• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Hawks trade Reasoner to Panthers for Jeff Taffe

Rate this topic

Lets say Niemi gets 2.7 mil. Here is the hawks lineup. Overall, they retain their top 6 forwards, top 4 and #7 defensemen, and their #1 goalie. (In other words, they retained their core). Burish and Eager are replaced with Dowell and Bickell. (Upgrade IMO). Lalonde is a promising prospect as well.

Stalberg < Byfuglien

Makarov < Versteeg

Skille < Ladd

They lost 3 solid players and at the very least need one of the replacements to match the 35-50 pts Byfuglien or Versteeg would have put up. All in all though, not bad. They will still be a top 4-5 team in conference. Not quite the depth to make another cup run however, but nor do the Red Wings.

LOL

Edited by Bannedforlife

Anyone think Kyle Beach could crack a lineup spot in Chicago?

At this point I think he'll at least start the season there and then if his head stays somehwat on straight he'll stay up. He'll bring some toughness adn grit they lost with Buff and Ladd but won't be a great replacement.

Seriously, what a mess... at best they're going to have a borderline team and they'd better pray that no one gets injured. For those who said we'd be "mortgaging the future" by moving out Miller or Ritola for Modano... no, this is what happens when the future is mortgaged out, lol.

Man, I love the Red Wings... and Ken Holland. :thumbup:

LOL

Why is that funny? The wings struggled to finish off the Coyotes and then got creamed by San Jose, and they have done exactly what with their roster that is going to put them over the top? Hudler? lol

Top 6- Franzen, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Hudler, Fillpula, Cleary

Top 6- Kane, Toews, Sharp, Bolland, Hossa, Brouwer

Edge= Chicago- 4 of those guys are still in their early 20's

Top 4- Lidstrom, Kronwall, Rafalski, Stuart (Last years whipping boy)

Top 4- Keith, Seabrook, Campbell, Hjalmarsson

Edge = Hawks D is much younger, skilled and faster, but the Wings, barely, only because Lidstrom is still better then all of them combined.

Goalie- Niemi

Goalie- Howard

Edge= Niemi. Stanley Cup.

As far as depth, well, to start, any team that has Todd Bertuzzi is only going to go so far, you can make up your mind as to who is better amongst the rest, Ritola, Dowell, Skille, Meech, Lalonde, Miller, Eaves, Kindl, Kopecky, Stalberg etc.

Edited by Dave82RWS

Words can't describe the mess that's over there. Every time I think, "nah, its being exaggerated a bit, they'll be fine," Chicago pulls another desperation deal to free up seemingly irrelevant slivers of cap space.

Had they not won the Cup I would feel sorry for them.

I know I keep telling myself it's no big deal and bla bla bla the Hawks will be fine. As the days go by though it's getting harder and harder to dismiss everything. You never really know how things will work out but oh boy does it look bad these days. Hope things turn out as bad as they look.

Oh, and I still wouldn't feel sorry for them.

They lost 3 solid players and at the very least need one of the replacements to match the 35-50 pts Byfuglien or Versteeg would have put up. All in all though, not bad. They will still be a top 4-5 team in conference. Not quite the depth to make another cup run however, but nor do the Red Wings.

I hope you see that the Wings have more depth than the Hawks, so where does that put the Wings in the West 2-3? So basically you're saying a 2nd or 3rd seed can't win the cup. LOL

I know most here are blatant homers and cant accept the fact that the hawks and Hossa have a cup, and that them losing to the wings the prior year was actually the best thing that could have happened to them, but how is keeping your teams core together and having decent prospects fill in after 3 years of having no room for them make it horrible for the hawks?

Any intelligent hockey fan can look at that teams roster and see that it can be capable of winning more then one stanley cup. Most of that core is still 3-4 years from hitting their primes.

I hope you see that the Wings have more depth than the Hawks, so where does that put the Wings in the West 2-3? So basically you're saying a 2nd or 3rd seed can't win the cup. LOL

I suppose you believe Drew Miller, Patrick Eaves, an aging Draper, Bertuzzi and Holmstrom are as good as any of Versteeg, Byfuglien, Ladd, Burish, Eager? They sure proved it this past year didnt they?

2 of those guys 3 years ago or beyond and I might agree with you.

What is worse for you? That the hawks won a Stanley cup, or that they Wings and their solid depth had to go 7 with the coyotes, and then got smoked by a Sharks team that in turn, got swept by Chicago?

Edited by Dave82RWS

but how is keeping your teams core together and having decent prospects fill in after 3 years

Probably not the way to go on a nice long successful run as the Wings have done for many, many years. This core s*** still cracks me up as you have let young talented players go such as Buff, Versteeg, Ladd, etc. Its cute hearing the core thing, I am not buying it and am trying as much as I can to avoid being a homer. But gee wiz I am from Detroit and love my Wings so I can see why you would be pulling that card out. Either way, what is winning a cup then possibly not getting back for another 10+ years a reason to sit back and have s*** grin on your face. I mean I realize hockey is like 4th out of 4 teams until you win something, but in what way can you feel good about what has taken place? And yes, I do believe a Wings team adding a proven player such as Huds is a better one. So is a healthy one. Talk to us in April when you start flipping Hawks games on.

Why is that funny? The wings struggled to finish off the Coyotes and then got creamed by San Jose, and they have done exactly what with their roster that is going to put them over the top?

I was laughing at your attempt to divert attention from your teams pathetic management by taking a (failed) shot at the Wings. However, since you asked...

The Red Wings will start next season with mostly the same team as last year. You know, the one that finished with the best record in the league after the Olympic break (once we got all of our injured players back). Except this year we have the addition of Hudler, the possible additions of Modano and a s*** kicking 6th D-man, the additions-by-subtraction of Williams and Lebda, and the potential progress from young players such as Howard, Ericsson, Helm, and Abdelkader. With or without Modano, Detroit will be going into next year with sick depth, much needed R&R, and (hopefully) freedom from the injury bug. We finished last season 5th in the west, I can't see us finishing outside the top 3 this year.

So like I said, LOL

Age will matter later, but right now all of Detroit's guys are only around 30. These top sixes seem pretty comparable to me, although there is some question as to whether or not that will actually be Chicago's top six when the season starts.

Edge = Hawks D is much younger, skilled and faster, but the Wings, barely, only because Lidstrom is still better then all of them combined.

This is where age is actually a factor. Although despite their elderly qualities Lidstrom-Rafalski is still a quality top pair that I think is only bettered by a couple of teams, Chicago among them.

Goalie- Niemi

Goalie- Howard

He of 3.5GAA in those Finals? He wasn't very impressive in the playoffs, but don't worry, neither was Howard. Considering they're both going to be playing in on their second NHL seasons this year I'm going to reserve judgment on this one.

In any case I don't know why you would say neither Chicago nor Detroit have the depth to be Cup contenders this year. If not them, who do you have coming out of the West? In my mind these two teams are still among the front runners in the conference.

Guest mindfly

Need I make the list again?

Byfuglien

Versteeg

Burish

Ladd

Eager

Boynton

Sopel

Fraser

Possibly Seabrook/Niemi

Chicago's a bunch of dumbf***s.Case closed.

Add Reasoner

And then John Madden is gone too...

Most of that core is still 3-4 years from hitting their primes.

Goodness. Since Stan Bowman came out and talked about this team's "CORE" that is really all I have heard from this s*** "fan" base lol. If he hadn't said it I think all we would hear is "nannaananhana we won the cup!" lulz. A thread without a troll is certainly a less entertaining one I will say that.

Edited by HankthaTank

I suppose you believe Drew Miller, Patrick Eaves, an aging Draper, Bertuzzi and Holmstrom are as good as any of Versteeg, Byfuglien, Ladd, Burish, Eager? They sure proved it this past year didnt they?

2 of those guys 3 years ago or beyond and I might agree with you.

What is worse for you? That the hawks won a Stanley cup, or that they Wings and their solid depth had to go 7 with the coyotes, and then got smoked by a Sharks team that in turn, got swept by Chicago?

How is losing 4 one goal games to the Sharks after bs 5-on-3s and Lidstrom's unfortunate broken stick getting smoked? The series was very competitive and the Wings lacked a Dan Cleary that could walk and Hudler. Add Modano to that duo and you have one of the best third lines in the league. The Wings didn't have solid depth last year and that's why they didn't go far. But to ignore adding a 57 point 26 year old and getting back a healthy Cleary is just blatant homerism on your part.

Why is that funny? The wings struggled to finish off the Coyotes and then got creamed by San Jose, and they have done exactly what with their roster that is going to put them over the top? Hudler? lol

Its kind of funny when Hawks fans pretend they aren't completely screwed. First off we picked up Eaves and Miller. Two awesome penalty killers, especially Eaves he is one hell of a grinder. Abdelkader is up full time next season. Maltby is gone. Lebda will not be our 5th-7th defenseman. Huds is back. Howard has solidified himself as a starter. It is pretty reasonable to expect half our forwards and defense to not get injured at the same time for a very large part of the season. The team has not been this healthy in 3 years. You act like your core has the edge because it is younger. With age out of the picture Detroit clearly has a better core, and in 3-4 years when our cores age will actually start to affect their play the next crop will be ready to take over. (Jarnkrok, Ferraro, Tatar, Pulkkinen, Macek, Sheahan, Smith, Nicastro, Nyquist, Lashoff etc.).

Edited by cjm502

Words can't describe the mess that's over there. Every time I think, "nah, its being exaggerated a bit, they'll be fine," Chicago pulls another desperation deal to free up seemingly irrelevant slivers of cap space.

Had they not won the Cup I would feel sorry for them.

This. I was just thinking the other day that I'm really glad they won the Cup now. Not winning the Cup and then dealing with this s*** is too much to wish even on s***hawk fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwiXG0p3N6g

Edited by Broken 16

This. I was just thinking the other day that I'm really glad they won the Cup now. Not winning the Cup and then dealing with this s*** is too much to wish even on s***hawk fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwiXG0p3N6g

Eh I could definitely wish that and then some. Especially after this clown showed up on these boards.

Goalie- Niemi

Goalie- Howard

As far as depth, well, to start, any team that has Todd Bertuzzi is only going to go so far, you can make up your mind as to who is better amongst the rest, Ritola, Dowell, Skille, Meech, Lalonde, Miller, Eaves, Kindl, Kopecky, Stalberg etc.

thats why there are 4 lines in hockey, not 2.

Shall we look at depth

Holmstrom has more points then both flip and cleary, but its ok he can be in our depth list. Along with Bertuzzi who again, had more points then both Flip and Cleary (not saying he is better). For youth we have players in Helm, Abdelkader, Ericcson, Kindl, Eaves, etc. Then the possibility of Modano, and if not the mouse then Miller, and Ritola come into play. Hows the Hawks depth look, remember injuries exist too. Stuart was no whipping boy last year, he was one of our best defensemen for a good portion of the year, with all of Detroits injuries. "Hudler? lol", will get us 70 points.

I don't think hawks top 6 is better then Detroit's either.

But its alright, your keeping "the core".

Edited by Superman54