another 50 year drought.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#6 2guns

2guns

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:41 PM

Can't wait for the hammer to fall.

So tired ALREADY of hearing and seeing the cracknauts won the cup.

#7 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:42 PM

Expensive RFA's and UFA's that all have won a Cup and thus have no motivation to buy into the idea of taking less to keep the team together... Yup-- fire sale is coming. According to Spector's Hockey Rumours (the most repsected guy out there for rumours) other hockey organizations are buzzing about the young talent they'll be able to get from Chicago this summer. And apparently word from the recent GM meetings is that no one is going to take Huet or Campbell off Chicago to do them a favour-- everyone is anxious to steal young talent from them. They know Chicago won't be able to match offer sheets so the rumour is that things are going to be real interesting. Apparently Sharp and Versteeg are thought to be on the way out due to cap issues.

Hard to imagine Sharp leaving over Byfaglian(sp?). I do think Versteeg will be one of the first out the door. I wonder if chicago get the bad end of trades because everyone knows they MUST fire sale off a bunch of salary to stay under cap?

Edited by Heaten, 09 June 2010 - 10:44 PM.

#8 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:50 PM

I'd take Versteeg or Hjmarlsson in a heartbeat.

Well lets just trade for hossa and call it an offseason.

You're completely right, those 3 goals in 22 games were what really what put Chicago over the edge.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA, 09 June 2010 - 11:37 PM.

Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#9 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:52 PM

You're completely right, those 3 goals in 22 games were really what put Chicago over the edge.

:lol:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#10 CMatt89

CMatt89

The REAL great one...

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:53 PM

I thought they were fun to watch...and they were pretty damn good. I hope they continue to be a solid team...i just want the wings to beat them, of course.

#11 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:54 PM

Hawks will look to trade Sharp and Versteeg i read today in the off-season. to free up some cap space

#12 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:55 PM

Hard to imagine Sharp leaving over Byfaglian(sp?). I do think Versteeg will be one of the first out the door. I wonder if chicago get the bad end of trades because everyone knows they MUST fire sale off a bunch of salary to stay under cap?

It's hard to imagine Chicago won't get stiffed on those trades-- they have zero leverage. Everyone knows their hands are tied. And now all of the players have their Cups and are focused on nailing down their financial security for the foreseeable future.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#13 magicaldatsyuk

magicaldatsyuk

Rookie

• Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:56 PM

i cant wait to see what happens, so mad they won..
"failing to prepare is the same as preparing for failure."- John Wooden

#14 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,061 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:59 PM

Bobby Hull is senile :lol:

"This management crew 'cry' sniff will keep this group together for a long time, they will. And they could... become a Dynasty"

Go offseason fire sale go!

#NOMOREKINDL

#15 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:59 PM

How the hell do you solve this? They will only have about $400,000 space. This assumes the cap is $58 million.

Salary Cap Chart

Edited by jeff48109, 09 June 2010 - 11:01 PM.

#16 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:13 PM

It's hard to imagine Chicago won't get stiffed on those trades-- they have zero leverage. Everyone knows their hands are tied. And now all of the players have their Cups and are focused on nailing down their financial security for the foreseeable future.

But they will have to compete with other teams offers, so Chicago should be able to get some decent return. It is their cap issues that they have to address, so they cannot trade for anyone with any sort of cap hit. Chicago is seriously handcuffed by the cap if they do not move Huet or Campbell.

#17 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:20 PM

I have to imagine Bolland and Versteeg would be the easiest to move for prospects, plus maybe Seabrook, who will be demanding a pretty decent raise next offseason.

#18 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:22 PM

I think if they can't trade Huet they'll buy him out. That would save them $3.75M. Then dump Sopel and probably two of Sharp, Versteeg, or Bolland. I doubt Buffy is going anywhere, and I'd expect Niemi, Ladd and Hjalmarsson all to be back.

It won't be as bad as some people think, but it won't be pretty either (at least not for Chicago fans).

#19 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:24 PM

But they will have to compete with other teams offers, so Chicago should be able to get some decent return. It is their cap issues that they have to address, so they cannot trade for anyone with any sort of cap hit. Chicago is seriously handcuffed by the cap if they do not move Huet or Campbell.

I find it extremely hard to believe that any team will pick up either of those players. They are both overpaid in the extreme.

#20 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,061 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:32 PM

Anyway we could swing a 3way deal with the Hawks and some team and flip Fil for Bolland? Not too much more expensive. Probably never ever gonna happen but i'd love to have that guy on the Wings.

#NOMOREKINDL